PDA

View Full Version : We have an uninvited guest...

dragonchilde
07-26-2003, 02:27 PM
She's a little grey kitten. She can't be too long on hard food. The two ladies that lived in the houses next to us died last year, and left a whole bunch of cats.

Well, they've started breeding. Yesterday my husband noticed her sitting on the porch, and thought she was one of ours, until she ran off and hid under the porch.

She ran off last night, but this morning she was back again.

She's smaller than the others I've seen, so I think she may be the runt. Any advice? I can't really keep her, but I don't mind her stealing some food. Little baby like that doesn't eat much. But, I would rather like to tame her a little, so that if I can, I can get one of the rescue groups to help me find her a home. She's a very pretty kitty.

AmberLee
07-26-2003, 04:07 PM
Oh my! Good luck. Your plan sounds like it should improve the chances of a good home for this tint waif...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-26-2003, 07:11 PM
Keep feeding her, and if you can, stay outside while she eats. Gradually get closer and closer - over a few days time - and hopefully she will gradually begin to trust you. Hopefully you'll be able to help the little sweetie.

NoahsMommy
07-26-2003, 10:42 PM
I agree with the others, keep feeding her and she'll eventually gain her trust. I bet your local rescue groups can at least trap and fix the cats that are there.

I found a few groups in GA, hopefully they can help:
http://www.netpets.org/cats/catresc/groups/georgia.html

:D

ramanth
07-28-2003, 09:07 AM
Ohh Heather! Good luck in getting the little one to trust you. Can you sneak a pic? :)

catmandu
07-28-2003, 09:42 AM
A kitten should be a lot easier as they are not as wary as an adult is likley to be! Once you can take her in , you can clean her up and she will be easier to find a home for , while she has the kitten look on her side! Good Luck!