PDA

View Full Version : My grandmother makes me so MAD

allanimalswelcome
07-28-2003, 06:02 PM
She knows I HATE aquariums especially ones with marine mammals. I make it clear to all my family members just so that if they ever want to hang out I will not go to an aquarium.

But nooo my grandma wants to take me to the mystic aquarium! *shudders* I told my mom "No way!" but no I am being forced to join my grandmother in this trip with my cousins. Grr:mad:

Everytime we go somewhere my grandmother always has to make some remark like "Sure that meat isn't from a factory farm?" or "Don't get too close to that dog, it might be from a puppy mill"

I don't understand why she can't understand that I care about animals and I care about how they are treated. I'm not an activist, I just care about animals!

~Rachel

ChloeLove
07-28-2003, 07:14 PM
I went to the Mystic Aquarium over the weekend and it was okay, but it kind of bothered me in the fish section where the fish were in like a teeny tiny thing of water, and they weren't those kind of fish where they're SUPPOSED to be in such a small area. And also if you go on the marsh walk there, they had a small pool (like one of those kiddy pools, but taller) that had two seals in it! And they were rather big! And the pools were tiny, and they had a really big square floating thing in it, so the seals had literally NO room! :mad:

I Love Brian, Forever <3
07-28-2003, 07:51 PM
allanimalswelcome, that sucks. I'm sorry.

I hate having such annoying obligations, such as going places you don't want to and sometimes, with people you don't want to be with.

At one point in time, I *HAD* to talk to my mom's boyfriend's father. I did it, because I felt bad for his father, because his wife was dying and in the hospital with cancer, then eventually a hospice for a month, before she went to heaven.

But then, about a year later, he was still talking to me. (He lives in Hampton, Sara luvs her Tinky.) I really didn't like him, I was just being nice. Well about 8 months ago, I'm like SCREW IT, I hate talking to him and I'm not going to anymore. So, I pretty much TOLD my mom that I was no longer going to talk to him.

I really HATE those kind of obligations. I'm sorry you have to go to the Mystic Aquarium.

I'll shut up now, lol.... sorry.

cocker_luva
07-28-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by allanimalswelcome
"Don't get too close to that dog, it might be from a puppy mill"

just because it is from a puppy mill, it doesn't mean it is bad/diseased/any less an animal. that mad me mad to hear that. :mad:

binka_nugget
07-29-2003, 03:56 AM
Aw...my grandmother gets on my nerves sometimes too. She complains about so much...she talks really loudly on the phone...she tells kai "BAD BOY!" for...being a dog and barking. I just keep telling myself to just savour moments...whichever moments I can get because she isn't going to be here for much longer.

IttyBittyKitty
07-29-2003, 07:24 AM
...at times like these!

I really hate insensitive people!

bluekat
07-29-2003, 09:11 AM
omg, I know exactly how you feel. Some of my relatives gets on my nerves sometimes too. I don't want to talk too much about it, because I'll say some really mean things. But sometimes I just hate them, and they're always being SO nice. TOO nice, and some people might be wondering why that's bad, but its just so annoying to me. Whenever I'm reading a book, she goes "what are you reading?" whenever I'm on the Internet "what are you looking at?" whenever I'm printing something "what are you printing?" whenever I'm watching tv "what are you watching?"
Stuff like that can be really annoying. Once I was drawing something in my diary, she asks me "could I see that?" Its private! Do any of you guys have these people actually live with you? Well, my aunt is living with us for a couple of months, I have no idea how long, they just say they don't know whenever I ask:rolleyes:
ok, one more thing. I don't think Blueberry likes her. I actually didn't expect him to, a complete stranger coming to live with us. and he has no idea how long either. She always tries to pet him, and he bites her, and he gets yelled at. I mean, what else is he supposed to do?:mad:
ok, I better stop now;)