PDA

View Full Version : I'm never watching Real TV again!! sad & graphic story

kingrattus
07-30-2003, 12:00 PM
It was sooooo horrible today!
Anyone who watches the older Real TV with Amade Richad (sp) has more then likely seen PART of this video.

A male & female elephant r together in the same pen, the male gets too rough & scares her into the mote (sp). The get a crain to carry her out & shes ok except for a fet cuts & bruses, no big deal, shes ok, scared but ok.

Thats all I have ever seen of that video in 5 yrs of watching real tv.

Well there is a new host, & to me most of the videos r fairly new.
Well they showed the elephant video & I booed cause I was sick of seeing the same old thing. Well little did I know the video kept going after they saved her.

The zoo thought it would be best if the put up an electrical wire to prevent the male from scaring her into the mote again, but the 2 elephants could still touch eachother with trunks & talk to eachother. Thats a good thing.

BUT!!!! while the female was touching the males trunk, she released from his & her trunk touched the wire. The bad part is is that her trunk was partly curled & because of that the wire went in the curl & she couldn't let go of the wire because her trunk muscles were tencing up tight. She fell to the ground twitching & peeing on herself, while the male was trying to help & the crowed was freakingout & screaming for the zoo to help her. Women were screaming & crying, men were yelling & crying & 1 zoo keeper tryed to help but the male wouldn't let him help. I was crying cause it was soooooooo horrible watching her twitch & shake & pee everywhere. If felt like it took forever for them to kill the power!!!!!
Luckly she was ok right after the power was killed. She got up & started to hug the male with her trunk again & people were chearing & I turned off the tv & went to my room.

I don't mind seeing people doing stupid stuff, but its different when an animal is in pain & her mate is freaking out. I don't like that.

magcpen
07-30-2003, 12:05 PM
Well, at the very least the elephant's okay now. You'd think the zoo would know better than to put up an electric fence. Maybe there's even a way to visit that elephant now. :)

Aspen and Misty
07-30-2003, 12:32 PM
How awfull! How could they show that on tv! :( Poor Elephant!

Ash :(

kingrattus
07-30-2003, 12:33 PM
Aspen and Misty I totally agree, I was fine watching them rescue her cause of an accident, but they went way too far this time.

allanimalswelcome
07-30-2003, 01:31 PM
Poor Elephant...

Hmm did you catch the female elephants name? A lot of Elephants are going to the Elephant Sanctuary these days.

~Rachel

kingrattus
07-30-2003, 01:41 PM
no, it said male & female only.

I Love Brian, Forever <3
07-30-2003, 02:09 PM
That's terrible. Stupid ass zoo. I hate zoos. I hate people.

luckies4me
07-30-2003, 02:21 PM
I saw that video as well and it was totally shocking. It took forever just for a person to even go in there and attempt to save her! :mad: Then the stupid guy thinks he can stop the electricucian by hitting the wire with a stick. :rolleyes: She was electricuted for it seems like a good minute. I don't know why they just didn't keep the elephants together, my god!

Tweety_Pie
07-30-2003, 02:56 PM
I saw that today to:( That was so horrible. They didn't make a good attempt to save that poor elephant. She went through so much on that day. She was probably so scared:(

binka_nugget
07-30-2003, 02:57 PM
Poor elephant. It was better of them to just not show the rest like in the old shows.

Tweety_Pie
07-30-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by allanimalswelcome
Poor Elephant...

Hmm did you catch the female elephants name? A lot of Elephants are going to the Elephant Sanctuary these days.

It said her name...it started with a P....I just can't remember it.. :confused: