PDA

View Full Version : Bob Hope....

Rottieluver45
07-28-2003, 10:18 AM
Passed away yesterday night. :( He was 100 years old. He was so fun I really liked him. Here`s a link to his story.

Bob Hope (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/entertainment/6402184.htm)

GoldenRetrLuver
07-28-2003, 10:52 AM
Oh No! I liked him too...:( .

Its strange because yesterday my parents and I were driving by his house talking about how great he was....

momoffuzzyfaces
07-28-2003, 11:19 AM
He was my very favorite entertainer too. I loved what he did for the troops. He gave a few minutes of laughter and joy to lots of young people far away who never saw their homes again. He never had to resort to foul language or raunchy jokes to get a laugh. They don't make them like him anymore.

I bet heaven is having the greatest party right now. Bob, Thanks for the Memories!!!

RICHARD
07-28-2003, 11:38 AM
the world without Bob Hope.:(

the statistic that made me think was his knowing
Calvin Coolidge........11 presidents in all!

wow!!!

hey kids!

no matter HOW famous some of today's stars are
they will never, ever be as well known or have a
career like his...so pay attention to the treasures we have from yesterday......tomorrow's a different day.

ramanth
07-28-2003, 02:44 PM
RIP Bob. :(

lovemyshiba
07-28-2003, 04:29 PM
I saw that on the news this morning.

I know he had an incredible life though, just look at all he did, especially for the troops--he sure was an inspiration!!

Rest In Peace, Bob, and thanks for the memories!

Rottieluver45
07-28-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

hey kids!

no matter HOW famous some of today's stars are
they will never, ever be as well known or have a
career like his...so pay attention to the treasures we have from yesterday......tomorrow's a different day.

Well said!

KYS
07-28-2003, 06:36 PM
Bob Hope was/is such a treasure.
He gave so much, when it came to
supporting our troops.
He will be sorely missed, not only as an entertainer
but as a wonderful person.

tatsxxx11
07-28-2003, 06:40 PM
A true American institution and a national treasure. How sad to think he is gone:( But what a legacy he has left behind. And what pleasure he gave to our troops during their difficult days. And if any of the younger ones haven't yet had the pleasure, go check out some of his "Road Trip" movies with Bing Crosby and the likes of Dorothy Lamour and Carmen Miranda...:D:D:D Thanks for the memories, Mr. Hope!:)

dukedogsmom
07-28-2003, 07:04 PM
It's sad to see all of the icons from my parent's day dying. He was a great man and I really respect him for all that he did for the troops. May he rest in peace now.

mugsy
07-28-2003, 07:15 PM
He was one of the greatest! He helped keep thousands of our military personel sane through some horrible times and I'm sure they are eternally greatful. May you continue to entertain Bob....I'm sure heaven will be laughing a little harder now.

todd
07-28-2003, 08:25 PM
Bob thanks for the memories

wolfsoul
07-28-2003, 08:28 PM
I never had the priveledge to see any of his movies. :( But I probably will one day. I'm in love with musicals. :)

Sudilar
07-28-2003, 08:28 PM
He truly was a wonderful human being. What a spirit! He is a legend.