PDA

View Full Version : Some people shouldn't have pets!!!

emily_the_spoiled
07-29-2003, 01:55 PM
I was just talking with someone in our office and found out they had taken their 10 month old kitten to the shelter because she didn't play with the kids :mad: :mad: :mad:

I had gotten Tanner from this family and I saw how rough the kids were with the kittens (at 8 weeks), so I know why the kitten didn't want to play with the kids. Additionally the family didn't get her fixed, because they thought she should have a litter. So now she is going to a shelter (with a high kill rate) in the middle of kitten season. All because no one in the family wanted an "older" cat who didn't play with the kids.

I am quite upset about this but I feel helpless to do anything now. If she had come to me before I would have taken her in. But I already have four cats and right now I can't really afford anymore...

ScantyNebula
07-29-2003, 01:59 PM
:( Maybe you could try and find someone else who "appreciates" cats to take the sweet little cat in their home

You are right ... some people shouldn't and don't DESERVE to have pets. :mad:

emily_the_spoiled
07-29-2003, 02:05 PM
Unfortunately, they have already turned the kitten into the shelter. I also know that the shelter wouldn't give me the kitten. In Baltimore you are only permitted to have 3 cats (and I have already gone over that limit)...

PayItForward
07-29-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by emily_the_spoiled
Unfortunately, they have already turned the kitten into the shelter. I also know that the shelter wouldn't give me the kitten. In Baltimore you are only permitted to have 3 cats (and I have already gone over that limit)...

If that is the only reason stopping you going for her, try it.

Our RSCPA don't allow more than three cats per person too but they let us adopt number six.

The manager said this rule is optional, he said as we have our cats insured and we look after them, we could adopt another (i.e. Tigs)

emily_the_spoiled
07-29-2003, 02:21 PM
Unfortunately the limit isn't the only thing stopping me. There is a hefty charge to get a cat from a shelter and right now I am still living on a student budget. So I can't really afford to get the cat out. But if they had given her to me before then I would have taken her in...:(

Kirsten
07-29-2003, 02:44 PM
Poor kitty! :( Maybe you can find somebody else who would take her?

AND YES, I agree: some people should never be allowed to have pets! I better don't say here what I think of these people and their kids!

Kirsten

emily_the_spoiled
07-29-2003, 02:53 PM
I don't know anyone looking for a cat right now so I would have taken her in and fostered her until I could find someone...

Don't worry, I have met the kids in this family and have wondered a few things myself.

rg_girlca
07-29-2003, 03:49 PM
Well no wonder the poor little kitty didn't want to play with her kids cause of how rough they are with them. Maybe if the mother would teach her children how to treat an animal better, than the poor thing wouldn't have had to land up in a shelter.

I'm sure this little kitty will be adopted soon, as there are some people who prefer an older kitten.

As far as I'm concerned, this woman shouldn't have ANY animals at all. To give it away cause it won't play with her kids. God that infuriates me to no end.:mad:

emily_the_spoiled
07-29-2003, 07:47 PM
I just hope and pray that the kitty gets adopted ... most people seem to be looking for little kittens. I hope there is someone out there that wants an older kitten :(