PDA

View Full Version : just wondering

CamCamPup33
07-28-2003, 01:18 PM
i know this is a very ackward question and that it doesnt matter but i was just curious to know because princess does it and thats fine.. lol but do any of your dogs hump other dogs? I have heard that dogs will do it no matter what gender age or whatever.. so is this true?

apcrs5122
07-28-2003, 01:20 PM
lol....ummmm.....I don't know:p Alex did it to my aunt's greyhound Lee, and he's a male dog too:rolleyes: Lee just stood there and looked at us like "help me". It was really weird. But I'm not really sure about it:p

Dobiegirl24
07-28-2003, 01:24 PM
pep did before we got him neutered, but he's stopped now that he is neutered

if you dog is altered and still humping that may be a sign of dominence

CamCamPup33
07-28-2003, 01:26 PM
well cami hasnt.. yet.... but i was just curious to know ;)

aly
07-28-2003, 01:28 PM
Most of the time humping, or "mounting", is done to establish dominance and is not a sexual thing at all. It is perfectly normal, don't worry! :)

Who is Princess by the way?

CamCamPup33
07-28-2003, 01:31 PM
princess is my cousins dog.. They just met yesterday.. :) hehe i got piccys! :D :p

apcrs5122
07-28-2003, 01:36 PM
Well if you go piccys, share them piccys!!!:D

CamCamPup33
07-28-2003, 01:37 PM
lol i would but it takes to long to upload.. i have uploaded two pictures but i cant get them into an album damn image station :mad: :)

binka_nugget
07-28-2003, 02:10 PM
Sandy, the collie, tried mounting Kai the first time they met. Kai wouldn't let him. Sandy did some other things to try to establish that he's alpha...but Kai never gave in...I guess Kai's not as submissive as I thought.

wolfsoul
07-28-2003, 02:41 PM
It's true, it's just a dominance thing. :) Leather did it when she wasn't spayed, and so did my old dog, Stitch. But some dogs will never stop doing it, even when they are spayed. There has to be discipline in that area.

lovemyshiba
07-28-2003, 04:07 PM
Kito does it still:rolleyes:
He has such a determined look on his face too, when he does it, it always cracks me up.

Riley has just started to, and he looks clueless when he does it--he makes me laugh too!!

Abbey used to do it to me when she first came to live with us--that did not make me laugh (well, maybe a little). I was then told that it was a form of dominance, and not her true feelings, but she has since stopped.

I think it's fairly normal.

cfuh
07-28-2003, 05:10 PM
My Sammie humps Maggie and they are both females. I was so shocked one day to see that :eek: :eek: :eek: ...I asked around and it's a dominant thing. :D

Airedalekisses
07-28-2003, 06:07 PM
Dizzy used to have "affairs" with the couch cushions-it's just a dominance thing-go watch the monkeys in the zoo-they do all sorts of mounting and "naughty " things. Nothing to worry about unless aggression starts. A friend's dog once mounted my leg and the friend told his dog to beat it! Ahem, I said he already is doing that! Tsk tsk!!;)

Tonya
07-28-2003, 06:26 PM
Yes, my dogs all try to hump eachother. I was told that it isn't anything sexual...they are trying to establish Alpha status.

kingrattus
07-28-2003, 09:00 PM
Max doesn't do that unless the other dog starts it, then its a humping contest.

Sadie (the evil dog here) will hump cadeau when cadeau is sleeping on the couch. Its sick cause Sadie makes a sick humping noise

Fox-Gal
07-29-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by cfuh
My Sammie humps Maggie and they are both females. I was so shocked one day to see that :eek: :eek: :eek: ...I asked around and it's a dominant thing. :D

My females does it too....Husband says their gay......MEN. LOL

My BJ does it all the time...male or female she doesn't care. I even caught her trying with one of the cats. :eek: :eek: I stoped that right away.

puppygrrl4eva7
07-29-2003, 12:41 AM
I even caught her trying with one of the cats.

OMG lol.
Anyways YES! Ringo always Humps toys and sometimes my brothers foot (but only because he doesn't even try to stop Ringo, he just sits and watches like he's so amazed that a dog is humping his foot:rolleyes: ) last night I took Ringo to my grandparents's house and I was holding this toy that Ringo was Chewing on, well I started talking to my G-ma, a little bit later my G-pa and my friend started laughing I was like what?then my G-ma also was laughing, I look down and Ringo was humping the toy I was holding:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: but my other friend thinks its cute when Ringo humps, I'm like Chels you're a perv:rolleyes:

kingrattus
07-29-2003, 10:15 AM
I just remembered a super funny humping story when Max was under 1yr.

My sister was 8 & shes not very bright, shes very slow & weak (except when beating mewith a shovel). Well Max was trying to hump me & a soft kick to his tummy got him to stay off. Sam,e thing with my dad & mom, were were the boss not him. Well everytime my sister walked behind the couch to go upstairs to her room, Max would get up & run to her & drop her to the floor & hump the hell out of her!!! We tried to get him to stop that but we knew it wouldn't work until she started to fight back. But she wouldn't fight back, all she did was cry for dad. So that went on for Max's first yr.
I still tease her for it & shes 18 now.