PDA

View Full Version : Yes, corny, but I had to say this...

Rottieluver45
07-26-2003, 04:52 PM
I was thinking about Jessica and how it was so hard for everyone and I was thinking about the fact that it could happen to me and I know that`s stupid but it could. I just wanted to thank all of you guys for putting up with me for soooooo long. You guys are like a second family. I really want to thank popcornbird for always being there for me ,and cheering me up, when you don`t even know it! :)

Go ahead everybody, say something corny! But mean it and don`t make fun of anybody else.

BTW: I will feel so stupid if no one replies! :):D Please reply!

wolfsoul
07-26-2003, 05:02 PM
Corny..hmmmm..lol

Well, I still can't believe I've been here this long...Usually, it's, "We hate you, leave our forum." But I've never felt so welcome anywhere else. Sometime I feel like some poeple on here really hate me, but I'm glad that the majority are really kind to me and will miss me when and if I'm gone...

We are a family here. I couldn't even say that to my own family -- but here, it's easy. We all know it. I bet Karen and Paul never expected so many people to recognize this place as their family, and I bet they never even thought of all the funds, the meetings, anything.. We aren't just some regular old forum. Family.

primabella
07-26-2003, 05:33 PM
Okay, I'lladd to this too...:p Get ready for sap-city :p :p

I have been to a lot of forums, dog-related and not dog-related and this is the only one I have ever stayed with for so long and have accepted me. I love this place and everyone here. Some people probably don't like me but for those of you who can stand me, thank you for everything and everyone means a whole lot to me. :)

RockyRoad
07-26-2003, 06:08 PM
Another sappy post :p~

Although I had a very rough start here at Pet Talk, over time most of you have forgave me and have got to know me better. I never thought people on a message board could be so close. I too want to thank all of you for putting up with me. I am often extremely uncomfortable talking about my problems, but I feel comfortable talking to Pet Talkers about things. It's wonderful how people who have not met in person (or have) can be so close. :)

OK, I'm done now. :o

Kfamr
07-26-2003, 06:14 PM
I LIKE CORN!!!
I had some for dinner last night.

Anyways, I'm glad you all are here! :p

Airedalekisses
07-26-2003, 08:42 PM
Ok here's goes the drippiness-I've never been married and I don't have any children;but I try to see a lot of kids' points and help with a problem-yes, I get a bit silly sometimes-but I was once a kid and I know how I wanted to be treated-well, I try to treat kids like people not preach at them or tell them what to do-I kinda feel like the animal loving kids on PT are my "adopted" kids. Ok corn, I know-let me have my fun, I'm getting old!!

KYS
07-26-2003, 09:32 PM
I love corn!!!

I will admit, in my opinion this web site is unique
and very special.
I agree, it is like an extended family.

Group hug!!!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-26-2003, 09:35 PM
One more sappy post.

You guys are my second family, and sometimes my only family. Whenever I get mad at my parents you guys are here, making me smile and laugh. I barely knew Jessica, and when she passed, I cried 24/7. If any of you left, it would be worse. I am really happy I found this place, and I don't ever want to leave. You guys are great.

RogueFerret
07-26-2003, 09:50 PM
Most forums and chat rooms I have visited have been something like there are a select few that know everthing and if you say the least little thing that is different from what they believe then everyone attacks you to say how stuipid you are.:(

This is the only message board that I visit anymore because everyone listens to everyone else and people are more than happy to give advice.:D In the time that I've been here, I've gotten to know a few of you. So much it IS corny! Like when I here a Nelly song, it reminds me of Kfamr. If I see a sheltie, I think of Primabella. Everyone here has their story and everyone else here knows it.:) That's what makes this place so great and I'm so happy I found it. *sniff*

Okay, I think I've got it out of my system......;)

NoahsMommy
07-26-2003, 10:19 PM
Yay!!! Sappy time!!! :)

I think I just recently told someone this in a PM, but I'll share it here. When my grandmother passed away very unexpectedly, I learned to tell others how you feel for them at the time you feel it. Its turned me into a sappy girl, but at least my friends and family know how I feel for them. :)

PT is the greatest. Even though we have our disagreements, we always get along for the sake of PT and the animals we cherish. I love that there are so many people here that can civily disagree and still be friends. I love it here, I can't say that enough. :)

carole
07-26-2003, 10:19 PM
I think saying Pet-Talk is like a Family really rings home true, because we have our spat's on here just like real family's do and we make up with each other too.

There is alway's something to be learned on Pet-talk no matter what age you are.

Jessica's sad departure to another world, has left us all in shock, but it has also brought us closer together.

One thing I really wanted to say, was I think it was wonderful of her mother to let us know, she obviously knew just how special Pet-Talk had become to Jessica, and even though she is in extreme emotional pain and grieving, she took the time to post, I think that is very brave indeed.

puppygrrl4eva7
07-26-2003, 11:55 PM
I LIKE CORN!!!

LoL I like Corn, only on the cob though. I like pickles too only Dill though.
Anyways I sometimes think that a lot of people on PT don't like me, and that they all have a secret alliance and are trying to get rid of me. I am happy that some people on here do like me (I think)
I know exactly what you mean RottieLuver45, after Jessica passed I've been wondering things like, Will I live long enough to get married?, Will I ever have kids?, Will I live to be 80?, I just I hope I live a long life. But that's just me hoping