PDA

View Full Version : Help! Katie seems sad :(

Amber_The_Pet_Lover
07-25-2003, 10:11 PM
Help! my dog Katie seems so sad. I dont know why. She might be sad because I told her about jessica's passing. She seems so not herself. What should I do? Should we have a doggy day together? Go to the beach? Long walks? anything? please help me!!
p.s. Ive been hearing whimpers from her..Maybe she is grieving about Jessica?

Albea
07-26-2003, 08:42 AM
As much as I believe about dogs grieving for the loss of a loved one, I don't think they can do that from a long distance about somebody they didn't know. She may see that you are sad but, if Katie is not herself, and whimpering, the best you can do for her is take her to the vet. That way you'll be sure that she doesn't have any health issues that cause her problem.
Hope Katie will feel well again soon. Please let us know how's she's doing.

primabella
07-26-2003, 08:49 AM
When I found out about Jessica, Mick was crying. It may have been because he wanted to go out thouygh. ;)

I do believe dogs can SENSE their owners' pain and last night I just lied down and thought about Jess. I was so sad. Mick lied down too and looked sad too. You think he felt my pain? :(

Amber_The_Pet_Lover
07-26-2003, 10:08 AM
I think dogs can feel their owners pain. Because when I was very upset, sad over when my dog ran away. Katie seemed sad. She kept trying to put her head under my arm, so she could be close. and make me feel better....;)