PDA

View Full Version : Ouch! I hurt my finger Bad

puppygrrl4eva7
07-29-2003, 12:01 PM
Today I awoke to the noise of a jackhammer, my dad was taking out the concrete porch so he could replace it with cobblestone well I decided to go and help a lttle I took a chunk of concerte and tossed it in the back of the truck, but it rolled back down and smashed my finger!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: Well it was bleeding REALLY bad and it hurt soooo much (it still does) it was right at the tip of my finger and it made my nail like pop up kinda and It's so obious that my nail is going to fall off:( I'm soo scared it's truly terrible and a horrid sight, my dad thinks it's ok and it just needs to clotup and form a scab, but I know my nail will fall off because a little bit of skin attached to my nail was like disconnected from the rest of my finger skin so it's got no blood in it and it's like white (but it's just a small patch) sorry for going on and on about it but I'm scared, how long will it take for a fingernail to grow back (even though I haven't lost it yet) Pray for my finger:(

07-29-2003, 12:29 PM
Don't worry, your nail will grow back, and your finger will be okay!My brother lost one part of a finger while cleaning the grass-mower; it took a while, but even his nail grew back!!

puppygrrl4eva7
07-29-2003, 12:32 PM
Thank you I'm so scared, hey this is my 300th post yay me:D :D :D ;) :) :) :)

iceyshiver21
07-29-2003, 12:32 PM
I lost my nail once...it looks really nasty but it grew back really cool!

lovemyshiba
07-29-2003, 12:53 PM
I hope your finger feels better soon!!
If the nail does fall off, it shouldn't take that long to grow back, and it will most likely be a healthy nail when it does come back!

RockyRoad
07-29-2003, 01:31 PM
Yeow!:eek:
I've never lost a nail before, but I bet it will grow back OK. I hope your finger gets better! :)

BTW congrats on 300 :)

Airedalekisses
07-29-2003, 01:42 PM
Ouch! let the doggies kiss the boo boo! just don't mess about with the nail-it will come off if it's going to come off-notice I said if! just soak it in some nice cold water. Fingers always look a lot worse than they really are. I'm an artist and I had all ten nails fall off when I did something with acid. They grew back!! Good luck

Sevens
07-29-2003, 06:35 PM
Actually, my left thumbnail came off when I was 10 because a concrete birdbath fell on it.

Yes, it did look kinda gross when the nail came off. It did hurt while the nail was getting ready to come off, but it didn't hurt as the nail was actually coming off or afterwards. It does take a little while to grow back, like a month or so, but I'll say this, that nail that grew in afterwards is the strongest fingernail of all of them and it grows the fastest.

puppygrrl4eva7
07-29-2003, 11:25 PM
My Platelets finally started kicking in:rolleyes: It just wouldn't scab up, so I put some Gauze on it and it mostly stopped bleeding around 3:00, I took an advil and it worked wonders! I wish I would have taken it sooner! It's been completley pain free for several hours (unless I put pressure on it) I think It should be fine but I hope it heals soon, btw I don't think this should affect my shopping abilities on Sunday Johanna;)