PDA

View Full Version : The french horn I'm hoping to get...

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-29-2003, 12:37 PM
Here's my story.

I need a french horn for band this year, and considering I don't have one, I thought it would be smart to get one. (I'm SO smart... :rolleyes: ) So a month before I need it, (they have summer band lessons for all band members starting August 20th I think) I decide to call around and find one for rent.

Ah, but since summer is nearly over, they have none left. At every store I call, they say they have none. I called one, and they said they could deliver one to school during the first week of school. Well that won't work will it?

My next option, eBay. I have successfully found one, and here it is.

French horn with hard case and silver mouth pieces. Full size 3 key Single horn. Detachable 12.25" Detachable bell. Brand New, NO any damage, No scratch. Many sold to schools bands and marching bands. Approved by Band directors. Good quality and sound. Shipping is $25 by UPS 5 days delievery in USA. Your satisfation guaranteed or your money back (less s/h). Call (xxx)xxx-xxxx for more informaiton or credit card payment. We accept credit card, personal check and Money order. Visa/Master card can also accept through Paypal.com.

http://ebay2.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_ed517526fd6d08f8124cde00853c93d1/i-1.JPG

My new baby! (Hopefully!)

Fuzzy317
07-29-2003, 05:28 PM
I played percussion in school, but I always had a wish to learn the french horn.

MaxandSpike'sMom
07-29-2003, 05:38 PM
I guess your hard work and perserverance paid off! I sure hope you win the bid of this French Horn. If your attitude toward playing is anything like the time you spent in finding one I'm sure you will be just great at it!:D

(Spoken like a true Mom, Sorry sometimes I can't help myself)

Uabassoon
07-29-2003, 06:02 PM
What's the price on it right now? It says it's a single horn, most people use a double horn. Meaning that most horns have three keys and a trigger in the back, but this only has three keys and no trigger. Will this be your first year in band and are you just starting the french horn? If you are beginer then it will be an ok horn, but you will have to upgrade it in another year or so.