PDA

View Full Version : Well, Julian finally got his point across to my dad by chewing the matress and carpet

Aspen and Misty
07-28-2003, 09:34 AM
Well, my dad now sees how destructive Julian is and can be. :( So sadly, We know what we have to do.

Get him a friend. I finally talked my dad into to it! Only took me a couple of months, Hee hee! We went to the pet store around here and fell in love with a bunny there but I had a better idea! 2 weeks ago We went to a pet store called Wiscoy Pet Food Co. in State College and as we walked in I couldn't help but notice the adorable Black Netherland Dwarf Bunny, Boo, who they were featuring that week from a local rabbit rescue!! I talked to my dad and he said it is my bunny and I can "buy" (I prefer to say adopt) it from where ever I want and that he would be willing to drive to State college to meet Boo again, talk with the owner of the rabbit rescue and see the other bunnies she has.

So I called the pet store yesterday and talked to a very helpful man who gave me the rabbit rescuers name and number. Her name is Laura and omg is she nice!! She was sooooo exited last night that I was interested in adopting Boo from her! Boo has to be spayed and she has to have a check up before we can meet her and bring her home. She is going to try to schedule the spaying for this week so we can meet boo this weekend! If not it will be 2 weeks before I meet her, but I don't mine waiting! I'll be bringing my camra so you guys can see her and how lovly she is! But, we can't bring her home this weekend, we'll have to wait one or two more weekends, which stinks! But my dad wants me to be sure boo is the right bunny for me and I have an obligation (summer math studies) to completle before I bring another animal into the home (which is understandabe) The rescuer said Boo does not like to be picked up, but most bunnies don't, so thats ok. She also said that Boo has a very very sad story of how she came to the rabit rescue. What happened was she was at another "rescue" shelter. Someone had Dumped her off on the door step and left her there :( the rescue was going to feed Boo to one of there snacks since Boo is only 2 pounds. Luckily Laura found out about it and quickly got Boo and saved her! I am so exited and thankful that she did rescue Boo so now we might have a chance of giving her a new forever home.

Ash

Rottieluver45
07-28-2003, 09:40 AM
I hope boo`s the right one for you! I can`t wait to see pics! I`m so excited for you!:D

luckies4me
07-28-2003, 10:21 AM
LOL you sure got me there! I thought you were going to say that you had to give Julian away, and then another bunny! LOL That is great! I wish my parents were that way. :D

Can't wait to see pics of your new bunny, whether it be Boo or another. Good luck in your decision and give your dad a pat on the back for me!

Aspen and Misty
07-28-2003, 12:50 PM
:D I am so exited to meet Boo again! She was so stunning the last time I saw her and I can't wait for you all to see her pics! She is absolutly gergouse! (SP)

Ash

Daisylover
07-28-2003, 01:19 PM
Good for you!!!! Rescuing an animal from a shelter or sanctuary is ALWAYS the way to go. Good Job Ash!!!!

As you know they are going to have to work out who is going to be the boss bunny and who is going to be the submissive one.
Be sure to go to the HRS website to read up on bonding tips......maybe you will be on of the lucky ones and Julian and Boo will fall in love at first sight...but most of the time it is a process taking anywhere from a few days to a week/week and a half..... In one of my cases it took 12 weeks before Daisy and Emma stopped trying to kill each other (both were alpha buns and wanted to be the boss). Take the bonding process slowly so that neither one gets hurt accidently....and write if oyu have any quesitons.

Good Luck and Congratulations again on giving a bunny a second chance!!! Boo sounds adorable!!! :D

Aspen and Misty
07-28-2003, 01:36 PM
Ahh DaisyLover so it was you who sent me the bonding information via email when we were considering getting Thelmer! I still have that info and re-read it yesterday! I'm hopeing Boo and Julian fall in love right away! If they don't we'll defintly take it slowly.

I do have a question though, I was planning on giving Boo some time to settle into her new cage before letting her out to roam the bed room and to explore her new room. How long do you think I should wait? it will be a hour and a half to 2 hour drive to bring her home. I was thinking maybe over night and then in the morning getting up and allowing her to raom, we probly wont have her back home and in her cage till around 8 or so that night.

Thanx for all the help!

Ash

wolfsoul
07-28-2003, 02:58 PM
yay! Congrats! Can't wait to see pics! :D

Boo is what I want to name my rat (my mom said that I *may* be able to get a friend for Icarus if I get straight A's this year). I hope you don't think I'm copying you! :o By then I'll probably have a new name anyways lol.

Aspen and Misty
07-28-2003, 03:09 PM
Not at all! I think its stupid when people think that! I don't particurlaly think Boo is the prettiest name, but I think it's adorable! And do plan to keep it!

Ash

Aspen and Misty
07-28-2003, 08:15 PM
Boo.....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/pdabfdf186e1ccd839c46f4f251f891b9/fb8bf7ed.jpg

The lady emailed me this pic. Aint she adorable!!!!!! She is scheduled to be spayed on Thrusday!! She will email me then to tell me how everything went!

Ash :D :D :D :D

wolfsoul
07-28-2003, 08:25 PM
AWW! How cute! :D

Aspen and Misty
07-29-2003, 04:41 AM
Thanx! I can't wait to meet Her!!!!

Ash :D

Rottieluver45
07-29-2003, 10:42 AM
OMG! She is so cute! I want her!

Tina
07-29-2003, 10:53 AM
Boo is so adorable!! I hope that you get her!

BTW- My mother-in-law and father-in-law have a pup named "Boo" and when I was living at home my mom and dad use to have a chow named "Boo"

Aspen and Misty
07-29-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Tina

BTW- My mother-in-law and father-in-law have a pup named "Boo" and when I was living at home my mom and dad use to have a chow named "Boo"

The must really like the name Boo, LOL. :D

Thanx guys. I'm so in love LOL.

Ash

wolfsoul
07-29-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Tina

I knew a gorgous blue merle border collie pup named Boo :) But she got in an accident :( She's at the Rainbow Bridge now, with her brother, Tippy. :(