PDA

View Full Version : Compliments (In honor of Jessica)

puppygrrl4eva7
07-27-2003, 12:10 AM
Ok it's Sunday so here is the Compliment thread to honor Jessica.
We can do it a few different ways
1)I can compliment someone then that person can compliment someone else like a chain, so everyone can get a compliment.
2) We can all just compliment people

But I'll start it, I am very glad that Karen and Paul created such a wonderful site, So I want to thank you both, because now us PTers can enjoy this site and we can all chat about our fur and feather babies

GoldenRetrLuver
07-27-2003, 12:16 AM
I think Amber (CamCamPup33) is one of the most nicest, caring people on pet talk. She is never selfish and comforts people when there feeling blue. Thanks for being a great friend Amber. :)

wolfsoul
07-27-2003, 01:52 AM
I think that Ashley (binka_nugget) is one of the nicest people here. She's always very fun to talk to on AIM, and she is as gross-minded as me! :p lol. So she's alot of fun. :D

binka_nugget
07-27-2003, 02:23 AM
GROSS MINDED!??! EXCUSE ME!?!?!? LOL hahaha..okay well this is hard because I love everyone here like my own family.

I've gotten to know some people better than others..so I guess I'll mention those few.

Wolfsoul: She's always thinking of sick/evil things to amuse me with. And also..for that endless supply of information on ratties and doggies.

Goldenretrluver: Julie's always cheerful and knows how to brighten a person's day.

Camcampup33: An all round fun person to talk to. I can never go bored when I'm talking with amber.

Kfamr: For speaking her mind...I wish I could do that all the time.

Primabella: For always amusing me with mickey stories and pictures of that cute little sheltie butt.

Tikeyas_mom: For that endless supply of rattie info and for those amusing early morning/late night convos.

I'd be here all night typing something nice about everyone I like...I love you all :D

wolfsoul
07-27-2003, 02:37 AM
Sick and evil things?! I have no idea what you are talking about! ;) :p You cheater! naming a bunch of people...

now I have to do that lol. :rolleyes:

Tikeyas_mom - for being such a good friend to me. For the fun sleepovers and laughing so very hard at the stupidest things we can find on the internet. For being fun and understanding. :)

Goldenretrluver - always talking to me on AIM. She's always very nice to me and fun to talk to. :)

CamCampup33 - Amber is always very nice and fun. :) She has alot of spunk, and there is never a dull moment when talking to her on AIM. :D

RICHARD - Always being the life of the party! He has such a wonderful sense of humor, and I find myself asking myself how I couldn't have been so clever as to have said what he just did. :rolleyes:

Ilovemyabbeygirl - Always very nice and fun to talk to on AIM. She replies to threads that haven't had alot of recognition, and that's cool of her. ;)

CathyBogart
07-27-2003, 02:39 AM
Luckies4me always has something nice to say about my ratties or some tidbit of info to offer that I didn't already know.

PCB is a really good moderator. She's better at smoothing ruffled feathers than anyone else here!

NoahsMommy
07-27-2003, 03:16 AM
Since I'm the sappy one...if I listed everyone I wanted to write about, this thread would be a hundred pages long. ;)

So, I'll just say this:

I enjoy each and every person here on Pet Talk. Even if we don't agree on something, we all have our love for animals in common and that's enough for me. :)

Love you all!

Love,
Kelly :D

popcornbird
07-27-2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by WolfChan

PCB is a really good moderator. She's better at smoothing ruffled feathers than anyone else here!

:o :o :o Thanks WolfChan. :o

There are SO many people that are very very kind and loving here, and I have so many friends here, but at this time, with my mind on Jessica, its really hard to think of anything but her. :( She was always my favorite PT'er and always so sweet, cheerful, innocent, happy, and always had something kind to say. Rest in peace Jessica. :( We miss you terribly. :(

At this point, Noahsmommy and Wolflady come to mind, by always being so kind and loving, and for always being there for support and care. Two very soft hearted young ladies. Thank you both, and all my friends here, who I'm sorry to not name at this time, for always being there for me.

I have so very many friends here and can't name them all. With my mind on Jessica, I know I'm going to miss so many that mean so much to me, if I even start making a list, so until my mind heals, which won't be for a long time, I'd rather not make a list of compliments. :( In Jessica's memory, and for her always being so kind and generous, I just want to say that you all mean so much to me and that this is such a wonderful forum. I don't think there is any other board like it. :( Although we have differences and get in arguments sometimes, the support by the people here is overwhelming. I just want to thank you all for always being so kind and considerate.

ChrisH
07-27-2003, 06:14 AM
I could not even begin pick out one, two, three or even ten people to write about from among all our Pet Talkers!
Pet Talk is so diverse, with different ages, personalties and views all brought together by our love for our pets. And once here, that love encompasses all the other people and pets too. I believe we have a truly unique community.

Agree with you or disagree with you, I love you all. And I thank each of you for all the help and concern you have given and shown, for the laughter and fun, for letting me see some wonderful pictures of some beautiful creatures and....well, just thanks for being you!

Love
Chris

Kfamr
07-27-2003, 06:51 AM
We've had a compliment thread before.... but, We can always use another. :)

I will be visiting back every now and then as I have alot of people here who mean bunches to me.

I will start off with my favorite.

Amy, Wolf_q - I'm so glad we had finally met. It was so awkward how we did meet. All of the sudden, dad and I walk out of the room to get things from the truck and bamm. There's you, Melissa and Nebo standing in the hall. We both froze. I crack up everytime i think of it. :p

I had lots of fun with you in the parking lot, even when Nala decided the black top was the best place to do her horse impression. :o I know, I know, I didn't talk much at all. I still loved spending time with you, Melissa, and Nebo.

Again, I am really glad I got to meet you in person. You're such a wonderful young lady and you have lots of talent. The cover you did for the "Guestbook" at the BarkPark was amazing, even though you had short supplies.

One day I hope to come visit you in Utah as well as you visit me in Florida.... One Day... one day.......;)

Oh yes... and a ShoutOut to Teh late nii!!ght PeTtalker AIM chat Krew cuz we R da KeWli333eeezz!!!!!!!!111

07-27-2003, 07:31 AM
It is sooo hard to pick out a few names...! There is hardly NOWEONE on PT that I do NOT like!! We are one large family, always ready to comfort each other! I know what I am talking about; last 2 months, I went through an extremely hard period with my operation and getting better. It is almost impossible to explain the impact of all the good wishes I got here from ALL of you. It made a real huge difference in lmy recovery!!
So, EVERYBODY is the best :) :) :) :) :)

puppygrrl4eva7
07-27-2003, 08:45 AM
Bump

Kfamr
07-27-2003, 08:47 AM
puppygrrl4eva7~

Really, when I met you at the Pet Talk meeting, I thought you would be so much different. I guess I thought you to be just another little kid, since you are sort of younger ( not TOO younger ) You're a very sweet girl. :)

Corinna
07-27-2003, 08:58 AM
While I don't post much any more I do still read you all every day. I would be lost with out you. I "m very thankful for Karen and Paul for starting this home for us all. Also K9 Karen for being so kind when I first started posting.(after several months of just reading) I too will miss Jessica and her cheery posts.

puppygrrl4eva7
07-27-2003, 09:00 AM
Thank you Kfamr for the compliment, You seemed nice too I was just kind of shy because I though you would think I was just an annoying little girl, I am always so self concious.

mugsy
07-27-2003, 09:39 AM
I'm with everyone else, there are just too many to compliment them all. Great idea for the compliment thread, it's nice to read all positive. Here are just a couple of the many I could choose.

Cataholic: What a great friend you are and a great person for saving Binxy boy and doing everything you can to get him right and healthy and for taking a feral cat and turning him into a pet. I know I can always count on you for the truth too.

RICHARD: An incredible wit that I wish I could match. Thank you for caring so much about my mom and her back. You always know how to make me come back to reality when I stray. OH, and of course our Thursday drink specials.

Cincy's Mom: A great friend who puts up with me calling everything I want to save an animal and for driving almost 5 hours to save Spotty Boy when I was desperate.

Sudilar: A great mom to Killi and Shiloh. She always is there when Killi needs her and she will move heaven and earth to make sure he is well and on top of all that, she helps with the rescue of homeless dogs.

Kfamr: Such a mature young lady who has grown so much over the last year who has wisdom beyond her years.

ramanth: You love Kia so much and put all on hold when she was sick. You've helped out with transports that I was desperately trying to help fill. You and Andy have become good friends. You tolerated our big bunch and our dirty house when you came to visit! lol

ChrisH: You're such a caring individual and always know when I need a pick me up and send me a private message (although I don't think I've ever told you that :) )

anna66: You helped me save Rose and allowed her to destroy your house before we found her a place at our shelter, for that I will be eternally greatful. You are a great mom to your furkids and others, like the time you picked up the last leg of a transport and then lived through my rotten directions and Mike and I had to meet you and Mark under an underpass!

Oh geez, I'll be here forever, I'll stop now, but please know that I could compliment so many.

Rachel
07-27-2003, 09:43 AM
I would like to compliment PCB on her sensitive, loving tributes to Jessica. Reading PCP's posts (as well as those of others) has helped me in dealing with my own grief over this tragic loss. You took the time to share your feelings and rememberances. The process probably was difficult for you, but I do believe it was a big help. Thank you.

Phred, I think you already know how much I enjoy your *channeling* for Cinder, Smokey, and Boots, always did, always will. Please, please don't ever stop letting them have their turn at the computer. The fun and laughs you have provided are truly priceless.

CamCamPup33
07-27-2003, 11:06 AM
Okay here is my list.. :D

1. Julie aka JUl JUl sorry had to do that :p (goldenRetrLuver) she is always there to comfort me, to laugh or cry with me, and she is just a really great friend.. i appreciate her more than anything and now we wait until we finally meet.. To be closer than ever..

2.Nuggey buggey (binkanugget)- For helping me with my website and for always putting up with me.. :D Shes just really fun to talk to..

3. Liana (Primabella) even though we only talk through pm's we are almost always talking. she is really fun to talk to and she is one of the nicest people on pettalk..

4.Tikeyas_mom for being there when i needed to talk and just being a friend...

5.Kayann (Kfamr) for being a great friend and for living in florida so i can meet you.. Eventually..

6. Jordan (wolfsoul) for being someone who i can talk to or just being fun to talk to.

Thats pretty much all i can name now.. im going to meet cami's cousin.. You all on pettalk are wonderful especially karen and paul! :)

puppygrrl4eva7
07-27-2003, 11:21 AM
I want to make another compliment to Mugsy, for having 20 rescue pooches I don't think I'd ever have the patience to own 20 dogs;) :D

GoldenRetrLuver
07-27-2003, 11:21 AM
Jul Jul eh? ;)

Ashley (binka nugget) : for always being there and making me laugh. :)

Jordan (wolfsoul): for our AIM chats. :p Thanks for being a good friend. :)

Sarah (LabLoverKEB) : for sharing stories of our pets, for our fun chats, and of course for introducing me to Pet Talk! :D

cloverfdx
07-27-2003, 11:31 AM
ummmm this is a great idea but as i dont realy know anyone i cannot add much to the thread.
but a few people come to mind :)

KayAnn, i admire the way you are so open about your love for simba and also for nala , you realy do have a way with words :D

and also cataholic for saving poor Binxy boy and loving him with all your heart, i alsways look out for binx's updates, and pray that he will oneday be a fully healthy young man :)

mugsy for all your hardwork and to all the people that help out with rescue missions i am soooo proud of you all

wolfsoul,camcam, goldenretrluver, and everyone else i can see the unconditional love you shower upon your furry,feathed,finned friends everyday through your post's and enjoy coming and just browsing or helping somone out with a problem.

RockyRoad
07-27-2003, 11:46 AM
Tikeyas_Mom~ For always being a fun person to talk to and for always being a good friend.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl~ For helping keep sanity in Mike's chat rooms, lol. ;)

Shellonabeach~ For helping me so much with my gerbils. :D

Yeah there's tons more, but I can't post them all so just know that each and every Pet Talker means something to me. :)

Karen
07-27-2003, 11:55 AM
I can't believe I get to be the first to compliment Sandra, (Tatsxxx11) who as well as having more than 9,000 posts, always has something nice to say about each and every Pet, Dog and Cat featured, and is always kind in her other posts toward humans as well.

Thank you to all the anonymous lurkers, may you someday get brave and join us!

Thanks you to all the members of Pet Talk, those I have met in person and those I have never met, for making Pet Talk the very special community it is.

And thanks to Paul most of all. Without his hard work, talent, and nearly infinite patience, this place couldn't exist at all! You all may not see him post as much as me, but I'm also more of a blabbermouth in person! He does a lot of work to keep Pet of the Day, Dog of the Day and Cat of the Day running, as well as Pet Talk! Thanks!

shais_mom
07-27-2003, 12:52 PM
ZippyKat~~ M0M to K'Cee and Pipeboy!
Thank you sooooo sooooo soooo much for being one of my very best friends, my heart, my soul mate! I love you for it.
Anna_66~~ for being simply one of the sweetest people, I have ever met!!!!
The late night AIM chat crew Thanks for the tears and the laughter and the VENTING!!!!
The dog Park crew~ thanks for Coming no matter how far you have to drive. To let the pups play and play and play
PetTalk in general. Thank you for being such a wonderful place to talk about my babies.
Molly/Mike, your HUGE HUGE hearts to rescue and save so many that need it, now if we could just get Molly to like Cats! ;)
Karen and Paul for thinking of this special special place!!!

I apologize for anyone I didn't think of.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-27-2003, 01:09 PM
ILoveMyAbbyGirl~ For helping keep sanity in Mike's chat rooms, lol.

Ahhhh that made me laugh REALLY hard... lmao good one.

Ilovemyabbeygirl - Always very nice and fun to talk to on AIM. She replies to threads that haven't had alot of recognition, and that's cool of her.

Thanks guys.. Well here I go...

Britt- Just for being there, you're so fun to be around BUT you're Mike's FAVE!!! :mad: LOL j/k

Jordan- Your great posts and fun AIM chats. You're a really fun person and really funny!

KayAnn, i admire the way you are so open about your love for simba and also for nala , you realy do have a way with words

Hehe.. couldn't say it better, but KayAnn, I know we've had some rough spots (my fault) and I'm sorry about those, but you're a really great person.

Binka_nugget- for being a fun person and doing the cropping on our cutest couple picture! Nice job lol

I want to make another compliment to Mugsy, for having 20 rescue pooches I don't think I'd ever have the patience to own 20 dogs

Hehe another good one, wtg mugsy!

Phred- SO FUNNY! I love it when Cinder and Smoke get to be on the computer!

Karen and Paul- For making this site! Karen always smooths agruements, and is the Boss Lady :) Karen gives great advice as does Paul, whom we don't see much! Both of you, we can't thank you enough!

CamCamz - Great person, and I love seeing pics of Cami!! You're fun and I love reading your posts!

Better stop now... :D

gini
07-27-2003, 01:19 PM
The thought that came to my mind is that everyone on this board should be complimented.

When I read the post by Jessica's Mother I was shocked. Then when I continued with that thread and saw the second post by her Mother, I literally could not breathe for a moment.

How brave indeed for Mary to come to this forum, her daughter's favorite, and share her grief.

Whether the "right" words came to mind or not, look at how everyone has responded to this tragedy. We have lost one of our own and it breaks our hearts.

We came from all over the world as one - to offer our sympathy and prayers to Jessica's family.

Compliments go to each and every one of you.......for being the caring, loving people Pet Talk has become.

Foam
07-27-2003, 01:20 PM
I couldn't even begin to pick out somebody! Buutt....

Julie (GoldenRetrLuver)- Thanks for being a crying shoulder in this horrible time. I really enjoy talking with you :D

CamI's Mama ;)- Fuuuuun to be with! Lookie all the compliments you have already! :)

Kayann (Kfmar)-I ilke reading your posts, and looking at your beautiful babies. :)

PCB-I admire how strong you are. We all know what great friends you were with Jess, and you're pulling yourself through it. -hugs-

And EVERYBODY else on Pet Talk! I LOVE you all SO much! You guys are close to me as family. I couldn't even begin to explain how much I care about you guys, and how close you are to my heart. I lvoe you all soooo much. So does Darlin. ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
07-27-2003, 01:45 PM
I love you all! Because of my arthritis before I found PT, I spent most of my days in bed, just doing what I needed to do to keep going. Now, besides my cats, I have you and all your adventures and furry, feathery and finny babies to brighten my days and ease the pain. I've laughed with you, cried with you, and am totally nuts about you all. I bet when computers were invented it was never dreamed that people from all over the world could come to care so much for each other. I thank God for you all and ask him to bless you daily.

slleipnir
07-27-2003, 01:48 PM
Tats/Sandra: I'll say it again hehe, your such a kind person and always take the time to say something nice to everyone

koneko kokoro: I just met you, but you seem like a really nice person. We share a lot of interests lol.

PCB: Always making neat sigs for everyone, always trying to help ppl out :)

Camcam/Amber: You always have such nice things to say!

Catnip: For being..er..interesting. hehe :p

I don't really talk to a lot/really anyone so I'm just going by what I read :)

kohala
07-27-2003, 01:56 PM
So many people have made my life more bearable and joyous in this community! This is what the internet was made for!!!!!!! Thank you so much, Karen and Paul!

I think fondly of groups I've had fun with when I was online (which isn't as often as I'd like, sadly - so I often miss posting to delightful Cats, Dogs and Pets of the day :( )

I remember the eclectic group where I got to know the delightful Mugsy and her family of 22 (people count, right ;)?) from whence came the wonderful Doghouse!

I always have enjoyed you, Frostfrog - thank you so much for photgraphing my beloved Grasshopper with such sensitivity!

And the Christmas Card exchange last year - what a great Christmas I had with my *HUGE* card collection, from all over the world!

The fun adventures of the various PT Meetings - and wouldn't you know I had to miss the one here in CA!!!
:( :(

My compliments to all of you for being who you are, citizens of this wonderful PetTalkLand we share our love of animals in.
:cool:

Koneko_kokoro
07-27-2003, 02:35 PM
slleipnir : you are such a great person... i always look forward to your PMs. i have felt a little out of place since i got here... you like...adopted me ^^ of corse i had Jordan.. but she sits beside me... we dont have to talk over PT... thanks for being so kind. we do have a lot of the same interests don't we!:D :p
and you are a really good artist.

carole
07-27-2003, 03:16 PM
I feel priviliged to know all of you, Thank you for being in my life, for all the advice, the caring words, the compassion that has been shown to me through tough time's.

Each and every one of you play an important part in pet-talk and I feel very blessed to be part of this family.

I have posted my small tribute to Jessica and her mom, in the other thread.

Just wanted to stop by and say I appreciate every one on Pet-talk, and may this day be special, in our love for Jessica and rememberance of such a lovely young girl.

wolfsoul
07-27-2003, 03:21 PM
koneko_kokoro - For being my best friend since I was two years old! Always talking to me about things that I could never talk to about anyone else. Always admitting to what you feel, knowing not to be embarassed around me. Showing kindess, even in the horrible years...Ah, when we were 4...When I bashed your head into a post of nails...:rolleyes:

lovemyshiba
07-27-2003, 03:39 PM
I could go on forever if I named names, so I'll just keep it short.

To all of you, we all share one common bond--our love for animals. Who knew it was a bond that would make us all a family, for that is what we all are.

I appreciate every single one of you on here for many reasons, advice, sharing stories, pictures, and even disagreements--all of our opinions is what makes us all interesting.

A big huge thank you to Karen and Paul for creating this site--I feel as though I have friends all over the world, and for this I am grateful.

MaxandSpike'sMom
07-27-2003, 04:02 PM
To Lovemyshiba: Thank you for telling me about this wonderful site.

To Anna_66: Thank you so much for all of your help when I first started and kept bugging you about the sigs!

And to everyone else here on Pet Talk...Thank you all so much for all the advice and for accepting each and everyone of us into this wonderful family. Although, I have never met you all personally..I feel like I have one big "cyber-Family" and Friends all over the world. You are always here to listen to us complain and also here to share in our joy with all of our posts.

A special thanks to Karen and Paul for starting such a wonderful site.:D

KYS
07-27-2003, 04:14 PM
Accept for one name, "Got to mention Sandra, "tats", :)

I totally agree with lovemyshiba,
Their are to many wonderful, special people
for me to list.
And a big thankyou to Karen and Paul for starting this
wonderful web sight.

apcrs5122
07-27-2003, 04:15 PM
I love each and every member on this site. I could complement everybody, but that would take too long:rolleyes: :p But, Amber (CamCamPup), and Julie (GoldenRetrLuver) are the 2 people I talk to the most. They are great friends, and I love to talk to them. They always have something to say, and stories to tell. Anyway, they are great people, just like everyone else on here.

GoldenRetrLuver
07-27-2003, 04:18 PM
How could I forget Dayna? :o

Dayna (apcrs5122) : For always being there whenever I needed someone to talk to or vent too. Shes a wonderful person and a great friend. :)

Koneko_kokoro
07-27-2003, 04:27 PM
i love you Jordan^^
stupid... nails!! stupid post!!!grrrr:mad: :p

emily_the_spoiled
07-27-2003, 04:29 PM
I want to compliment everyone on this board. When I read the posts it reminds me that there is sanity in this crazy world and there have been many days when you have helped me keep my own...

wolflady
07-27-2003, 04:41 PM
I agree, there are so many wonderful people here that it would take forever to name them all, but each and every one of you make Pet Talk the wonderful place it is. We all are here for a common reason: the love of animals, and it's amazing that a forum such as this can unite so many people all over the world. Here are a few that come to mind, but the list doesn't stop here. Like Noahsmommy, I would be writing a long long list for each member, but I just wanted to recognize some very special members that come to mind...

Noahsmommy: my kindred sister:) Thanks for always being there for me and being one of my best friends! No doubt we'll be lifelong "sisters" :D Sergei misses you!

{{{PCB}}} You are so sweet :) I really admire your caring nature and your love of birds. You have opened my eyes to having birds as pets and their wonderful personalities! Thanks also for the great siggie! I just love it! I'm so sorry that your friend has departed, and we are all here for you too. Jessica will really be missed.

Sandra (tats) for always saying something kind for each and every pet of the day, and being the biggest blabbermouth ever! ;)

Aly, for being a guardian angel to all the animals she sees and takes care of in her shelter and at home; also for your advice every time I PM you! LOL :o

Gini for your fun-loving attitude and kindness to everyone you meet, also for being the "hostess with the mostess"! :D Oh, and also for Mr. Fish ;)

Pam, for being one of the first PTers to respond to my posts and PM me! ;) Also for being another "white cat" mom:D We are a special breed! LOL

Amberlee and KAK for your creative wit and caring nature

Karen and Paul for making it all possible! We couldn't have done this without you!

Jessica: for reminding each of us here how precious life is. Rest in peace dear

and to everyone else that makes Pet Talk the haven that it has been for me through the past couple of years. I have been here through some really sad and trying times and through happy and joyful times. Thank you all!
**hugs**
Karen

tatsxxx11
07-27-2003, 05:39 PM
The passing of Jessica has reaffirmed in my mind what I've always known in my heart, that life is fleeting and unpredictable, sometimes sweet and often unbearably painful. Our friends, our pets, are gifts given to us by God to grace our lives with love, laughter and companionship. During her time with us on Pet Talk, Jessica, our friend, graced all of our lives with her kindness and compassion. And with her passing, she has given us all a very special gift..a bit of time to pause, reflect and to give thanks for the wonderful, caring, supportive circle of friends we have in our very special Pet Talk family. Thanks to you all for the countless times your love, support and generosity of spirit have given me hope, made me laugh, brightgened my day, and eased my pain. I treasure EACH and every one of you and for me, there are no finer friends on earth. There are many with whom I have developed a very deep and special bond over the past few years. To them, my heartfelt thanks for always being there for me. And of course, many thanks to Karen and Paul for making this all possible:)

rg_girlca
07-27-2003, 06:02 PM
As ususal Tatsxxx11, very well written. I have always, and still do, enjoy reading your posts. You have such a way with words, that bring tears, joy and most of all comfort to whoever reads them.

I myself have only been here, off and on, for a few years. I cannot single out any one person. I feel we are united as one.
I truely commend those who are devoted to rescuing these poor defenseless animals that have to try and fend for themselves.
I really treasure the love and care that each and everyone of you express for your furbabies.

Also to Karen and Paul, who make this place worthwhile to come and visit everyday.

CamCamPup33
07-27-2003, 07:15 PM
For all of you who mentioned me you have all made my day.. i actually shed a tear once or twice there.:rolleyes: . .. i feel so special as i read each and every post.. i have a few more that i had forgotten :o

Dayna- you are so much fun to talk to especailly a good friend to shed a tear with and just to be there..

Schleppy- You always made me crack up on pt and you have always put a bright simle on my face when i read your posts..

Catnip- you were also a joy to talk to a great friend and just making me laugh when no one else could

:) im sorry if im forgetting anyone im kinda rushing.. karen this was a good idea.. ;)

HoRsELUvR
07-27-2003, 07:30 PM
i have to compliment everyone on PT because it would not be the same without you all.you all make this board a unique and special place.

Cataholic
07-27-2003, 07:34 PM
I want to compliment all the furry, feathered, and other pets in our lives that have brought us all together. Without them we wouldn't be here, and our lives would be so much darker.

ChloeLove
07-27-2003, 07:45 PM
I don't really talk to people in PMs or on AIM or anything, so I am going by all the posts that I read here every single day.

EVERY single PTer has at least once made my day...every single one of you are special and caring. I love coming here every day and looking at all of the wonderful tight-knit friendships that I see everyone has formed with one another. Frienship has to be one of the best things ever! I can't imagine life without friends, and it is truly wonderful that Paul and Karen made a way for so many friendships to form.
I don't specifically have any favorite PTers because I love you all, but...hmm, a few specifically come to mind.
Kfamr-I agree with whoever said she spoke her mind. I really admire that, and it is something that I wish I was strong enough to do.

Tatsxxx11-You are so sweet and caring!!! You have a great heart, and are a wonderful writer, and I love reading your posts because everything comes from your heart and is always SO well-written!

Airedalekisses-I *think* i got it right! You're so nice and so caring!

Wolfsoul-You are very smart and very informative, and you always stick up for your friends no matter what, and I greatly admire that.

REMEMBER! EVERYONE here is wonderful! :)

Oh, and a special thanks to Jessica, for teaching so many of us how special life really is, and to not take it for granted because you may have it one instant, and in the next...:( We will miss you, and I am sorry I never got to know you. :(

primabella
07-27-2003, 07:58 PM
Okay, well my computer is having problems and I think this is the only post I'll get through today, so I hope it sends. I figured if I had to post anything it would honor Jessica in some way.

First of all, there are just too many to post. Even if I don't mention someone here you are all very important to me. I can't even list all the compliments I would like to give. Thank you to all who mentionned me (even if it were two but I know you all just love me ;) )

Sandra - For always having the sweetest things to say in the nicest way possible. Always there to bring a smile to anyone's face.

Amber - For being a great PMing buddy and a really good friend.

Ashely - For being my fluffy sheltie butt friend and helping me do stupid things like download fonts and learn HTML (tutorials).

KayAnn - Even though I don't know you to well I know you are a great mommy to your pets and a great member. You stand up for what you believe in and I think are very mature for your age.

PCB - For always being there to give some extra advice on anything and helping out when needed. You are a great member and all your tributes to Jessica were just beautiful.

Emily - You know I just love seeing your pictures and hearing your stories about your crazy pups!

Julie - I love reading your posts and seeing pictures of your gorgeous pups!

Sara - For being such a sweet girl and PMing me when I needed some extra advice.

Jessica - For teaching and showing me so much about life. Your posts were always filled with so much kindness and love for animals. You will be greatly missed.

I know I didn't mention all I intended too but a special thanks to Karen and Paul for setting up this website. This place is like another family and I love it here. Thank you to everyone for putting up with me and always givng me some extra advice. You're all great! :D

Now let's hope this sends...*crosses fingers*

micki76
07-27-2003, 08:02 PM
I want to thank all of you for being animal lovers and helping make the world a bit better for being so. I'm grateful for each and every one of you every day. It's so wonderful to have a group of friends that understands the special bond I have with my kiddos. :)

A special thanks to a couple of people:

Aly, for always being there when I need her. What a great person you are, always willing to help in anyway possible.

Cheshirekatt for your concern and excellent advice. Not to mention your wonderful sense of humor. :D

Parnone, I always enjoy reading your posts and I adore your furbabies.

Airedalekisses
07-27-2003, 08:06 PM
Short and sweet-If there would be an Olympic event called caring and kindness everyone on PT would get a gold medal!!

iceyshiver21
07-27-2003, 08:18 PM
Richard- You brings smiles one post at a time.
Kfamr- You tell it how it is and don't worry about softing your words as much.
babolaypo65- Your posts make me laugh! :D :p :D
PBC and Britt- You two are the most friendly of the younger memebers. :D
Everyone!! We are such a great group arent we?!?

GoldenRetrLuver
07-27-2003, 08:22 PM
Some of these posts actually made me shed a tear...:rolleyes: lol.

A few other people...

Cayter (Foam) : for being a great friend and chat buddy. ;)

Liana (primabella) : her posts are always cheerful and happy and cheer up if ive had a rough day. Also for being a great friend. :)

ParNone: for her pics of her wonderful pups (esspecially Oz..) :p and shes such a nice person.
:)

sammi
07-27-2003, 08:34 PM
I have not posted for a long time due to being so sick - but, what a better time could be as today. I felt so heartbroken after reading about Jessica's death.

This board has brought me much comfort since I joined - so many good people on here. A big thanks to Paul and Karen for starting this message board. I hope to met more people in the future. Thank you everybody.

Kfamr
07-27-2003, 08:38 PM
Ok - Now I just don't know where to start.

Thank You all for saying anything about me in this thread.

I can't list anymore people, there's just going to be too many to list.

Hugs, Kisses, Slobber, Tail wags to ALL of you from Simba, Nala, and I. We love you all. :)

I don't know what I would do without Pet Talk.:cool:

wolfsoul
07-27-2003, 08:43 PM
Thanks to everyone who mentioned me! :) I feel a complete boost of self esteem.

I don't know what I would do without Pet Talk.
Ditto, and amen! :D

zanzanfergie
07-27-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by primabella

Sara - For being such a sweet girl and PMing me when I needed some extra advice.

Thanks Liana :)

I'm gonna go with you on this one, and hope the only reason I was mentioned once was because everyone knows they love me anyway ;). But it's Jessica's day, not mine, so here are the compliments regardless:

PCB for being so genuine and so sweet, and always taking the time to help me out with any project I may be working on. She always takes the time to respond to every birdy related subject out there, and never showers people with criticism, only advice in the sweetest way possible. I really value her prescence on this board and only hope she can heal from Jessica's passing with the same generosity and love for birds we know her for.

Liana (Primabella) for never laughing at me, when I make absurd suggestions through PM, and always taking me seriously. Also for mentioning me in this thread. ;) Can't get enough of those Mickey pictures, either!

Kfmar and Wolf Q, for basically the same reasons - you're both so honest, completely devoted to your dogs, and not afraid to say it how you think it. You also both always have such amazing signatures, and take some of my favourites pictures on the board, of the very gorgeous Nebo, Simba, and Nala.

NoahsMommy for taking the time to make me feel special...you know what I mean, and you were the special one for doing it. That made me very happy.

Cataholic, because I love to see pictures of Binx, and your sense of humour always cracks me up. I know we don't know each other that well, and don't really have the same opinion on some things, but I do enjoy reading your posts. :)
This list is to be completed...

wolf_Q
07-28-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr

I will start off with my favorite.

Amy, Wolf_q - I'm so glad we had finally met. It was so awkward how we did meet. All of the sudden, dad and I walk out of the room to get things from the truck and bamm. There's you, Melissa and Nebo standing in the hall. We both froze. I crack up everytime i think of it. :p

I had lots of fun with you in the parking lot, even when Nala decided the black top was the best place to do her horse impression. :o I know, I know, I didn't talk much at all. I still loved spending time with you, Melissa, and Nebo.

Again, I am really glad I got to meet you in person. You're such a wonderful young lady and you have lots of talent. The cover you did for the "Guestbook" at the BarkPark was amazing, even though you had short supplies.

One day I hope to come visit you in Utah as well as you visit me in Florida.... One Day... one day.......;)

Oh yes... and a ShoutOut to Teh late nii!!ght PeTtalker AIM chat Krew cuz we R da KeWli333eeezz!!!!!!!!111

Awww *blush* thanks KayAnn. :) I had a very wonderful time with you also. I can still picture your face when you walked out of the motel room and saw us there. LOL I know I didn't talk much either, but it was great meeting you. :) Melissa thought you were very nice, and she kept saying how much she thought we were alike. :D I wish we lived closer! (I think Nebo and Nala would like that too!) I've gotta get you to Utah next summer! I'd love to visit Florida too!

Now I don't think the little cartoon on the guestbook looked all that wonderful, but thanks for the compliment! :D

Oh my, there's SO many people to mention.....I don't want to miss anyone......Ok, I'll come back later and add them all...too tired tonight!

wolf_Q
07-28-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by zanzanfergie

Kfmar and Wolf Q, for basically the same reasons - you're both so honest, completely devoted to your dogs, and not afraid to say it how you think it. You also both always have such amazing signatures, and take some of my favourites pictures on the board, of the very gorgeous Nebo, Simba, and Nala.

I think some people wish we *were* afraid to say things on here. :o Thank you very much! :D You are a sweet person, and I can't thank you enough for the gift you sent to my Nebo boy!

iceyshiver21
07-28-2003, 01:04 AM
I got another one or ones i guess-
Soledad, Brandi (I Love Brian, Forever <3), and once again, Richard- During my membership on pettalk you three at one point questioned my way of thinking..all to the point where I had to rethink it all out again. I thank you guys so much for that.

aly
07-28-2003, 02:42 AM
I thought about not naming any people because I truly do love everyone here, but I have been fortunate to know some better than others. I hope to be able to get to know many more of you here on a more personal basis. The loss of dear Jessica has reminded me to take nothing for granted.

*Johanna (ScantyNebula)* You're so sweet and a wonderful furmom. Thank you so much for adopting Lily and giving her a great home. If only I could send ALL of my foster kittens to you, I'd be a happy camper!

*Karen (Wolflady), Kelly (Noahsmommy)* I love talking to you both. You have hearts of gold and we are all three way too similar :D Keep those pm's coming, Karen!

*Naomi* Thanks for being there as a friend and comfort. We will get not let our disease get us!

*micki* I have to meet you someday. Your pups are the cutest and you're always fighting to save a homeless soul. We live too close so we have no excuse not to meet :)

*LNCC (late night chat crew)* I love you all. You're all hilarious and keep me smiling.

*kimlovescats* Thanks for your devotion to your kitties and all the rescue work you've done. You have the perfect kitty home and are a wonderful mom. I'm so glad you're keeping little Casper (Skylar's long lost brother) so we can watch the two of them grow :)

*Emily (lovemyshiba)* You have always been so nice and you just crack me up when you join the chats. You ask about Peka, and that means SO much to me!

*AntiPam* You've always been just so sweet. Even though I don't get to talk to you a lot, I think you're sweeter than pie!

*Sandra, Rachel, Pam* Some of the first people I talked to here on PT. You guys made me feel very welcomed when I joined :)

popcornbird
07-28-2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by zanzanfergie
Thanks Liana

I'm gonna go with you on this one, and hope the only reason I was mentioned once was because everyone knows they love me anyway . But it's Jessica's day, not mine, so here are the compliments regardless:

Yes, yes of course. You know you are one of my favorites. :p I just didn't name you because I was heartbroken (still am :() and couldn't think straight.

PCB for being so genuine and so sweet, and always taking the time to help me out with any project I may be working on. She always takes the time to respond to every birdy related subject out there, and never showers people with criticism, only advice in the sweetest way possible. I really value her prescence on this board and only hope she can heal from Jessica's passing with the same generosity and love for birds we know her for.

Awwww thanks so much and thanks to everyone who named me. :o

Here's my list, right on this thread:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28869&perpage=40&highlight=list%20people&pagenumber=2

Originally posted by popcornbird
JUST ONE?!?! Oh no! I would feel mighty guilty if I just mentioned one and left the rest of my very special friends out! I'll go against the rules and name several.

Jessica12345, for being such a sweet girl and a wonderful bird loving friend, and for always sending me PM's that make me smile. PT could never be the same without you and your Tiki and pups.

FloppsyLadySally, because she's such a sweet young girl and I always knew that, right from the start.

Logan, for being such a kind and softhearted person who has always been nice to me since the day I joined the board.

Zanzanfergie, for being a very sweet girl who always manages to put a smile on my face.

Captain, because no matter how much I bother her with begging for pics of her pink feathered kid, she never gets mad at me. :p

Lut, for being my one and only best Belgian buddy!

NoahsMommy, for being so open minded, kind, and softhearted.

Sara luvs her Tinky for being a wonderful and jolly friend. There are not many people like you.

Cataholic, for being the funniest and most entertaining PT'er. What would we do without you Hoola Holic?

Wolf_Q, Slliepnir, and Primabella, first for being such wonderful girls, and 2nd for being the ones who taught me so much about PhotoShop.

Rottielover for being such a sweet and happy young girl!

Soledad, for always being courageous, and for going through so much trouble to bring your precious Boo with you from New Zealand. Really shows your love and devotion for your kitty cat.

I KNOW I'm missing some out, but that's all I could think of right now. I'll be back when I remember more!

I have to add some people I missed! :o

Cookiebaker, for being one very nice and kind person, and one who was one of my first favorites on PT.

Anna66 for being super nice and for doing a great job on quitting smoking. (How's that going btw?)

Wolflady, I don't know HOW I forgot to list you in the first list, because you were in my mind the whole time I was writing it , but thank you for always being such a nice person. I don't think there are many people as nice as you these days.

Iceyshiver for being a wonderful girl and very bright and intelligent.

Pam, for recently cheering me up when I was feeling down, with your kind PMs. They really meant a lot to me.

And I must add Cami's mommy, GRL, and Foam as my newest favorites here. Very sweet young girls, all of you.

Here's Jessica's words from that thread. Here come the tears again. :(

Originally posted by Jessica12345
PCB: Your my best birdie buddy and friend!:) I love seeing pics of your sweetie pie fids and seeing all of your posts. And I always enjoy receiving PMs from you! Also you always are there giving everyone great birdie advice. thanks!:D

zanzanfergie: your just always so sweet! :) lachie and austin are too! lol

primabella: your very nice and were always there for me from the begining. ;)

FLS: one of the sweetest people on PT!:D

ok thats more than one, and i could do more, but ill be as close to the rules as i can get. :p

Uabassoon
07-28-2003, 03:24 AM
I have a few to list but there are so many more that are special to me.

KayAnn- for being willing to talk to me on AIM when I am bored

Sara Luvs Her Tinky- For posting great pictures of her cats that always make me smile

Sasvermont- for trying so hard to make Camp Vermont a happy place

Kimlovescats- for doing so much to make a difference in the cat world

Jenluckenback (sorry for the misspelling)- for making a difference in so many kitty lives and for all of the helpful kitty advice

Moosmom- for working so hard at your local shelter to make a difference

K & L - for not only all your hard work with resuces, but for doing it in my home state

And so many more but it's my bedtime and I'm too tired to write anymore

zanzanfergie
07-28-2003, 03:28 AM
Yes, yes of course. You know you are one of my favorites. :p I just didn't name you because I was heartbroken (still am :() and couldn't think straight.

Oh hon I know. I was just joking. I know you're hurting bad. Please don't think I was asking, I honestly wasn't. And I meant everything I said about you too. PM me if you want to talk, kay? {{{hugs}}}} :)

bluekat
07-28-2003, 08:45 AM
I have a lot of favorites here on PT, but I'm not going to say them.
But I just want to say that everyone here is very nice and caring, and very great friends. There isn't anyone here that I don't like, I love you all:)

catland
07-28-2003, 11:14 AM
I'd like to compliment the gang that hangs out at Thursday's - Slick, Icy, Mugsy, Cincy, Airdailkisses, MMFF, babo65, Miss Meow, Shaismom, KYS, Cindy'smom, - please forgive me if I've forgotten your name.

and of course, the one and only bartender - Richard:) .

CamCamPup33
07-28-2003, 11:19 AM
And I must add Cami's mommy, GRL, and Foam as my newest favorites here. Very sweet young girls, all of you.

thanks pcb.. i know how you are feeling since i once lost a good friend too.. i know its hard but know that we are all here for you for whatever.. okay? if you need to talk im here too...i have a few to add

PCB- for being a great mommy and for being a great friend even though we didnt really talk much

Wolf_Q- for posting pics of your pups when you can and for that time we talked on aim.. lol it meant alot even though we barely said much..

RICHARD
07-28-2003, 11:50 AM
thanks to everyone that-

takes care of all the strays they meet

volunteer at shelters

have more than one pet

have a whole slew of different animals under one roof

think that their pet is the best on the planet

love their pets more than anything else.....

thanks to the guardians of PET TALK.

and finally, thanks to the people that think and write....even tho we sometimes do not see eye to eye......you ALL mean alot to me!

GoldenRetrLuver
07-28-2003, 11:53 AM

Awww..Thanks PCB...:o

PCB- one of the most kind, considering people on pet talk. also, thanks for making me my awesome signatures! :D

I know theres more..I'll come back...
;)

iceyshiver21
07-28-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by catland
I'd like to compliment the gang that hangs out at Thursday's - Slick, Icy, Mugsy, Cincy, Airdailkisses, MMFF, babo65, Miss Meow, Shaismom, KYS, Cindy'smom, - please forgive me if I've forgotten your name.

and of course, the one and only bartender - Richard:) .
Aww yes the Thursday crew! You guys keep my thursdays happy every week! :D :D and I got some to add to the Thursday's list WolfLady, Captian, Logan, emily_the_spoiled, bnormal, Heres to you all for keeping thursdays interesting!

apcrs5122
07-28-2003, 12:02 PM
I know I haven't really talked to you guys, but I really really like reading your posts, seeing your pics, and I think you are great people:

Amy(wolf_q), Kayann(Kfamr), Liana(primabella), PCB, Ashley(binka_nugget), Jordan (wolfsoul). You are wonderful people, and great friends.

Also CJ(Foam) is a wonderful person, great to talk to and to share stories with.

Amanda(ChloeLove), you are a great person, freind and mommy to your kids. I love talking to you, and sharing stories about piggies and how much Dexter and Rolo are alike;)

slick
07-28-2003, 12:31 PM
Ok, now it's my turn. (applause.....)

I'd like to thank the academy, my parents, God....(oh sorry, wrong speech :) )

First compliment is for the website for MEOW Foundation because they had a link to CatoftheDay which led me to Pet Talk last December.

Second compliment is of course to Karen/Paul for creating such a caring and supportive forum.

Last compliment is for everyone on PT, young and old alike. You all mean a very great deal to me and I care about each and every one of you and your pets. There's no way I could list just a few of you. Together we've laughed, cried and hugged our way through cyberspace and I do love you all!! If I had just one wish, I would wish that everyone remains healthy, for without good health you have nothing.

catland
07-28-2003, 02:47 PM
I'd like to also compliment Popcornbird who is maturing into such a wonderful, articulate, compassionate young woman right before our eyes.

PCB - we know you were very close to Jess - and you are being such a wonderful friend to her even now. You've shared your religion with us during these stressful, war-torn times when muslim-bashing has been too easy of a pass-time for too many people.

And a compliment to all PT people. Whether this is your first or 5000th+ post. I've never joined other boards, and this one has now probably spoiled me for life.

I Love Brian, Forever <3
07-28-2003, 03:11 PM
I want to thank EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU for tolerating me at times and being so nice to me after I have acted so immaturely. All of you are very understanding and extremely nice. You guys make Pet Talk a great place.

(Haha, that sounded lame... but it's true.) :) :D

dukedogsmom
07-28-2003, 03:35 PM
I wasn't able to come here yesterday but I still wanted to get a chance to say something. I found out about this site a few years ago by accident. I had nominated my dog Duke quite a few months earlier and had forgotten about it until I got an email from Karen saying Duke would be our DOTD the next day. It was that next day that I found out what great people are here and that's when I became a member. I come by every day now and really enjoy it.

catland
07-28-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by I Love Brian, Forever <3
I want to thank EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU for tolerating me at times and being so nice to me after I have acted so immaturely. All of you are very understand and extremely nice. You guys make Pet Talk a great place.

(Haha, that sounded lame... but it's true.) :) :D

I compliment you for making this statement. This is one of the great things about Pettalk - we're willing to give each other a second chance. I look forward to reading more of your posts.:)

ChloeLove
07-28-2003, 07:38 PM
Hey Dayna! Sorry I didn't mention you! :o My mind was like not on the right track! :o So. . .

I compliment Dayna because I really like talking to her about the guinea pigs we have! And isn't it funny how much Dex and Rolo are alike? :D You're so nice and cheerful, and you always have such great advice to share with everyone! You're an awesome mommy to your fur-kids, and I really enjoy talking with you! :)