PDA

View Full Version : Pet Odor

iceyshiver21
07-27-2003, 10:04 PM
What do you guys....err. sorry girls recommend for removing doggie smells out of carpets??

I Love Brian, Forever <3
07-27-2003, 10:14 PM
Definitely OdoBan. It can be found at Sam's Club. That stuff works great.

lovemyshiba
07-28-2003, 07:30 AM
Do you mean after an accident, or in general??

After an accident, I clean the spot with Woolite pet stain remover, and then spray with Arm and Hammer foam (for pets, of course). If the spot is real bad, I also use Nature's Miracle.
I just bought a Bissel spot remover--a handheld little steam cleaner to extract spots from the carpet--but I haven't had to use it yet.

I also use Arm and Hammer powder that I put down before I vaccuum--works very well.

ChloeLove
07-28-2003, 07:43 AM
Chloe has accidents a WHOLE lot, so it took us a while to find a good cleaner, but finally we found Woolite Oxy Deep. I swear by that stuff! It's awesome. And it takes care of odors in general, too. Oh, and so does Febreeze! Not for stains so much, but for odors. I LOVE that stuff! It's a miracle! ;)

micki76
07-28-2003, 09:37 AM
For urine, feces or vomit? Simple Solution or Nature's Miracle. They seem to be the only thing that actually removes the odors instead of masking them. For D. O.? Febreeze. :)

Airedalekisses
07-28-2003, 06:27 PM
D.O. indeed-perish the thought- it's their house-if visitors say your house smells like dog-big deal they don't live there. Besides doggy smell in a house means the house is full of love. If it's a boo boo then Nature's Miracle works wonders!! and Plug ins help too.

wolfsoul
07-28-2003, 07:52 PM
Shout and baking soda. :)

lovemyshiba
07-28-2003, 07:58 PM
I have actually been complimented by several people on how nice my house smells--just last week a coworker of mine was over, and she has no pets, and she couldn't believe that there was no dog smell!!!
I have plug ins and candles all over, and I spray febreze on the furniture, carpets, curtains, and lampshades a few times a week.

I also have a husband who is obsessive about a clean house, so that helps too:rolleyes:

wolfsoul
07-28-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba

I have plug ins and candles all over, and I spray febreze on the furniture, carpets, curtains, and lampshades a few times a week.

I've been told that febreeze is no good :confused: My aunt used it on her carpets and curtains, and the next day there was a slimy film everywhere. She had her carpets cleaned, everything, and nothing got it out. So she had to get new carpets and curtains. :eek:

It works fine for you? I was considering getting it until she told me that....I'd really like something to help with my stinky room :p Perfumes only mix with its yucky smell and make it worse lol.

lovemyshiba
07-28-2003, 08:32 PM
I have never had a problem with it.
You could always get some, and try it in a small spot (like on the floor in your closet or something), and see what happens.