PDA

View Full Version : Poor Thing

Cocker*Lover
07-29-2003, 08:11 AM
Ok, Yesterday I had the weirdest run. First I had the same dog trailing me again like it was a wolf and I'm its prey. It's really freaky because everytime you turn around, you sometimes don't see it, but you know he is behind you.

Second I ran into a snake. It was a black name, so I guess it was a King?!?!

Third I had this dog that was either a mix between a Golden and a Lab or a Flat-Coated Retriever come up to me and wanted me to pet him. Well I've seen his dog before when I ran, but I have no idea who the owners are.

Well this dog was covered with TICKS!!! I felt so sorry for him, so I just sat down with him and started pulling them off. I had to leave two ticks because one was on his eye, and the other on this lip(I guess in dog term you would call it muzzle). I left those because I don't know him, and since the one on the lip was so close to his mouth, and the one on the eye would be senstive, I didn't pull them for my safety.

At first he wanted to follow me home(well he has a collar on so he does own to someone) but I couldn't bring him home with me. My dogs were out, and any dog that my dogs aren't used to, they hate and will try to hurt it. (Once my mom and I were walking and we had a neighbor's Labrador follow us home, and well my dogs chased him all the way to the highway because they didn't like a dog that they weren't used to on their land).

Well after I came home, I showered and cleaned myself up because I don't know this dog, and I don't want to bring and diseases to my dogs.

Well I think did the best I could for the dog, I felt so sorry for him. Did I do the best I could for him?

pitc9
07-29-2003, 08:36 AM
If the dog had a collar on, did it also have tags?
If so, you should have gotten the phone number off of it, and called the people. But you sure did more that most people would have!! Good Job!!!!:)

lovemyshiba
07-29-2003, 10:05 AM
Thank you for trying to help out this poor baby.

I think you did more than most people would--I can understand you not wanting to bring the dog to your yard--I found 2 strays a couple of weeks ago, and rather than letting them in our yard, I sat out front with them on leashes until someone came to pick them up--why? Because I had no idea how they were, or if they had any diseases or anything that could be spread to my dogs. Both of them got home, and that was end of story.

Maybe if you see this dog again, you could check for tags and call the owner. If it has no tags, maybe you should call animal control or a vet to check it out.

denver83tet
07-29-2003, 10:15 AM
I think you did okay. It is wonderful what you did do for the dog. Although, he had a collar and supposed owners, I would have definitely figured out a way to call a vet or something for the other 2 ticks. But you did more than what most people would have done :)

Cocker*Lover
07-29-2003, 02:05 PM
Next time I see the dog, I'll look for tags.

ChloeLove
07-29-2003, 04:32 PM
I think what you did was good. It was a lot more than a lot of people would do. . . A lot would just ignore it. :(

CathyBogart
07-30-2003, 12:45 AM
You did good. :) I hope he comes back, or finds his people. Hopefully he'll be returned to a very worried family soon, and get all taken care of. I don't blame you for not wanting to expose your furkids to anything!