PDA

View Full Version : I met Sean Astin!! (Goonies, Rudy, LOTR)

ramanth
07-29-2003, 02:16 PM
ahhhh! He was so sweet and nice. I stood in line for two hours for roughly two minutes of chat and an autograph but it was worth it. :D

My friend and I dressed up as Hogwarts Students and when it was our turn, he smiled at me and promptly asked, "How's Dumbledore?" I laughed and said he was doing okay. He then said that we looked really cute and that he loved the outfits. I told him that I hoped he had a nice day and that it was really great to meet him. My friend was speechless (she could only muster a shy "Hi." as she's had a crush on him ever since she saw Goonies.) But she did get a pic with him too and that made her day. :)

http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/gen_con_2003/sean_kim.jpg

http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/gen_con_2003/sean_kim_sign.jpg

http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/gen_con_2003/sean_smile.jpg

John Rhys Davies (Gimli) was also there, but we never got a chance to meet him or get his autograph, but that's okay, he's going to be at Dragon*Con and I'll most likely meet him there. :)

anna_66
07-29-2003, 02:18 PM
I always thought he was such a cutie:D

allanimalswelcome
07-29-2003, 02:20 PM
OMG LUCKY!

Where was this signing? Was it for Lord of the Rings? I love the books and the movies!

~Rachel

ramanth
07-29-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by allanimalswelcome
OMG LUCKY!

Where was this signing? Was it for Lord of the Rings? I love the books and the movies!
It was at Gen Con in Indianapolis, IN, this past weekend.

He'll be at Wizard World Con in Chicago, IL (http://www.wizarduniverse.com/conventions/chicago.cfm) August 8th - 10th. :D

allanimalswelcome
07-29-2003, 02:36 PM
It seems he's at a lot of signing and stuff.

Damn it! My dad said no way was he hopping on a plane so I could see Sean Astin...grr...

~Rachel

Crikit
07-30-2003, 12:23 AM
YOU MET MICKEY!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOO NOT FAR!

I love him, and am sooooo very jealous now. Not only can the guy act but he's also a pretty decent director the ep of Angel that he did was awesome. But let's be honest the real reason I like the guy is for The Goonies it was the first time I saw him and it will be what I always remember him for the best. Because of that reason you have no idea how hard it is to watch LOTR and not shut out random Goonies quotes.

Kfamr
07-30-2003, 12:52 AM
I have no idea who he is, but cool! :D

denver83tet
07-30-2003, 11:10 AM
Awesome!! I love him! :)

bnormal
07-30-2003, 11:33 AM
Gee...I never thought he was cute but I really liked the movie, "Rudy"!

:D :D :D

ramanth
07-30-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by bnormal
Gee...I never thought he was cute but I really liked the movie, "Rudy"!

LOL!! But does your wife think he's cute? ;) :p

KayAnn... did you see Lord of the Rings? Sean played Samwise Gamgee. :)

Lerah021399
07-30-2003, 11:45 AM
So cool, Kim!!! I've always liked Sean Astin. He's one of my favorite Actors. And Goonies was my childhood favorite movie...I had to of watched it 1,000 times.

AdoreMyDogs
07-30-2003, 11:46 AM
Sean Astin is so darn cute! I am amazed that such a cute guy came from John Astin :eek: !!!

Kim, as I said to you before, I am so jealous. I had the biggest crush on Sean since Goonies, went threw the teenie-bopper magazines and cut out all the Sean Astin pics that I found and kept them in a folder that I filled with hearts and stuff :) He was soooo dreamy to me as a young teen....and I must say, he's a really cute man. Congrats on meeting him and thanks for the pics :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-30-2003, 11:50 AM
every time I turn around you are talking about meeting someone famous... YOU BETTER STOP IT... unless you plan on picking me up and taking me next time...:eek: :D

I would probably act like a complete idiot if I got to meet him...:rolleyes: I can be shy...

your costumes were cute.... where did y'all get them.. or did y'all just throw them together....

GREAT PICTURES!!!:D

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-30-2003, 11:53 AM
Who is the guy sitting next to him???

Lerah021399
07-30-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs
Sean Astin is so darn cute! I am amazed that such a cute guy came from John Astin :eek: !!!

Seans brother, Mackenzie is adorable too. He starred in Iron Will and How to Deal.

bnormal
07-30-2003, 11:59 AM
"But does your wife think he's cute"?

Yeah she does but she also thinks I'm cute...so we can't go by her opinion!

ramanth
07-30-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
every time I turn around you are talking about meeting someone famous... YOU BETTER STOP IT... unless you plan on picking me up and taking me next time...:eek: :D
I can't stop! LOL!

your costumes were cute.... where did y'all get them.. or did y'all just throw them together....
Thanks. Costuming is a huge hobby of mine. :) The tie and sweater came from England, while the robe and skirt were made by my mom. We're sticklers for detail and try to make acurate replicas of the costumes you see on screen. :)

Who is the guy sitting next to him???
Most likely his agent... or someone assigned to him by the convention committee.

HoRsELUvR
07-30-2003, 03:50 PM
Thats so cool!i thought he was really great in Lord of the Rings.

Kfamr
07-30-2003, 03:58 PM
The last movie I remember seeing in the movie theater, besides what they play on tv is "Men In Black"... the first one... Does that tell you anything? :rolleyes: :p

puppygrrl4eva7
07-30-2003, 04:57 PM
OMG I love the Goonies!! :D ;) Jerk Alert Jerk Alert! LoL

I've also met a few famous People, I met Arnold (can't spell his last name) from Terminator lol he created Planet Hollywood and it used to be at Easton, the day before school started I was there with my friend and we saw all these camera crews we asked what was going on then we ran to Barnes and Noble and I got his autograph!! He was Huge!:D Also Rob Scneider (from the Animal)I didn't meet Him but my mom did, and his daughter used to go to my sister middle school, but she moved to New York last year. sorry this was kind of long:rolleyes:

allanimalswelcome
07-30-2003, 05:06 PM
I've met some not-so-famous people.

Ann M.Martin
-Wrote the Babysitter's Club Books.
She was odd...all I wanted was her to sign my book so i could get the hell out of that bookstore

Bill Nye The Science Guy
-He had a show on TV awhile ago
He was cool. He came to my Phizer where my dad works. It was bring your kid to work day and he did some lame experiments but I got his autograph!

~Rachel

Crikit
07-30-2003, 06:52 PM
ooo Mackenzie Astin was also in The Facts of Life. What a talented family.

puppygrrl4eva7
07-30-2003, 07:25 PM
Bill Nye The Science Guy

lol we sometimes watch his movies in science class :D

bnormal
07-31-2003, 07:02 AM
I love Bill Nye the science guy!

CountryWolf07
07-31-2003, 11:11 AM
Oh that guy is CUTE! LOL.. I love the movie, Rudy.. very cool.. I've met few famous people.. Crystal Bernard from WINGS (She was Helen on the show), Kenny Chesney, Jamie O'Neal, and Well this isn't really actually meeting, but I saw Drew Carey dancing on the boat docks downtown Cleveland..

AmberLee
07-31-2003, 09:17 PM
My singularly lame contribution to 'meeting famous people' thread.... since I didn't meet her, it was before I was born ...

My mom was on contract with RKO studios when Marilyn Monroe was filming "Clash by Night" in her hometown, Monterey. She brought her a Coca-Cola during a break once and they chatted a bit off and on. She says she was very sweet and friendly and a smidge shy in person. Mom didn't make it to the 'big screen', but her little sister is the kid sitting on the porch steps stroking a critter when Barbara Stanwyk walks by. (Critter looks like a cat but it's a bunny.) My uncle, their brother, is the rotten little kid rolling the cassion (big tire) that hits the male star (???) and he kicks the kid. In one of the takes something went wrong and Uncle Paul actually got kicked by accident. The star was very embarrassed and bought him a bunch of candy to make up for it. Not that you're likely to see this oldie, but if you do their part is over in like the first 5 minutes for what it's worth.

:p :rolleyes: ;)

bnormal
08-01-2003, 04:51 AM
CountryWolf07, would that have been down at the Flats?

ramanth
08-01-2003, 08:45 AM
That's really cool AmberLee. :D