PDA

View Full Version : Can we please have a special day of Rememberance for Jessica

carole
07-25-2003, 07:38 PM
I left this site this morning, feeling very low in spirits on reading the saddest thread ever, the passing of AN ANGEL ONLY LENT, dear Jessica.
I just could not stay online, and read anything else, I have not been able to get this tragic event out of my mind.

I was thinking if everyone else agreed, we could have a special day of rememberance for Jessica.

What does everyone feel about this, would this be ok Karen?
REST IN PEACE DEAR JESSICA.

slick
07-25-2003, 07:41 PM
I think it's wonderful and to be purrrfectly honest, I have not replied to anything today that does not relate to Jessica. I have taken this day and dedicated it to Jessica's threads.

aly
07-25-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by slick
I think it's wonderful and to be purrrfectly honest, I have not replied to anything today that does not relate to Jessica. I have taken this day and dedicated it to Jessica's threads.

Same here. I can't really bring myself to look at anything else.

Pet Talk isn't the same without her :(

Foam
07-25-2003, 07:44 PM
I think that's an awesome idea. How about her birthday? Or today? Maybe this Sunday, where people will go to church and pray for her family and friends and talk to her through their prayers?

carole
07-25-2003, 07:46 PM
Foam I think Sunday would be a nice day to choose, as you say many people go to church, I know everyone is finding this especially hard and as you have mentioned feel as I do, cannot bear to look at anything else.

If everyone agrees can we make it this sunday then.

Pam
07-25-2003, 07:50 PM
That is a sweet idea. I posted once this morning before leaving for work but since reading about Jessica when I got home, I just haven't had the heart to read anything else. Her family has been on my mind constantly and in my prayers. :(

GoldenRetrLuver
07-25-2003, 07:52 PM
I think thats a sweet idea. :)

Kfamr
07-25-2003, 07:54 PM
I don't go to church, and i'm not religous. But. Her, her family, and most of all her "fids" will be in my thoughts.

slick
07-25-2003, 07:57 PM
Agreed, this Sunday. I don't have a puter at home so I won't be on line however I will be burning candles for Jessica every night for the next week. On Sunday I will say a special prayer for her family (including pets), friends, and PT friends. I have to sign off for now as I am cat-sitting for a friend and have two hungry mouths waiting for me.

I have felt such a closeness with all of you today, perhaps it's because we are all grieving and need to lean on each other more than ever now. We all grieve in different ways and it's important that we let ourselves go through this process in order to move on. Have a safe weekend everyone!!! Talk to you Monday.

Much love to you all.....

lizbud
07-25-2003, 08:41 PM
Carole,

I really don't believe this to be the best way to remember or
honor Jessica. The tragic death of this young girl is indeed a
horrible & shocking thing to have happen. I understand why
many of us are overwhelmed with grief & sadness, but we
should find another way instead of limiting all posting on other
things. What about all the people & their animals & the DOG,
CAT and Pets of the day for tomorrow? I would hate to not post
if someone's animal was sick and needed prayer, or someone
wanted to share some joyful/sad event in their lives.

carole
07-25-2003, 08:46 PM
AGREED, i really did not give it enough thought did I? karen has pointed out these things, I let my emotions run away with me.

I guess just remembering Jessica in our heart's is special in itself.

Karen
07-25-2003, 10:00 PM
Instead of this idea, please see:

this (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31063) instead.