PDA

View Full Version : Car Harnesses?

shais_mom
11-26-2001, 01:38 AM
I would like to get a travel harness for Keegan b/c she will quickly outgrow her small crate. But I don't know what size to get. I cannot afford to buy 2 of them.
they come in:
up to 16"
14-22"
21-25"
25-35"
32-45"
I was thinking about the 25-35" one for her.
She will grow into it.
Does anyone else use one??

Logan
11-26-2001, 07:10 AM
Staci,

I know nothing about car harnesses :o . I might be a "bad" mom for not knowing more. I know that Jackie uses them for her Perry and Daisy. Maybe she'll have some insight for you.

Honey and Lilly ride in the very back of my Jeep Grand Cherokee. They have a liner, and of course, an old quilt to make it more comfortable for them. I don't have to use any kind of barrier, as they never try to cross the seat. I would have to definitely use something to hold them in that space if they did. I can see me trying to ride down the road with two huge Golden Retrievers in my lap! Not the safest driving :eek: .

Hope you get it figured out. I know it is much safer for them to be either in a crate or strapped to the seat. Probably early training of Keegan, as to where her "place" is in the car is of utmost importance. :)

[ November 26, 2001: Message edited by: Logan ]

jackiesdaisy1935
11-26-2001, 10:00 AM
Hi Staci, we use the "Easy Rider" car harnesses when we go on small trips, they are padded in the chest, Daisy weighs about 15 pounds and she has an xsmall, Perry weighs about 28 pounds and he has a small.
We got them at Petsmart. If we go on extended trips we put them in their crate for safety.
The easy riders hook right into the seatbelt, and keeps them from jumping up on the window or up and down, however they can lay down or sit up whichever they prefer.
I never take them in the Explorer without the harnesses on. Good luck, hope you find what you need.
Jackie

ilovehounds
11-26-2001, 11:51 AM
I had a couple car harnesses but ended up taking them both back. I could never get one to really fit Hannah right and they always seemed to pull over to the right, pulling on her all the time we were driving.

So I got this other type of thing its like a seat belt. One end is the snap and the other end is a seat belt buckle. You snap the end on any ordinary HALTER (never a collar) and snap the other end into the seat buckle. Works like a charm I love it.

I have never seen them in a pet supply store, I got mine at Wallmart. $15-$18 Canadian.