PDA

View Full Version : A Fund For Jessica

Pages : [1] 2

zippy-kat
07-25-2003, 03:12 PM
Hi all, to be upfront and honest, I have not read all the posts regarding sweet Jessica's passing. I will, once I get home from work; my sorrow is so incredibly great and I just know I would not be able to get through them without completely breaking down.

I choose to remember golden-girl Jess as the vivacious, caring, genuine soul whose heart belonged to those beautiful fur/feathered kids Jordan, Jewels, and Tiki. Her love for them was elegantly -excitedly- enrapped in the words of each of her posts. With that being said, I propose this (and hope I haven't snatched someone else's idea):

I propose we start a fund, a donation, to an animal rescue organization of some sort. This can be either a breed specific foundation or something all encompassing like Best Friends.

Please let me know if this is something you'd be interested in; once we have an idea of what/where we want the donations to go, I can arrange the fund.

Let's keep Jessica's spirit, her zest for life, and concern for animals alive.

catland
07-25-2003, 03:17 PM
I think that is such a sweet idea. The people that knew her best might be able to give us an idea on what would be the most appropriate thing to do.

robinh
07-25-2003, 03:23 PM
Count me in! I can't think of a better way to honor her memory.

slick
07-25-2003, 03:31 PM
I think this a great idea and agree that a bird rescue organization would be the best. Count me in!! I know that some organizations allow you to sponsor pets. Don't know how this works but I think it's worth consideration.

ramanth
07-25-2003, 03:32 PM
I'm all for somethng like that.

sasvermont
07-25-2003, 04:06 PM
I was thinking something along the same line too. Maybe you could find the name of the organization and we could send the donations individually, making it easier on you.....

Let us know.

SAS

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-25-2003, 04:07 PM
Sounds like a great idea, Zippy, and thanks for volunteering to set it up. And even though I didn't know her that well, it seemed Tiki was the light of her life, so I think some sort of bird rescue would be very appropriate.

Cinder & Smoke
07-25-2003, 04:18 PM
Wonderful idea, Zippy!
Jessica will be pleased to be Remembered this way!

Count us IN!

And yes, Best Friends *does* Birds!

See this link to the Avian Section at Best Friends:

Feathered Friends at Best Friends... (http://www.bestfriends.org/sanctuary/birdfrm.htm)

micki76
07-25-2003, 04:36 PM
Wonderful idea. I'm in.

primabella
07-25-2003, 04:41 PM
Lovely idea, Zippy. I'll ask my mom about it. I would love to help out. :)

CamCamPup33
07-25-2003, 04:48 PM
same here i will talk to my mom :)

RockyRoad
07-25-2003, 04:50 PM
I will ask my mom as well. It sounds like a great idea. :)

Sevens
07-25-2003, 04:54 PM
Count me in too!

catlady1945
07-25-2003, 05:21 PM
That is a lovely idea. Would definitely be interested.

Edwina's Secretary
07-25-2003, 05:23 PM
Absolutely!

Rottieluver45
07-25-2003, 05:29 PM
That`s a GREAT idea!

BTW: how old was Jess when she...passed away?

Foam
07-25-2003, 05:30 PM
I want in on this! I agree, PBC. We should definetly find a bird rescue and donate to that.
We can call the process Operation Jess! Lol, lmao, no..;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-25-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Rottieluver45
That`s a GREAT idea!

14 :(

Foam
07-25-2003, 05:31 PM

Just 14 :(

lovemyshiba
07-25-2003, 05:32 PM
That`s a GREAT idea!

She was 14

I think that is a wonderful idea--let everyone know when a decision has been made, and I would be happy to donate in her memory.

micki76
07-25-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Foam
I want in on this! I agree, PBC. We should definetly find a bird rescue and donate to that.
We can call the process Operation Jess! Lol, lmao, no..;)

Oh, yes. Laugh! Jessica would love for us to think of her and smile and laugh. So here ya go Jessica. :) She wouldn't like all this sadness, though we can't help it.

Pam
07-25-2003, 05:44 PM
That is a wonderful idea Zippy. Count me in too.

Logan
07-25-2003, 06:07 PM
I like the idea too. Count me in and let me know if I can help in any way.

Logan

Rottieluver45
07-25-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
14 :(

WOW!! That really makes me think about my life. I`m only 14 too. I miss her, alot! :(

Steffi N
07-25-2003, 06:25 PM
What a special way to honor and remember a young life lost too soon. I did not know Jessica, since I usually stay on the cat side but she must have been a really sweet girl and a true animal lover. Count me in and let me know when a decision has been made. My sympathies again to Jessica's family, friends and pets.

zippy-kat
07-25-2003, 06:35 PM
If no one has any objections, I suggest we go w/ the Best Friends Organization and designated it specifically for the bird portion of the sanctuary.

When I arranged the Pennies for Paws drive, the people were willing to accomodate whatever we needed. If you guys like this idea, I'll call Monday and set up the fund. This is an advantage as you guys can mail the payment directly to the sanctuary (and I think they are able to accept online CC donations now).

As for the name, how about something "heavenly?" Jessica's Feathered Angels or something that refers to angels, celestial bodies, birds, etc.... ?

CountryWolf07
07-25-2003, 06:45 PM
I think I"d like to help out.. It's a good idea..

aly
07-25-2003, 06:49 PM
Tonya -

This was my exact idea as I was driving home. I think Best Friends would be great, especially if we can request the money be used for their birds. I know Jessica would love the money to go to ANY animal, but I think she had a special place in her heart for birds.

Such a wonderful girl deserves a tribute exactly like this. I know she is smiling down on us from heaven.

*edit: Sorry Tonya.. Just noticed your post where you already had the bird idea, also.

Cinder & Smoke
07-25-2003, 06:51 PM
Both the Fund Name and the Place - Best Friends.

From another thread...

Jessica - at age 10 (4 years ago)...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid56/p32e1c9453eb14561a6705b91613c8022/fc73e3b8.jpg

Rest In Peace, Dear Jessica

:(

slick
07-25-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
If no one has any objections, I suggest we go w/ the Best Friends Organization and designated it specifically for the bird portion of the sanctuary.

When I arranged the Pennies for Paws drive, the people were willing to accomodate whatever we needed. If you guys like this idea, I'll call Monday and set up the fund. This is an advantage as you guys can mail the payment directly to the sanctuary (and I think they are able to accept online CC donations now).

As for the name, how about something "heavenly?" Jessica's Feathered Angels or something that refers to angels, celestial bodies, birds, etc.... ?

How about "Wings of Love" ????? or "Jessica's Wings of Love"

I do like "Jessica's Feathered Angels" too.

zippy-kat
07-25-2003, 07:01 PM
Love it!

NoahsMommy
07-25-2003, 07:04 PM
Great idea! I think she would really like that.

I wont be able to participate at this time, but when we have some extra money, I'd like to donate it to our shelter in her name. They put a plaque on kennels with someone's name and it'll be there for as long as the shelter is there. I'll post a picture of her's...maybe I can email it to her mom as well...when we do it.

Rest in peace, sweet Jessica.

Foam
07-25-2003, 07:11 PM
I really like 'Jessica's Wings Of Love' :) She too now can fly with the birds she loved so much.

Zippy-Kat,
I'd be glad to send my extra allowence. Even if it's not alot, only about 12 dollars, it could still buy a nice bag of treats or two for the birds.
Could we have an address and a release date when we should send?

zippy-kat
07-25-2003, 07:16 PM
Yes ma'am, Foam. I'll give you guys all the info on Monday.

Cinder & Smoke
07-25-2003, 07:20 PM
"Could we have an address and
a release date when we should send?"

Give Zippy till Monday night or Tuesday
to get things set up...

The girl at Best Friends that handles these Special Funds
isn't there on weekends.
And SHE has to set up the account *before* the donations arrive.

Thanks for your patience!

/s/ Phred

Foam
07-25-2003, 07:22 PM
Okay! :D:D:);):D:p

Christiansmommy
07-25-2003, 07:32 PM
What a great idea. Count me in!!!

Robyn

tikeyas_mom
07-25-2003, 07:37 PM
that is an awsome idea!!

jenluckenbach
07-25-2003, 07:44 PM
I'm in.

lizbud
07-25-2003, 08:13 PM
Zippy Kat,

I would be glad to send a donation in Jessica's name. It
will be a wonderful tribute to her.

auggie
07-25-2003, 08:43 PM
Wonderful idea, Tonya.
Count me in.

Cincy'sMom
07-25-2003, 09:03 PM
Tonya- I think you've had an excellent idea. When you get the info, could you send me a PM? We are leaving on vacation in a few hours and I want to be sure I find the info when we get home. Thanks!

wolflady
07-25-2003, 09:16 PM
This is a fabulous idea! I really think it will be a great tribute to this darling girl. Count me in. I can't offer much, but every little bit counts:)

**hugs**

shais_mom
07-25-2003, 11:45 PM
Count me in too!

GoldenRetrLuver
07-25-2003, 11:51 PM
I'll ask my parents. Wonderful idea. :)

bluekat
07-26-2003, 08:49 AM
I'll ask my parents, I think its a great idea!
I just have a question, would we be sending our donations individually?

Albea
07-26-2003, 09:06 AM
Tonya:
Making the donations to Best Friends for the birds they rescue is a wonderful idea to honor Jessica. As soon as the fund is set up, I'll send my contribution.

tatsxxx11
07-26-2003, 09:07 AM
This will be a wonderful tribute to dear Jessica. Absolutely, count me in. Let me know if I can be of any help, Tonya.

allanimalswelcome
07-26-2003, 09:15 AM
Count me in as well!

gini
07-26-2003, 11:22 AM
Tonya, you can count on me to make a donation for Jessica too.

Thank you for such a great idea and also for taking the time to have the fund set up.

A donation to help birds at the sanctuary sounds perfect, as I bet Jessica has her own wings by now!

jenluckenbach
07-26-2003, 01:56 PM
Does anyone have a way to contact Jessica's parents? I am sure they'd be pleased to hear of our special tribute to their daughter.

RockyRoad
07-26-2003, 02:01 PM
My parents like the idea, so count us in. :)

Jessica12345
07-26-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Does anyone have a way to contact Jessica's parents? I am sure they'd be pleased to hear of our special tribute to their daughter.

Yes, this is Jessica's Mother. :( You are so sweet, all of you. :( Thank you So much... I cant even breathe right now.... and my eyes are blurry from crying. I cant write anymore......

But i have to let you know that I never understood why this place ment so much to her... and now that I see you all like this it amazes me how much you care about her. So even if i dont post for a while, i will be coming back. :( although under a new user name. :( thank you again...... :( :( :(

primabella
07-26-2003, 03:00 PM
We are here for you Mary *hugs*

Foam
07-26-2003, 03:02 PM
-hugs Mary- :(

tatsxxx11
07-26-2003, 03:23 PM
Dear Mary...Jessica was truly blessed to have such a wonderful Mom. The inner beauty and gentless of spirit with which she graced this earth is an enduring testament to your love for her. Please know that many, from all over the world, are rejoicing in her life and her legacy of kindness and compassion. We are keeping you and your family and her beloved Tiki, Jewels and Jordan in our thoughts and prayers as you face the very difficult days ahead. Love, Sandra

dukedogsmom
07-26-2003, 03:40 PM
I could also send a little bit when the fund is set up or when you decide who it should go to. I think Best Friends is the best place, although I'm sure any would benefit from it.

GoldenRetrLuver
07-26-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Jessica12345
Yes, this is Jessica's Mother. :( You are so sweet, all of you. :( Thank you So much... I cant even breathe right now.... and my eyes are blurry from crying. I cant write anymore......

But i have to let you know that I never understood why this place ment so much to her... and now that I see you all like this it amazes me how much you care about her. So even if i dont post for a while, i will be coming back. :( although under a new user name. :( thank you again...... :( :( :(

Were here for you. :( {{{{HUGS}}}} :(

wolfsoul
07-26-2003, 04:40 PM
This is a wonderful idea! :)

Mary, I's so glad that you will be joining Pet Talk. I think that being in this part of your daughter's world will help you through the grieving process, even though you'll nver stop grieveing. None of us will stop. :(

(((hugs)))

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-26-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
This is a wonderful idea! :)

Mary, I's so glad that you will be joining Pet Talk. I think that being in this part of your daughter's world will help you through the grieving process, even though you'll nver stop grieveing. None of us will stop. :(

(((hugs)))

Mary, I can only imagine what you're going through right now. My only reference for it is that my best friend's sister died a few years ago, although she was 31 at the time. Still way too young to be taken, but not near as young as your Jessica. Like Wolfsoul says, you will never stop grieving but coming here to PT, I think, will certainly help you get through some tough times. As you can see, we are all very supportive of each other - through everything, good and bad.

Please take care of yourself for now, and grieve as you need to, and we will look forward to greeting you back when you are ready and able to.

{{{{hugs}}}} to you in such a difficult time. :(

Aspen and Misty
07-26-2003, 09:11 PM
I would be more then happy to donate. She was one of my fav posters.

Ash

KYS
07-26-2003, 09:17 PM
Mary,
You are in our hearts and prayers.

(((HUG'S)))
Karen

anna_66
07-27-2003, 12:09 PM
I think this is a wonderful idea.

Mary, I'm so glad that you've seen how much your daughter meant to all of us here at PT.
{{{{HUGS}}}}
Anna

MaxandSpike'sMom
07-27-2003, 04:13 PM
This is a great idea! Count me in!

Let me know when everything is set up!

moosmom
07-28-2003, 12:05 PM
With all due respect to Jessica's family, before I go sending off any of my hard earned dollars to this fund, I would really appreciate it if you could post an obituary that was printed in the paper, a newspaper story that appeared or SOMETHING as proof that Jessica is indeed and sadly no longer with us. Pardon me for my skeptisism, but certain things just aren't adding up.

If I am out of line and there HAS been a devastating tragedy, then please accept my sincere apologies.

zippy-kat
07-28-2003, 12:32 PM
Today is a horridly busy day at work and I will not be able to call Best Friends until tomorrow at lunch.

Since the issue has been raised, I'm asking all who are interested in donating, to PM/Email me with a "let's wait" or "full steam ahead."

jenluckenbach
07-28-2003, 12:43 PM
Donna, just so you don't look like the only one who wonders this, I too think that there is a possibility of a "scam". BUT since this fund would not be for a person or family, but for a rescue organization, then EITHER way, I would donate.

robinh
07-28-2003, 12:49 PM
Donna, I really do understand your skepticism (I've been told I'm one of the most cynical people on earth), but since what jenluckenbach says is true, I'll still plan to donate in Jessica's name.

Just for those who do wonder, do we know what state Jessica lived in? Sometimes you can go on line and look up obits - I know all the regional papers here have them on line.

slick
07-28-2003, 01:25 PM
Well, I must be pretty naive because I never for one minute thought that this could be a scam!! Please send us the information I'll gladly donate.

2kitties
07-28-2003, 01:47 PM
Moosmom has a very valid point. I, too, feel terrible for any family dealing with such a tragedy. However, in internet situations, we all must protect ourselves as well.
My heart goes out to anyone dealing with the loss of a child.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-28-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Pardon me for my skeptisism, but certain things just aren't adding up.

Donna, I can understand your skepticism because a lot of things on the internet need to be questioned and not taken for face value, but what "things" aren't adding up? I'm just curious because what I see is a young girl joins an internet site and gets to know a few people, she suddenly, tragically dies and her mother is nice enough to let us all know about it. She is understandably distraught and dealing with all the many things that need to be dealt with when there is a death, and she's not posting anything regularly at all. Then you have all the people here who are horrified at the news and want to do something good in the young girl's name by setting up a fund to help out some animals.

Don't get me wrong, because I'm one to question just about everything I see on the internet if it's from an unknown source. I'm just confused as to what is not adding up? :confused:

Denyce
07-28-2003, 02:25 PM
Moosmom's point is extremely valid. I have been through this whole thing before on a chat site. And it was a total scam. And the people who lied about this person having died were not even looking for any money...only attention. So it is not out of line to feel this way at all.

However, also as Jen pointed out it would be giving money to a legitimate charity which is always a good thing.:)

boscibo
07-28-2003, 02:46 PM
Moosmom brings up some interesting points, and I agree. I have been through this before too - a couple of times. Usually if a situation like this is real, an obit or news article will be presented. Funeral or card/flower info will be given to greiving freinds. I guess I am cynical too, but having been burnt in situations like this, I need proof. The fact that Jessica's mother seems to be monotoring these boards (I have seen her online quite a few times in the past few days) and hasn't responded to pleas for info for a card, or any funeral info seems odd to me. I understand she is upset if this truly happened, but if she is online, why not announce the funeral home/church at least?

catland
07-28-2003, 03:07 PM
Let's back up a bit here.

Yes, we have every right to be cautious - its just a good thing to do. But I'm going to operate from the position that this is no hoax. Given that, it was extremely kind and generous of Jessica's mom to even bother to contact us, she didn't have to do this. Also, given that this is the internet and anyone could be reading these words, maybe she doesn't want to post more detailed information in order to protect her familiy from the wierdos out there.

Lets respect the privacy of the family. Jessica's mom, excuse us for getting carried away here - take your time. We certainly cannot fathom your grief.

wolfsoul
07-28-2003, 03:12 PM
I, too, understand the need to be sure. I do believe in all that has happened, but you can never be 100% sure unless you know the person personally. I've already gotten PM's from people saying that they don't believe it...:o

Please excuse me as well, I believe that there has been a tragedy -- I'm just stating that I can never know for sure unless there is proof. :(

So sorry for my comment if it offended anyone.

moosmom
07-28-2003, 03:32 PM
What is not adding up is the fact that if it were MY daughter that was killed in a tragic accident, the LAST place I'd be in is on a website posting in threads. I'd be with my family grieving for my daughter.

Certainly such a tragedy would have been on the news or in the newspaper SOMEWHERE.

If anyone wants more of an explanation, please feel free to PM me.

boscibo
07-28-2003, 03:35 PM
She doesn't have to give a home address, just a church/funeral home address is fine. I understand how you feel, but I have been a victim of people pulling pranks before, and playing with people's emotions is not nice.

Why is wanting proof so bad? In all cases where people I have known on the internet have passed on, funeral info was given. We aren't asking for personal info.

If I'm wrong, Jessica's mother has my deepest sympathy, but things are weird in this case. My personal opinion, of course.

ramanth
07-28-2003, 03:48 PM
Aye... I've searched everywhere and can find no news of a child being killed in a hit and run... at least not a Jessica of 14 years.

Jessica's family has my appologies but I too would rather be cautious. And since they seem to be just as cautious, I'm sure they can be understanding.

If Jessica's family or mom had talked to Karen before to allow Jess to continue to chat here, why not talk to Karen and Karen only. Surely she can trust her. But if she has never talked to Karen before, again, my appologies for not knowing the full situation.

popcornbird
07-28-2003, 03:50 PM
What is not adding up is the fact that if it were MY daughter that was killed in a tragic accident, the LAST place I'd be in is on a website posting in threads. I'd be with my family grieving for my daughter.

Certainly such a tragedy would have been on the news or in the newspaper SOMEWHERE.

If anyone wants more of an explanation, please feel free to PM me.

I wouldn't be on the web either, but when we lost a member on tiel talk, another board that I'm on, her mother came online and told us. She also browsed the board because it helped comfort her when she saw what people were saying, and her daughter's passing WAS true, because her car accident was reported on the news, which was shared on the board. I searched for a news report on Jess and couldn't find any, but then again, it would only be on local news, and we don't know where she lives. :confused: I don't know. :(

popcornbird
07-28-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by ramanth

If Jessica's family or mom had talked to Karen before to allow Jess to continue to chat here, why not talk to Karen and Karen only. Surely she can trust her. But if she has never talked to Karen before, again, my appologies for not knowing the full situation.

I believe she emailed Karen at that time, and she emailed me also. Jessica had asked her to respond to our emails. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
07-28-2003, 03:53 PM

I just want to mention that since this happened over a weekend, it may not appear in the obits in the newspapers until this week. I she lives in a small town, it may not make tv news and if the paper is small, it may not be on the Internet. I have had first hand experience on small towns and funerals.
I can understand your cauction though. I guess we just need to wait and keep checking sources.

ramanth
07-28-2003, 03:54 PM
I misunderstood :o

wolfsoul
07-28-2003, 04:01 PM
Ramanth, she was talking about another person :) She was just using it as an example. :)

Just to let everyone know, I just did a search and Jessica lived in Massatchussets (sp???). I know that some people were wondering and asking... I got more than one PM concering her whereabouts. :)

ramanth
07-28-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Ramanth, she was talking about another person :) She was just using it as an example. :)
Okey dokey. :) ahhhh.. I see now... tiel didn't stand out..... My appologies then.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-28-2003, 04:10 PM
[i]
Even local news have websites and websites archive news stories. Especially stories like this. [/B]
Not necessarily. I live in a small Kansas town and our newspaper is not on line and we have no tv coverage unless a station from 30 miles away comes. We didn't even have local Internet access until about a year and half ago. I've heard Jess lives in Missouri. If it's a small town, it's paper may not be on line. Even the local paper may not mention it until this week because the Saturday and Monday issues are ready to print by Friday (or at least ours are).
Please note: the Missouri information may not be correct, see the above post by Wolfsoul, but the small town stuff could stil apply.

lizbud
07-28-2003, 04:11 PM
Jessica's mother does not have to prove anything to me. Who
stands to benefit from this fund? The birds at Best Friends.
I'll leave this up to Zippy Kat to let us know when & where to send our donation.

boscibo
07-28-2003, 04:20 PM
lizbud, it's not the money I'm worried about, it's people's emotions. Like I said before, I have seen some pretty low down people pull sympathy scams before, and the end result is not pretty. I'm NOT saying that's what is going on in this case, but you need to understand why some of us might want some proof before we grieve too hard.

Just PM'ing Karen an address, or even calling her (I saw Karen posted her home phone number for Jessica's mother to call) would be good. No need to post personal info here on the board.

gini
07-28-2003, 05:19 PM
As of June 17th - she indicated that she lived in Missouri - in her own post.

Did she move to Mass. in the last month?

zippy-kat
07-28-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Can you link the post please?

I don't have the link but I know the post she's talking about. POTD Mr. Slim (6-17-03) is from New London, MO. In his POTD thread, Jessica stated he lived down the street from her.

lovemyshiba
07-28-2003, 06:12 PM
here's the thread
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28694&highlight=slim

and here's Mr. Slim
http://petoftheday.com/archive/2003/June/17.html

and, here's an address and phone number to a newspaper in that town--maybe that will help

HERALD ENTERPRISE
308 MAIN ST
NEW LONDON, MO 63459-9603
Phone: (573) 985-5531

zippy-kat
07-28-2003, 06:38 PM
I feel it important to point out that--Mr. Slim *could* reside in/around Boston; that could be a former address.

I will still make a donation to Best Friends, as the animals are the benefactors.

lizbud
07-28-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by boscibo
lizbud, it's not the money I'm worried about, it's people's emotions. Like I said before, I have seen some pretty low down people pull sympathy scams before, and the end result is not pretty. I'm NOT saying that's what is going on in this case, but you need to understand why some of us might want some proof before we grieve too hard.

Just PM'ing Karen an address, or even calling her (I saw Karen posted her home phone number for Jessica's mother to call) would be good. No need to post personal info here on the board.

boscibo,

Before you grieve to hard ? What the heck does that mean ?
Are you able to hold back your tears until you see the child's
body? When my Mother suffered the sudden loss of my younger brother she was completely devestated. Even family could not
comfort her. She cried & morned deeply for months afterward.
As to the money issue. I've learned over the years that whenever someone says "It's not the money".....You can bet the
farm.....it's the money. Whether one believes or does not
believe what we've been told about Jessica does not matter to
me. I'm not planning on getting a 2nd morgage, I'm making a
contribution to a good cause in the name of a sweet child.

lovemyshiba
07-28-2003, 06:48 PM
Boston, Missouri, it doesn't matter.

I will still be making a donation as well, for the animals.

boscibo
07-28-2003, 07:04 PM
I never said I want to see a body, all I would like (as others here do) is some proof this incident really happened. I learned a long time ago not to believe everything that gets posted to the Internet. People here are really hurting, and I have seen message boards get torn up from stuff like this before. People can and do lie on the Internet, happens all the time.

What set off a red flag for me was Jessica's mother types suspiciouly like Jessica - lots of excessive smilies (amazing for someone who wasn't even sure how to post to a message board, per her first post about the accident), not capitalizing her "i's", etc.

I am truly not a cold hearted person, I have suffered great losses myself. But I'd hate to see you all getting your chains yanked and hurting so much if it isn't true. It's won't be the first time it's happened, and certainly not the last.

wolfsoul
07-28-2003, 07:10 PM
Here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23068&highlight=massachusetts) she says she's from Mass,. as well as here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21284&perpage=15&highlight=live&pagenumber=3) :confused:

I wish I could donate, but my mom said no :(

Sudilar
07-28-2003, 07:15 PM
Maybe some of us are HOPING that it IS a hoax and that little girl is just mischievious, not gone. I would rather have her alive, no matter what.

zippy-kat
07-28-2003, 07:23 PM
Well said. Zippy, I believe you may be right.

You guys, can we please stop playing dectective?:rolleyes: Can you imagine how hurt Jessica's mom will feel if she comes and reads these posts, suspecting this as a scam?

Such incidents do not always appear on the news especially if it happened in a small town, AND the name of the victim is only named if the family allow it. News reports like these often say the family prefered that her name not be disclosed. So...........if you are searching for Jessica, and even if she was in the news but not with her name, you are NOT going to find anything.

Honey, you don't know which side of the fence I stand on... *I'm* not sure which side of the fence I stand on.

Yes, I realize Jessica's mother might be hurt by these comments...surely, she recognizes the dangers of the internet as Jessica had to obtain permission to remain on pet talk. That being said, she would understand our concern as to whether or not this is a hoax.

I think you are very wrong, in stating that this incident would not be on the news. If this was a hit and run, vehicular homicide/manslaughter... the media would have a field day. Esp. since there is a child involved.

I stand by my decision to donate to this cause.

slick
07-28-2003, 07:35 PM
I really hope Jessica's mom will still stay on the board after all what some of you have said. If I were her, I wouldn't. I can't even imagine how hurt she would feel coming to this.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree PCB!!! Personally I think this thread should be deleted. When someone gets an address to send the donations to, start another thread.

I totally understand why some of you would be skeptical but what could Jessica possibly get out of faking her own death?? She can't stay off PT forever and she would have to come back at some point, wouldn't she?? I've spent a good part of the day going over her posts and I really don't think she would be the type to "play with other people's emotions"...it's just a gut feeling.

gini
07-28-2003, 07:38 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by popcornbird
[B]I'm sorry but I disagree. First of all, I just went back to Jessica's mom's thread and the I's are all capitalized. 2nd, the tone, style of talking, in my honest opinion, has no comparison to that of Jessica's. Jessica would never capitalize her words at the beginning of a sentence. Her mother did. The *style* in my opinion is not the same either, and seriously, if this happened to you, wouldn't you use all the sad/crying smilies possible?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, this is Jessica's Mother. You are so sweet, all of you. Thank you So much... I cant even breathe right now.... and my eyes are blurry from crying. I cant write anymore......

But i have to let you know that I never understood why this place ment so much to her... and now that I see you all like this it amazes me how much you care about her. So even if i dont post for a while, i will be coming back. although under a new user name. thank you again......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is Jessica's Mother's reply on this thread..............not every "i" is capitalized.....................

2kitties
07-28-2003, 07:55 PM
I have to agree that the posts look suspicious and the overuse of emoticons is a bit out of place. I'm sorry, but the posts seem juvenile in nature.
Certainly this is offensive and I sound cruel, but I think it is naive to believe things like this at face value on the internet. None of us knows Jessica, clearly we don't even know where she lives or lived.
I also hope this is a cruel hoax and this very young girl is just over her head in a mischievious trick.
In case it is not a hoax, I will pray for her family and hope they find peace with one another. As for the rest of us, the truth will eventually come out, I'm sure.

wolfsoul
07-28-2003, 08:01 PM
I don't believe that Jessica would do something like this.

However, I remember when her family was reluctant to let her on PT and other forums. We can't rule out the possibility that this is being forced.

zippy-kat
07-28-2003, 08:08 PM
Slick, I understand your concern (thread being deleted) wholeheartedly and have thought of doing so. However, I do remember Jess having to get permission to remain on PT. Thus, I say again:

Yes, I realize Jessica's mother might be hurt by these comments...surely, she recognizes the dangers of the internet as Jessica had to obtain permission to remain on pet talk. That being said, she would understand our concern as to whether or not this is a hoax.

I am truly thankful for Donna addressing her concerns in public; she voiced what some were afraid to say. I had hoped though, that people would -for the sake of the mother- email me to avoid the riff-raff/hurt feelings. However, they have the freedom to do as they will and, as creator of the thread, I choose not to delete it. If Karen would like to lock and/or delete it, I have no problems with that.

In Jessica's defense, she did not seem the type to cause this trouble. I hope, for all involved, that it *IS* a hoax.

EDIT: As for the style of typing... at first reading, i DID think it was a 'childish'. However, I understand that grief causes one to "step outside one's self" by acting differently. I've been there...

I don't know WHO would be in their right frame of mind to worry about spelling/grammar. Very trivial in the scheme of things.

GoldenRetrLuver
07-28-2003, 08:09 PM
The posts do look similar, I don't think Jessica would do something like this. I *hope* it is a hoax...because then Jessica would still be alive...but if its not..then im so sorry it happened and I pray for Jessicas family.

jenluckenbach
07-28-2003, 08:24 PM
"Jessica" herself does not even have to be a child. "she" could be a grown man taking the time necessary to build us all up for this very moment of let down. Is there any way for us as a community to just DROP this subject and move on? We can then choose to grieve in the privacy of our own homes or we can choose to let it go. If we want to donate to a worthy cause, DO IT! If not, that is a valid choice.
I, myself, will not be reading any more tales of Jessica. And my point of view will remain my own.
Thank you for listening.

wolfsoul
07-28-2003, 08:33 PM
"Jessica" herself does not even have to be a child. "she" could be a grown man taking the time necessary to build us all up for this very moment of let down. Is there any way for us as a community to just DROP this subject and move on? We can then choose to grieve in the privacy of our own homes or we can choose to let it go. If we want to donate to a worthy cause, DO IT! If not, that is a valid choice.
I, myself, will not be reading any more tales of Jessica. And my point of view will remain my own.
Thank you for listening.

Although I don't believe that about Jessica, that is a very valid point.

There was something on the news just a while ago --- an 18 year old woman from Englad and a 30 year old man from California decide to meet in Paris. When the guy gets there....He finds out that the girl is 12!! :eek:

Not at all relating that to this situation, just saying, don't always believe everything from the internet.

I believe that Jessica really did pass :( But there are still some things that we don't know. Might never know. It is so easy to dismiss things prematurly on the internet. :(

zippy-kat
07-28-2003, 08:56 PM
THAT I TRUELY doubt. EVEN if this is a hoax, in my opinion, there is no way Jessica could be a man. With all the contests she held, her intense love for birds, how talked of Tiki, etc. that girl was no man. I know we can't be certain, but no way. I truely truely cannot find myself believing that. Poor Jessica. :( If what her mother said was really true, than poor poor Jessica and her family. :(:( Can't imagine how they will feel after reading this. :(:(

It wasn't to be taken literally....

Cookiebaker
07-28-2003, 09:24 PM
I must admit that I have been having the same doubts as some of the others here.

I find what Moosmom said about "the fact that if it were MY daughter that was killed in a tragic accident, the LAST place I'd be in is on a website posting in threads. I'd be with my family grieving for my daughter. " That was one of the very first things that crossed my mind.

I'm not saying that it isn't true, just that I'm not convinced beyond the shadow of a doubt. I personally think that sometimes teenagers and young people (especially) tend to feel a little insecure and need to know how much other people appreciate them & what they have to say, and thus use attention getting threads.

And if it is true, then I truly am sorry for her family and loved ones left behind. Losing a family member is very hard and not anything to make light of. My heart aches for anyone who has lost a young daughter.

ramanth
07-29-2003, 09:34 AM
Hoax or not, I would still donate for the animals.

But what I don't agree with is making changes to Pet Talk in honor of Jess if we don't have proof 100%. Forced or not, what a way to get the attention you wanted by having something dedicated to you. But that's Karen and Paul's decision and I back them with whatever they decide.

Yes, Jess wasn't a troublemaker... she could of been not who she seemed..... there are just too many scenarios.... :confused: :(

micki76
07-29-2003, 10:06 AM
I’ve not posted very much on this subject simply because I was suspicious at the first post. I’m 35 years old. Old enough to be Jessica’s mother and I can tell you if I were in Mary’s shoes the last place I would have been on Friday morning when I went home to change clothes was here, telling strangers (to me, Mary) that my little girl was in critical condition in the hospital. I know everyone is different, but I personally just found it unusual.
I searched all weekend and yesterday through the Massachusetts death notices and will now search through the Missouri notices if they’re available.
I will still make a donation, though.

kimlovescats
07-29-2003, 12:09 PM
From the start I wondered how/why a mother who's child was just hit by a car and lying in the hospital would rush home and hop online to a message board that her child frequented to talk. I'm sorry, but I don't buy it! I think someone has seen how generous we Pet Talkers can be when one of us is in need ... and is trying to take advantage!

:(

Christiansmommy
07-29-2003, 12:15 PM
The only thing i can guess, is if she (the mother) was desperate for prayers and felt like she could get a lot of them from this board...and so she stopped by to let us know out of desperation.

I dont know, but either way, i hope it is a hoax...b/c then a little child would still be alive.

(((HUGS)))) Mary.

Robyn

micki76
07-29-2003, 12:44 PM
Me confused....................

starting to doubt the situation as well. :confused:

I'm not doubting Jessica. I don't think she was that type of girl. What I'm thinking is maybe, *if* it is a scam, maybe this is her family's way to get her off the forum, since they didn't want her here before. :confused:

PCB, if this is some sort of hoax, I'm truly sorry for you. You'll be the one most hurt by this, but I will be glad if Jessica's ok.

2kitties
07-29-2003, 12:56 PM

I'm not doubting Jessica. I don't think she was that type of girl. What I'm thinking is maybe, *if* it is a scam, maybe this is her family's way to get her off the forum, since they didn't want her here before. :confused:

PCB, I know you are upset by all this and I feel for you probably more than anyone. But, I think that you know that NO FAMILY outside of the Jerry Springer set would EVER even joke that their child was dead. No matter the situation. If they wanted her offline, they'd take her computer. They wouldn't fake her death.

Alas, if this is an experiment gone out of control, I think it is this girl's own doing, not her parent's or anyone else. If I am right, I don't think she expected things to escalate and people to be genuinly hurt. So I don't think it was malicious at all.

aly
07-29-2003, 01:49 PM

I sort of agree. But I don't know :(

Remember last time, they just told her she wasn't allowed and they let her post goodbye? Wouldn't they do it that way again?

I had the thought it might be her brother messing around. She may have been off spending the night at a friend's house while he did it. Then she might have come back and seen the uproar and been too embarrassed to post. But I think she would at least PM PCB. ... so I don't know.

I'm sad and confused. I have been crying for Jessica so much. I am grasping at straws here and trying to find a way it could be a hoax only because then I would feel extremely happy that she is still alive.

Mary - We all care so much for your daughter and your whole family. We are not doubting you, but are exercising caution since this is the internet. We don't want personal information, but perhaps you could call Karen? She's very nice and great to talk to.

allanimalswelcome
07-29-2003, 02:14 PM
I'm really sorry to say I doubted this death from the moment I saw her mother post. I'm sorry but it's true. Too many people I know have been involved in internet scams and I'm really cautious.

I probably will still donate money though not because of Jessica but because I love animals.

~Rachel

bluekat
07-29-2003, 03:22 PM
omg, I just typed a really long post and it said I was not logged in, and now its gone! ok, I'll start again.

I'll be honest. When Jessica's mom first said that she was in the hospital, I had no doubts about that. Then, when she said that Jessica has gone to heaven, it kind of got me thinking. If someone in my family had died, it would take me weeks to come on here and post about it. I would be too sad to even do anything. (Jessica's mom, sorry if what we're saying is hurting your feelings if we're wrong, and I'm really sorry)
So after about 2 days, I asked my dad if it would be on the news if a girl died from a car accident. He said if only it was really serious. Then I told him everything about how Jessica's mom came on and told us she died. I don't think he believed me. He asked me how Jessica's mom was able to get on her username without the password. But I just think that it automatically logs in when you get on this site with her computer or something like that. Or maybe she knew Jessica's password. My dad also asked me some other questions, but I wasn't really listening because I was kind of mad he didn't believe me at that time.
So I really don't know what to believe now.

*if* it is a scam, maybe this is her family's way to get her off the forum, since they didn't want her here before.
That's what I thought at first too. But saying that she died? That would be really mean if it was true to get her off this forum.

*sigh* so I really don't know what to think. I'm really confused. I don't know.

popcornbird
07-29-2003, 04:29 PM
That is why till now, I still believe Jessica has left the world. I wouldn't think any parent would ever fake their child's death to get them off a board. I still think Jessica did suffer from the terrible tragedy. :( Its just that I have questions, as to why its not on the news, etc.

Jessica12345 is currently signed in. Jessica's mom, dad, whoever you are signed in, please, please clear things up for us. We are really grieving for Jess along with you and want to know more details. I really hope you won't be hurt by our discussions. We recognize that you are well aware of internet dangers and its important to always be cautious. We are only being cautious, because we don't know, but if indeed Jessica has left the world and returned to God, I truely apologize and grieve with you for the loss of such a wonderful child. Please, please do us a favor and contact Karen, or just make it clear. Thanks, and I'm truely very sorry if we are wrong to have such concerns. :(

sasvermont
07-29-2003, 06:53 PM
I may be wrong, but this entire thing does sound a bit odd. This would be my last place to visit if my daughter was in the hospital, in critical condition.

There is something strange about not being given an address or name of a funeral home...school fund....charity etc.

If I am wrong, then I am truly sorry.

I think it is a kid's game that got out of hand. Again, if I am wrong, I am truly, truly sorry.

I have no problem with contributing to a fund in Jessica's name, regardless.

There are just too many child-like key strokes to this story.

Sallyanne

Jessica, where ever you are, be safe.

Christiansmommy
07-29-2003, 07:00 PM
I was thinking the same thing; for instance, my husband visits a forum that specializes in the type of car that he drives...and if something ever happened to him; that would be the LAST place that I would think to tell people. I would be out of mind with other things... logging onto the computer would not have been one of them. The only way that I would figure there would be a need to post here, would be to ask for prayer...where you could recieve vast amounts of it...being that this is worldwide.

Anyway, i too am sorry (and have been ever since i heard about this), if this is indeed true, my prayers have gone out to the family...many times. If it isn't true, then i am thankful that Jessica is okay.

Robyn

allanimalswelcome
07-29-2003, 07:01 PM
I know...no news at all? When someone in my town was killed in a hit and run it was everywhere and whenever something bad happens on that street the incident is brought up again.

If Jessica is indeed gone I am extremely sorry.

~Rachel

CamCamPup33
07-29-2003, 07:14 PM
Im also skeptical about this too.. Why would her mom be coming on everyday to look around when the posts about jessica arent visible to eye (2nd page).. what would she be looking for other than this..? She said its too painful for her to keep coming on her username but if her user name keeps showing up why would she still be on? I dont know im just being cautious looking at all the sides of it... I really think this is a hoax.. but you know i could be wrong.. im not too sure.. Jess if you are still alive Please Please Please just fess up and tell us if you are still alive... we are grieving so bad over you and if this is not true then we wanna know.... Please jess.... I have also looked and i found nothing on her or a girl named jessica in her area.. This happend a few days ago it should be already in the paper.. Listen im sorry if i seem to "jump to conclusions" but its just odd thats all.. We are just all looking at all the possibilites.. Im glad someone brought up the topic because i kinda had that thought run through my mind too.. So look pcb we dont mean any harm really we just wanna know the truth.. Some info.. I also find it strange that her mom had to change her clothes.. lol this sounded weird but.. If i were in the hospital and my mom or sister or other family were in critical condition i would much rather stay there with them in case something happened.. You know i wouldnt let them out of my sight for a minute because seeings that they are *IN CRITICAL CONDITION* it could be my last hours with them.. That may have sounded completley disgusting.. lol im a clean freak but if it came down to it i could wait a day to change.. Im just too confused.. Why would jess do this though? Im thinking she may have wanted attention?? Forgive me if im rood but im just letting all options be open.. So i guess what im saying that i hope this is a hoax.. Well im sorry if im wrong and everything but its just kinda questionable..

tikeyas_mom
07-29-2003, 07:30 PM

If anyone wants more of an explanation, please feel free to PM me. I posted somthing like this befor. :o. Karen suggested I edit it ...

apcrs5122
07-29-2003, 07:56 PM
I'm feeling very confused as well. As alot of people have said, a message board on the internet would be the last place I would be in this situation. I *hope* it's a hoax also, that way Jess would still be on earth with us. Please, Jess, if you are still here, let us know. We are in great pain, and are grieving so much for you. I'm so very sorry if this isn't true, and Jessica really has left us. I still pray that she is alive.

Pam
07-29-2003, 08:08 PM
I was just sitting at dinner earlier with my hubby and he asked about Jessica, as I had shared this story with him the day it occurred. Even though he is not a Pet Talker and wonders how I can spend so much time here, he was immediately drawn into the sadness of what had occurred. He has asked if there were any updates a couple of times now because it is all so sad.

I related to him some of the questions everyone seems to be raising. I have to admit too that I highly doubt that I would have been on the computer at such a horrible time, but I figure that people under stress often do things that don't make sense.

Well my husband summed it up pretty well. He said that no matter whether the story is true or a hoax it is sorrowful all the way around. If Jessica is gone it is a tremendous loss for us here at Pet Talk as well as her family. If it is a hoax it is also sorrowful because that means there is someone out there who is very cruel indeed.

I have prayed for Jessica's family nevertheless. God knows the situation and if my prayers have been for naught that's OK. I'm sure He didn't mind listening to me.

gini
07-29-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Pam

Well my husband summed it up pretty well. He said that no matter whether the story is true or a hoax it is sorrowful all the way around. If Jessica is gone it is a tremendous loss for us here at Pet Talk as well as her family. If it is a hoax it is also sorrowful because that means there is someone out there who is very cruel indeed.

And very sick!

Pam, I don't think a prayer ever goes wasted. I like to think that God takes the "leftovers" and applies them where needed.

allanimalswelcome
07-29-2003, 08:27 PM
I still think it might be what someone said a few pages back. Maybe she was trying to see how much the people at Pet Talk cared about her.

Needless to say if it is a hoax I will be pissed because someone played with our emotions.

~Rachel

Kfamr
07-29-2003, 09:17 PM
Even if it IS a "hoax", we have lost a great member of our board as she is no longer posting with us everyday. No matter WHAT happened it is very sad, even if someone is faking her death. If she is faking her death, I hate to say this but she really isn't as sweet as we saw her then. Faking someone's death is SICK and evil.

No matter if it is a fake or reality, we can always build a fund. There's no reason not to go on with a great plan just because someone had played a joke on us.

We could make it the "Lost Members of PT Fund" ... For EVERYONE's losses, whether it be friend, furbaby, or another board member. It could be in their memory.

zippy-kat
07-29-2003, 09:32 PM
For what it's worth:

A couple of years back, I received news that my then-boyfriend (almost fiance) left me. 20 minutes later I found out my grandmother had suffered a massive heartattack. The first thing I did was vacuum the living room.

When I learned from the vet that Sophie had died, my legs buckled; dad caught me and sat me on my bed. I counted shadows on my wall for a good 30 minutes and then posted on pet talk.

If I were in the hospital, I have no doubt my mom would be on my computer asking PT for prayers. She knows how much my friends here mean to me (and hopefully, me to them). I'm sure she would probably keep you guys as up to date as possible, granted --unless there were major changes-- she probably wouldn't post every day nor take the time to search the other forums. AND IF SHE DIDN'T POST, you can bet she'd let Staci or Gini or one of my other close friends know via email. Were I the least bit conscious, I'd ask her to....

But.... I **KNOW** my mom would make it "legit" by providing phone numbers, addresses, etc.

Rachel, if this is a hoax, don't be pissed. Mourn the fact that someone sank this deep to take advantage of good hearts...then say a small, warm "wish you well" message and let it go.

allanimalswelcome
07-29-2003, 09:38 PM
I agree people do weird things in these situations but the posts seemed...not like an adult would type. That was one of the things that was going through my mind.

Zippy-kat I think now I'll just not post on the subject anymore.

~Rachel

gini
07-29-2003, 09:53 PM
HAS EVERYONE SEEN THIS THREAD?

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31278

zippy-kat
07-30-2003, 12:04 AM
Maybe it is -- Maybe it isn't.

Teen's Death by Drunk Driver (http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/210/metro/Woman_arraigned_in_teen_s_death+.shtml)

There are conflicts in time as the "Jessica" posts are EARLIER than those reported by the paper.

tikeyas_mom
07-30-2003, 12:20 AM
somtimes ppl lie over the internet, Tiki, an jordan and jewls could have been other family members pets, or friends pets, she could have lied about having a brother and she could have lied about her age, popcornbird you can trust ppl over the internet, you just cant. a gurl here last summer met a gurl over the internet and got to be good friends with her, they met and she wasnt a she, it was a man and he raped her. just an exapmle my mom had just brought up to me, you cant believe everything you hear over the internet.

zippy-kat
07-30-2003, 12:20 AM
I don't think its Jessica. Jessica does not have a pug, cat, and fish. She very often posted pics of her Tiki and Jewels and Jordan, so that is evidence that THOSE were her pets. She said she was 14, and her mom told us of the incidence before the newspaper incidence even happened. The names are different too, and Jessica, according to what she said, was not an only child. She had a brother.

Yet again playing devil's advocate, if it IS a hoax... that could've been Jessica's friend, NOT Jessica.

For all we know, Jessica could be on vacation and it could be the petsitter writing these msgs.... OR "Jessica" might not even be her real name - her real name could be the one mentioned in the paper .... OR Jessica could, as some suggested, be alive and well posing as her mother, writing about her lost friend...

I don't know but I'm tiring of this.

I'll get the fund information up, then let it go.

Jessica, I hope you are out of harm's way. My thoughts are with you and your family, regardless.

tikeyas_mom
07-30-2003, 12:22 AM
Yet again playing devil's advocate, if it IS a hoax... that could've been Jessica's friend, NOT Jessica.

For all we know, Jessica could be on vacation and it could be the petsitter writing these msgs. OR "Jessica" might not even be her real name.... OR Jessica could, as some suggested, be alive and well posing as her mother and writing about her lost friend...

I don't know but I'm tiring of this.

I'll get the fund information up, then let it go.

agreed.

Nomilynn
07-30-2003, 12:24 AM
I don't think its Jessica. Jessica does not have a pug, cat, and fish. She very often posted pics of her Tiki and Jewels and Jordan, so that is evidence that THOSE were her pets. She said she was 14, and her mom told us of the incidence before the newspaper incidence even happened. The names are different too, and Jessica, according to what she said, was not an only child. She had a brother.

If anything the article proves there was "kindling" around her area for a good story. That's the whole point. Obviously stories like this make good media grabbers. Anyone who had access to Jessica's name/password could have taken a news story and made it Jessica's story. It just does NOT make sense that nothing has been published about this. It also does NOT make sense that "mom" has been posting but refuses to give out any factual information. I'm sorry, but I found this whole thing suspicious from the start. This article just confirms even more to me that Jessica's particular story does not seem truthful :(

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-30-2003, 08:12 AM
Many of you have voiced opinions which I was too embaressed to. I immediately wondered because:

- If any of my children (I have 3) was in a critical condition in hospital wild horses would not drag me away from their bedside.

- Someone with NO CLUE as to how a bulletin board works manages to: (a) post in the first place; (b) post in the appropriate section and (c) include a whole bunch of "smileys"

- maybe just a coincidence but "Jessica" and her Mum both spell "beleive" i.s.o. "believe", and also miss out apostrophes quite often.

I seem to remember a "Cancer Death" hoax a few years ago, which was found out because after the daughter "died" the "mom" continued to post on the daughter's web site, and people began to pick up consistant miss-spellings and incorrect grammar.

I have also looked for references to the accident on the net, and found none.

I am reserving my opinion.....

BUT what I will say is that it is a sad reflection of the world we live in, that we respond with such suspicion to any unproven bad news, and equally sad that we have so much reason to be suspicious.

Pet Talk still remains my favourite place on the whole web, and I do feel like I have an extended family here, but I bear in mind that family members do sometimes hurt each other, even if they don't intend to

micki76
07-30-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
Anyone who had access to Jessica's name/password could have taken a news story and made it Jessica's story.

Not possible. Melanie Jane Powell was hit by the car at “about 4 pm on Friday”(eastern time) Jessica’s moms post that Jessica had been hit by a car was at 8:58 am (eastern time) on Friday. This is just a weird coincidence.

Denyce
07-30-2003, 10:21 AM
For me the proof is in the fact that yesterday afternoon at about 5:30 according to Popcornbird someone using Jessica's computer was on PT. There have been days worth of this back and forth "did she didn't she stuff". If the story was true why didn't whoever was online yesterday post SOMETHING to prove what had supposedly happened. They didn't. Nothing was said. As far as I am concerned that there says it all.

Denyce

jenluckenbach
07-30-2003, 10:26 AM
For me the proof is in the fact that yesterday afternoon at about 5:30 according to Popcornbird someone using Jessica's computer was on PT. There have been days worth of this back and forth "did she didn't she stuff". If the story was true why didn't whoever was online yesterday post SOMETHING to prove what had supposedly happened. They didn't. Nothing was said. As far as I am concerned that there says it all.
AGREED

- Someone with NO CLUE as to how a bulletin board works manages to: (a) post in the first place; (b) post in the appropriate section and (c) include a whole bunch of "smileys
And she used the "quote" feature in her responce to the
"can anyone get ahold of Jessica's parents?" question that I posted.

allanimalswelcome
07-30-2003, 10:26 AM
I said I wasn't going to post on the matter anymore but...

I seriously think this was a child's prank that got way out of hand.

The thing is when people lie online or in the real world they never expect people to think deeper or do their own research. My mother told me this and I believe it. Perhaps she didn't think people would ask for proof it happend or people to start wondering "If my daughter was in a car accident would I be online?"

That's my opinoin. I'm done now.

~Rachel

micki76
07-30-2003, 10:32 AM
AGREED

And she used the "quote" feature in her responce to the
"can anyone get ahold of Jessica's parents?" question that I posted.

I know. It took me a ton of posts before I figured out how to quote someone using the little quote button! :rolleyes:

bluekat
07-30-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by micki76
I know. It took me a ton of posts before I figured out how to quote someone using the little quote button! :rolleyes:

That was just what I was going to say! It took me a looong time. and it also took me very long to find out how to use the Enhanced Mode.:p

Nomilynn
07-30-2003, 12:34 PM
Not possible. Melanie Jane Powell was hit by the car at “about 4 pm on Friday”(eastern time) Jessica’s moms post that Jessica had been hit by a car was at 8:58 am (eastern time) on Friday. This is just a weird coincidence.

um.. it IS possible to see a story on the news and say to yourself, "if I change a few details I can make that about me/someone else." THAT is what I was referring to.

micki76
07-30-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
um.. it IS possible to see a story on the news and say to yourself, "if I change a few details I can make that about me/someone else." THAT is what I was referring to.

:o Sorry, thought you were referring to this particular story.

aly
07-30-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Denyce

Denyce

She's been on a whole lot more than just yesterday. Even Friday and Saturday her name was online a lot. I wasn't here much on Sunday but I did see her online that day too.

When my grandmother died a couple months ago, the whole family was so busy with funeral arrangements and things that we barely had time to stop and eat. And when we did have time, we stayed together as a family and no one went to the computer or anything.

I know people grieve in different ways, but there are WAY too many questionable things going on here. I would *NEVER* post anything like this unless I was sure, or at least pretty syre, that we are being scammed.

I am disappointed and would still really like to know what is going on. I would prefer the outcome be a hoax though. That would be much better than a child losing her life.

Sudilar
07-30-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by aly
I would prefer the outcome be a hoax though. That would be much better than a child losing her life.

I wholeheartedly agree with aly.

Nomilynn
07-30-2003, 01:01 PM
:o Sorry, thought you were referring to this particular story.

no problems :)

allanimalswelcome
07-30-2003, 07:20 PM
Sorry to bring this up again,

I sent a PM to Jessica12345 asking to please come to this thread and verify that Jessica did indeed passed.

PM tracking showed she did indeed read the message but didn't reply. I also found out she logged about an hour ago. I really cofused as to why anyone would be coming to this message board frequently when a family member has just died.:confused:

~Rachel

CamCamPup33
07-30-2003, 07:23 PM
yes, i also sent a pm.. mine wasnt read.. And i went to see what she was veiwing and she was veiwing cockerspaniels.. now why would the mom veiw that, with such grieving to her daughter? And we never know she could be under a new username for all we know.. i have more to say but i forgot :rolleyes: :D

allanimalswelcome
07-30-2003, 07:25 PM
If she got a new username why would she still be coming on Jessica's?

~Rachel

Kfamr
07-30-2003, 07:27 PM
Just another thing, I realized... "Jessica" often posted LOTS of "Smilies" within her posts as well as "Jessica's Mom".

I honestly don't think I believe what has been said to happen.

allanimalswelcome
07-30-2003, 07:30 PM
Guess who's on the message board now?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

~Rachel

CamCamPup33
07-30-2003, 07:30 PM
no maybe jessica got a new username and she could be talking to us as.... Kiera or someone.. yes kayann as well as spelling beleive like that instead of belive..

allanimalswelcome
07-30-2003, 07:31 PM
I meant if she had a new username WHY would you keep coming on Jessica's if she has supposedly passed on?

~Rachel

Logan
07-30-2003, 07:32 PM
I think we should let this go. If everyone was sincere when we first heard the news then Jessica is missed regardless of what happened.

I'm with the others who hope it really didn't happen.

CamCamPup33
07-30-2003, 07:33 PM
hmm i dont know.. but shes veiwing the thread now

allanimalswelcome
07-30-2003, 07:34 PM
How can you find out what threads people are viewing?

CamCamPup33
07-30-2003, 07:35 PM
go to the homepage and it says at the bottom currently active users and click it..

allanimalswelcome
07-30-2003, 07:36 PM
I agree. Time to forget.

Foam
07-30-2003, 07:36 PM
I think it's a scam..Look, if Jess doesen't respond, then it HAS to be her! I would think that her mother would respond to something like this, am I right?
Jessica12345 l Viewing Thread A Fund For Jessica @ 5:32 PM (Mountain Time)

Jessica, if you REALLY did fake your own death, you can IM me on AIM (Got Cayter) me any time you like. I understand, and you have my promise that I will not tell anybody. :)

allanimalswelcome
07-30-2003, 07:38 PM
You understand? Can I ask what that means?

~Rachel

CamCamPup33
07-30-2003, 07:40 PM
if she did there is NO excuse.. she has just messed with our emotions. but i dont know..

moosmom
07-30-2003, 07:46 PM
I think we should let this go

I wholeheartedly agree. This is getting old REAL fast and to be honest, I believe it's a hoax and think it is sick and disgusting for ANYONE to play with member's emotions this way.

I'm done!!

Kfamr
07-30-2003, 07:47 PM
If it has been a "fake death" may the person who "faked" it rot. I cried for two days and nights straight. I hardly even know the girl. It has caused many upset emotions and is not funny or smiled upon.

Foam
07-30-2003, 07:49 PM
Allanimalswelcome-
Maybe she just wanted attention, I could understand THAT. ;) Sorry for the confusion..

CamCamPup33
07-30-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
If it has been a "fake death" may the person who "faked" it rot. I cried for two days and nights straight. I hardly even know the girl. It has caused many upset emotions and is not funny or smiled upon.

exactly.. i dont think that this should be "dropped" because this isnt a thread that just should be dropped.. look if she faked her death thats serious and it shouldnt just drop.. im sorry if im offending anyone..

GoldenRetrLuver
If it was a faked death, I honestly would be upset. Somebody played with our emotions and its not funny. I don't really know why anyone would do this...

Kfamr
"Wanting attention" is NO excuse. I'm not saying that you think it's an excuse. It's just not exceptable.

Kfamr
07-30-2003, 07:51 PM
Hmm I'm off subject here... but Julie, I sorta do kinda like that Sig, lol.

Foam
07-30-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
if she faked her death thats serious and it shouldnt just drop..

I agree. This is definetly not something that we could just 'forget'. You know that YOU could not forget this. It would always be in the back of your mind, how disgusted you are with her about doing this.

CamCamPup33
07-30-2003, 07:53 PM
lol no you arent kayann.. im not sure i could bring myself to talk to her again if she came back :rolleyes:

Foam
07-30-2003, 07:54 PM
Kay-
I agree that it's not acceptable, I mean that I know we ALL want attention at times, but it's definetly WRONG to just toy with our emotions like that..

GoldenRetrLuver
07-30-2003, 07:54 PM
Hmm I'm off subject here... but Julie, I sorta do kinda like that Sig, lol.

The one you made or me? :) I love it too.....lol

Kfamr
07-30-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
The one you made or me? :) I love it too.....lol

LOl, Yes.... At first I didn't like it... Maybe it would have been better with the text the same color.

GoldenRetrLuver
07-30-2003, 07:57 PM
LOl, Yes.... At first I didn't like it... Maybe it would have been better with the text the same color.

LOL, I think it looks great. :)

Foam
07-30-2003, 07:58 PM
Okay, then I can say that I LOVE the bottom picture in your sig, Kay? :p It's SO cute!

Kfamr
07-30-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Foam
Okay, then I can say that I LOVE the bottom picture in your sig, Kay? :p It's SO cute!

Hehe.. Thanks... Simba Didn't enjoy the horse on him though. :p

Foam
07-30-2003, 08:01 PM
Horse? Lol! Lmao ;)

Kfamr
07-30-2003, 08:05 PM
Yes, Nala the Deer-Galloping Horse.

Kfamr
07-31-2003, 09:43 AM
Hmm... "Jessica12345" is on right now... whoever it is.

bluekat
07-31-2003, 09:49 AM
Yes, she was online. I pmed her and asked if she could come and clear everything up, but right after I sent it, she got off.

micki76
07-31-2003, 09:57 AM
She didn’t stay on long…

Kfamr
07-31-2003, 09:58 AM
I also sent her a PM last night.. No reply.

bluekat
07-31-2003, 10:02 AM
She didn’t stay on long…

She got off minutes after I sent her that pm.

micki76
07-31-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by bluekat
She got off minutes after I sent her that pm.

Figures. :rolleyes:

Sudilar
07-31-2003, 10:39 AM
Just a thought and then I'm dropping this..

Could it be her little brother, just checking? If he is younger than she, then he would not want to acknowledge any posts, because he is under the 13 yr. old rule? If his parents were so cautious with Jessica joining, would he get in trouble with them by sneaking a look at PetTalk?

I sure hope it is a hoax and Jessica is ok.

Now, I will say nothing more about this.

allanimalswelcome
07-31-2003, 11:52 AM
I highly doubt that.

Rottieluver45
07-31-2003, 12:14 PM
Just my two cents! :D

Would you guys welcome her back, if she did fake her death? If she`s still alive she probably thinks we all hate her for doing this. Some of you might!

Do you think her little brother would know the age limit and how to do all that stuff. With the quotes? Maybe her parents are making her do this, but I know that my mom HATES it when I talk about my death! She tells me to stop talking b/c she hates talking about it. She always says"I`m gonna die b/4 you so we don`t need to talk about that.":rolleyes:

Jess, if you did fake yor death,I don`t hate you for doing this I just don`t understand why? Why would you do something like this? We all liked you so much! Evewn if you are some Big guy sitting on the couch eating chips...you were still fun!

If not, my deepest apologies go out to her family!

Kfamr
07-31-2003, 12:21 PM
I "Jessica" faked her death I would not welcome her back into our "family" as she was before. I wouldn't hate her, I just would not like her, at all. She has caused many members to sadden including myself. I cried and cried just because of this and if it was all "fake" I will be very angry. It is a sick a cruel thing to "fake" your death. She could have just left.

catland
07-31-2003, 12:22 PM
Jessie - are you reading this?

Nothing could make us happier than to know that you are ok. If this is a prank or joke that has spun out of control, please talk to us and let us know. I think that there are many of us who could find it in our hearts to forgive a prank if we received a sincere apology.

When I first read the awful news, my tears were real and my grief was real. I would gladly cry more tears of joy if it meant you are ok.

If nothing else, I've seen just what a wonderful, generous group of people inhabit PT. It makes me feel good to be part of such a caring group.

allanimalswelcome
07-31-2003, 12:26 PM
I wouldn't hate her but like Kfamr said it would never be the same. How could we trust her? How could we believe anything she says?

~Rachel

bluekat
07-31-2003, 12:30 PM
I agree with KayAnn, I wouldn't like her either. I am so confused. If she did fake her death, why? She wasn't hated here or anything. When I found out that she had died, I had cried and cried too. I thought about her every night and just cried. Even though I have never met her, I couldn't get over it.

Kfamr
07-31-2003, 12:34 PM
And I know this probably means nothing but as i cried i out my thoughts into words, i wrote a poem. I made a signature. I spoke over it with my parents. I cried with my parents. I cried while speaking with other PTers on AIM. I was heartbroken.

And now, i just don't know what to think. Is it real? Is it fake? Why? Why did it have to happen either way? I'm confused.

allanimalswelcome
07-31-2003, 12:36 PM
I was sad and I barely knew the kid.

Now I feel so...cheated? Didn't she relieze that she couldn't get away with this?

~Rachel

allanimalswelcome
07-31-2003, 12:39 PM
PCB people have been looking for any news that a girl named Jessica was killed in a hit and run and have come up empty.

If her brother did this then why hasn't she PM'd someone like you and tell you what happened?

~Rachel

Kfamr
07-31-2003, 12:41 PM
Yes, If someone else was doing this.. where is she telling us it's all fake?

It's just weird. Her typing skills are all the same as her "mother's"... and nothing leading up to the story being true.

allanimalswelcome
07-31-2003, 12:51 PM
But her brother is still coming on and looking at PM's?

~Rachel

Kfamr
07-31-2003, 12:56 PM
I don't know. It's all weird. Nothing goes to a straight point. there's too many different stories surrounding "Jessica".

bluekat
07-31-2003, 12:58 PM
and whoever it is that's on could've replied to our pms, instead of just leaving when I pmed. The person could've just said something.

popcornbird
07-31-2003, 01:07 PM
That *person* replied to one of my PMs, when I asked how she's doing, believing its her mother. This was her reply:

Jessica12345 wrote on 07-26-2003 09:11 PM:
Thank you so much. :( :( :(

Jessica really cared about you, too. She was always talking about you and your tiels, but i never understood how she could love and care about someone on the internet. :( Now i know why. :( :( :(

I will be staying On Pet talk, but not on Jess's Screen Name. its to painful. Although i may not post for a while.

:( Tiki is in a state of depression right now, just like me. But it is like she knows... that her mom isnt coming back. :(

I wrote to her again yesterday, asking her to make things clear. No reply at this point. :confused: :confused: :confused:

allanimalswelcome
07-31-2003, 01:11 PM
Well,

I still think if my daughter died I certainly wouldn't be on the computer browsing posts.

Another thing- notice that as soon as people started asking for proof Jessica died "Jessica's Mother" stopped posting, stopped replying to PM's.

~Rachel

Kfamr
07-31-2003, 01:11 PM
Again- Notice the many "Smilies".

It's just weird how someone who didn't want their child on a board automatically knew how to post, reply and even use "Smilies".

apcrs5122
07-31-2003, 01:27 PM
I'm also very confused. I agree with what Kayann is saying. Also notice that she used the word 'tiels'. I *think* Jessica used that word. Why did her "mother"? I would think that she would use 'cockatiels' not 'tiels'.

allanimalswelcome
07-31-2003, 01:33 PM
Plus if Jessica's mother didn't eant her here in the first place why would she even bother to tell us that Jessica died?

Randi
07-31-2003, 01:43 PM
Would it be possible to contact an authority in the state she lives/lived and get some info on whether she died or not? There must be some record! But then it's most likely not accessable to just anybody.

Is it possible for Karen and Paul to check/compare IP's to show from which machine/server the user has sent? Someone could also have registered in a new name by now, but from the same machine. Just a thought.

I agree that there seem to be many things not adding up here, but no one really knows for sure what happened.

I hope she's alive/unhurt (if she's Jessica at all) and I hope that it's someone else who did this!

I also noticed that someone is online as jessica 12345 and if that is her mother, I would certainly defend myself to these accusations.

If it's a hoax, I'd delete the whole thred, because that someone is obviously having fun following it!

apcrs5122
07-31-2003, 01:45 PM
She's on right now 'Using Private Messaging System'.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-31-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by apcrs5122
She's on right now 'Using Private Messaging System'. I noticed she (or someone using her name) is on too. If we don't get a reply to all our questions, I vote that we all stop posting ANYTHING about her on any thread. Then if someone is just doing this to see our reactions and what we are saying, they will be out of luck.:mad:

allanimalswelcome
07-31-2003, 01:50 PM
And guess what? Now she's read every message that I sent.

~Rachel

bluekat
07-31-2003, 01:52 PM
I was just checking "who's online" and she was reading this thread.
So Jessica, or Jessica's mom, or whoever using that name, please say something!

apcrs5122
07-31-2003, 01:52 PM
She's read mine also

apcrs5122
07-31-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by bluekat
I was just checking "who's online" and she was reading this thread.
So Jessica, or Jessica's mom, or whoever using that name, please say something!

I did too. Once it said that they were replying to it, and then they weren't.

HoRsELUvR
07-31-2003, 01:58 PM
I just hope we get some more information on this soon.I dont want to say anything until we find out what happened.

tatsxxx11
07-31-2003, 02:01 PM
Randi, in the U.S. such records, traffic accidents, death notices/certificates are public info. under the "freedom of info. act." You'd have to know what state/town and the person's name, though. We don't know where Jessica (real name??) lives or her last name; only an appx. age. I would just like those of us who cared so much for her, who grieved so much over her "death," could have some relief from the uncertainty. I for one would be thrilled to know that a life was not lost. No questions.

slick
07-31-2003, 02:18 PM
Well, I've kept quiet until now. Putting myself in Jessica's shoes, if I, or another member of my family, were to pull such a stunt, I would just delete the cookies in the computer. That way when go to the PT forum, I'm not logged on but can still view all the responses. But then again, maybe she wants us to see how often she's logged on.......just to keep us in suspense....

I'm on the fence about this one. Don't have a clue what to think.

Cataholic
07-31-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by 2kitties
But, I think that you know that NO FAMILY outside of the Jerry Springer set would EVER even joke that their child was dead.

Now, why did you have to bring Jerry Springer into all this? Don't you know that Cincinnati, as a community, is still sick over him???

Randi
07-31-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
Randi, in the U.S. such records, traffic accidents, death notices/certificates are public info. under the "freedom of info. act." You'd have to know what state/town and the person's name, though.
According to what "she" wrote herself in one post, she lives/lived half an hour from Boston.

It's so sad if she did die, but it's just as sad if she didn't and there are that sick people on the loose pulling a stunt like this!

Cataholic
07-31-2003, 02:37 PM
Randi,
Living half an hour from Boston could put her in three different states.

Really, I think the fact that her mom was on here posting while her daughter was in critical care...and, since she died shortly thereafter, it must have been pretty critical...I just don't get her coming home to pick up clothes, and post on the internet. I can't remember, either, if she said she was coming home to change HER clothes, or pick up clothes for Jessica. If it is the latter, that would just be strange, as I think they still make you wear gowns in ICU....

Cataholic
07-31-2003, 02:38 PM
I just double checked....Jessica's mom was home picking up a few things for JESSICA. What ever would you need in ICU?

gini
07-31-2003, 02:43 PM
This Is Jessica's Mother, Jessica Was Hit By A Car....

Hello everybody. I cant beleive it, but its true. My daughter, Jessica, is in the hospital right now in critical condition. She got hit by a car while walking down the street going to play basketball. I've been crying ever since it happend, and i havn't slept yet. I can't beleive it. I'm home right now just getting a few things for her and thought i would inform you. I am not sure if this post will even get posted though, because I dont know how anything works here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Johanna, you beat me to it........but this was Jessica's Mother's post...........

She sure found out how to post smilies, and she knows about private messages.......but, yet, she didn't know how "anything works here".

tatsxxx11
07-31-2003, 02:49 PM
Catholic...throughout my career as a nurse, I have worked solely in ICU's. Not only are such personal items, as a rule, not allowed in ICU's, (especially with a newly admitted patient, in such critical condtion) there is no need for them. Parents of children in such a tenuous state, in my experience, do not leave the bedside, let alone the hospital, less than 24 hrs. after their child has been admitted. Our hospital provides facilities for showering, food, provides cots for sleeping, etc. Anything from home that might be needed, such as a change of clothes for the parents, is usually picked up by other family members/friends. That was the one thing that struck me as very odd on Friday. Jessica's mother going home to pick up some of Jessica's "things."

Randi...I checked all of the death notices from the Boston Globe/State of Mass. for Fri. July 25-28th on line and nothing that fits these circumstances was found.

As someone who has for almost 20 years, had the unenviable job of attempting to comfort and console parents who have tragically lost a child to a drunk driver, or under any circumstance for that matter, I am offended beyond words and horrified to think that anyone could even begin to consider such a "hoax." It offends everyone who has ever had to deal with the loss of a loved one.
2 kitties...I understand what you're saying, but if this is the extent to which young adults (at 14, she is that) will go to validate their existence, get attention, we are a very troubled society indeed. Jessica was very loved here and I think she knew that. She did not appear to me to be depressed or insecure. I think whomever has perpetrated this hoax, whatever her intentions, is in need of help. This is not, in mind, an "understandable" adolescent response to insecurity. I am very worried for the emotional well being of this person. I don't, for one, appreciate having been one of the victims of her "experiment." It was not harmless nor was it a game, except maybe to her. Sadly, this has given me great pause as to whom and to what extent I will be opening up to strangers on the internet in the future. I've always been so trusting by nature and for that reason, my family and friends warned me of the pitfalls of the internet when I got my computer. Now, "alarms," such as this will be viewed with great skepticism and suspicion; I don't like feeling like that.:( Whomever Jessica is, I hope she or he will have the courage to come forward and explain what has transpired. Despite your actions, many here still care for you. Forgiveness is in abundance on Pet Talk. If you needed affirmation that you are loved, well, I guess that has been proven true.

gini
07-31-2003, 02:54 PM
Sandra, God Love You! Unfortunately over the years, I have had cause to be in ICU visiting a friend who later passed away. I remember at the time being so grateful to the nurse who was on duty. She had a way of leveling everything out, if you understand what I mean. You got the feeling that absolutely EVERYTHING was being done for my friend, but at the same time, they were very protective and caring.

2kitties
07-31-2003, 02:57 PM
Seriously everyone, this is a game gone out of control.
She is a young girl who wanted to perform an experiment. This is not unusual for people that age who suffer from insecurity. She wanted to see if people really cared about her and how they would feel if she died.
Some insecure 14 year old girls think about this kind of thing. Online, she found a perfect outlet to make her experiment.
But I doubt she bargained for the outpouring of hurt she received. She got in over her head and has bailed. Now she comes back in to read.
I don't think she had malicious intent with her hoax. She's young, not mean.
I guess I don't understand why so many people are shocked about this.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Jessica is alive and well and this was her doing, no one else'.

allanimalswelcome
07-31-2003, 03:01 PM
I understand that but it still was a cruel thing to do. People who barely knew her were crying their eyes out and offering comfort to her family.

Perhaps she never meant for it to get so out of control but it did and she should have never done it.

~Rachel

HoRsELUvR
07-31-2003, 03:07 PM
I understand why she would want to try something like this.Im sure she didnt want it to get out of control.I would just be happy if I knew for sure that she was ok.

Rottieluver45
07-31-2003, 03:29 PM
I really wish we could settle this! I now believe that she is still alive. (Wow this is *kinda* like tupac) I hope that she is and she comes on and tells us....I really want to know! I hope this doesn`t go unanswered!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-31-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by allanimalswelcome
I understand that but it still was a cruel thing to do. People who barely knew her were crying their eyes out and offering comfort to her family.

Perhaps she never meant for it to get so out of control but it did and she should have never done it.

~Rachel I agree and it would go a long way to making us feel better if she would just 'fess up' and let us know she is still alive.

Foam
07-31-2003, 03:45 PM
You know she's not gonna do that :rolleyes:

boscibo
07-31-2003, 03:51 PM
I agree with the others, it would be so much better if we really knew what was going on.

I figure that sooner or later she will post, I mean she has 2000+ posts in six months. She obviously loves posting here and will probably post again.

I have seen this sort of thing happen before, and it gets to be too hard for the poster to refrain from posting. She probably didn't think this through too well, and didn't realize that by posting this story she would be cutting herself off from a place she likes to come to. If she does try and come back under another screen name, I'm sure we would figure it out fast.

wolfsoul
07-31-2003, 03:54 PM
I didn't think that Jessica would do this --- Now I admit to having my doubts. From the beginning I wondered if her parents were the ones up to this. At first I was afraid to talk about it -- Now I'm not.

There's too much to doubt, to many doubts if not untruths. I've removed my signature saying goodbye. I guess enough goodbyes have been said. I don't think she's coming back...I wish she would, I would really like to know what is going on....

I've searched and searched all over the internet. I've looked everywhere for any deaths occuring that day. I've found somewhat similar deaths, but nothing like this particular one. It just doesnt make any sense to me.

I was very saddened. And even now, I'm just as sad. Why would anyone lie about such an emotional thing? Nothing here makes sense. I really hope that Karen or someone else can find out if she's really gone or if she's still alive. At this point in time, for me, any news, good or bad, would be a relief if it was only the truth.

Aspen and Misty
07-31-2003, 04:30 PM
I agrre with almost everything Kayann has been saying, just so you all can relize my point of veiw on this.

I would also like to say what a wonderful bunch of people you are all. We all cried for the lose of a loved one, a loved one who none of us had met but she still was a great friend. I find this great, I personally dont' see why "Jessica" would do this to see if she would be missed. I feel loved everytime I sign on to pet talk, just because of teh replys I get to my post or because someone took time out of there day to tell me about there pets. I do however see why she would do this to see is she was really wanted her. Alot of teenagers feel that no one loves that and that if they were to drop of the face of the earth that no one would care, so I can see a little why she might have faked her death to see the respons. I personally think Jessica is alive and I thank god for that, I would rather her be alive then be dead. The heart ach a mother feels when she looses a child is un descriable and I just pray that Jessica's mother didn't have to feel the pain of loosing one of her kids. Or that her brother and sister didn't have to feel the pain of looseing one of there brothers or sisters.

Jessica-

I'm asumming you are reading this thread. I would just like to tell about a recent incounter I've had that I will never forget. While away in South Carolina. (*Every word of this is true I swear on my heart it is)

On our very last day. I got up, did my hair and was in the bathroom with my mom. I heard crying coeming from the other bathroom and deced to go over and comfort what I thought was my sister. I stepped into the bathroom to find my brothers friend Benn balling his eyes out. Why? he was upset because We were leaving Abbye behind and we got to say goodbye to her. He lost his brother 6 months ago in a car accedent. He balled the whole time we said Goodbye becasue he never got to say bye to his brother, he never got to hug his brother one more time. you should have seen the pain in his eyes, the pain in his voice and she shouted at us to tell each other we loved each other. You should have seen the tears rol down his red checks. You should have seen him grip his necklace that had his brother nick name on it. I will never forget this sight and I will never ever take one moment with anyone I love for granted. See, You need to understand that although you don't feel like no one loves you they do. I'm sure if Benn could go back in time he would without a doubt do eveyrthing and anything in his power to have his brother again. I know this seems like just a joke to you, but you need to know that to those who have lost a siblin before, its the worst thing that could ever happen to them and they will never forget, when my motehr was little she went away on vacation with her mom and dad. While they were gone her brother shot himself in the head. She regrets not noticing his pain and helping him through it. She, like Ben, would give anything to go back in time to just say I love you one more time or to hug him. And to this day, she still rembers the lonliness she felt when loosing him, 30 years later She STILL rembers the pain! Your family will never ever forget the pain the feel when they loose you one day. My mother can describe to you the un frogetable pain of having to loose a brother, 30 years later, 30 years later and she still crys every once and while she still rembers baring him she still rembers not ever being able to say goodbye. So please, Jessica, promise me you will never ever ever fake your death again because Death is not a funny thing and it effects everyone around you, I know your family loves you. I know they do.

::Steps Down from Soap Box and gets a tissue::

Ashley

Barbara
07-31-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by 2kitties
Seriously everyone, this is a game gone out of control.
She is a young girl who wanted to perform an experiment. This is not unusual for people that age who suffer from insecurity. She wanted to see if people really cared about her and how they would feel if she died.
Some insecure 14 year old girls think about this kind of thing. Online, she found a perfect outlet to make her experiment.
But I doubt she bargained for the outpouring of hurt she received. She got in over her head and has bailed. Now she comes back in to read.
I don't think she had malicious intent with her hoax. She's young, not mean.
I guess I don't understand why so many people are shocked about this.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Jessica is alive and well and this was her doing, no one else'.

This is exactly what I feel since yesterday. I can understand her closer friends who can't believe or are upset but being also in the older group here I think she must be terribly confused and sorry now -because she destroyed something for herself which meant a lot to her: a place where she could talk about her beloved pets and where she met people who really cared.

Jessica: if you read this: you may see there are people here who will be able to forgive you. You have made a mistake -this is what happens in life. But it is in your hands to correct this mistake. Please try.

slick
07-31-2003, 04:53 PM
hmmmm I see she's on again.....

allanimalswelcome
07-31-2003, 04:55 PM
I still stand by my old statement:How could we trust her? How would we know when she was telling the truth?

~Rachel

sammi
07-31-2003, 04:58 PM
I have not wanted to post on this either - but I can't help it.......... 1st I thank the person who brought this up. I felt doubts that night but was too chicken to post anything in fear that you would think I was a cold hearted bit_h.

2nd I don't feel it was really. odd that her mother was on the internet (for a few min.) maybe she was waiting for her ride back to the hospital etc.. I have dealt with many deaths in my life personal and at work - reaction was somewhat different each time. What she might have picked up for her daughter could have been religious etc.. I don't know.

I have felt very hurt by this thinking its a death and grieving as you all have - then realize it may be a hoax. No parent in their right mind would "fake their childs death". Who ever has been on line here under her name - if its her mother I think she would have posted something. We don't need to know all the info. but I thought she would have posted when the funeral was etc. It seems more and more lkie a hoax. It may have started out with a friend joking and saying " I type in this and see what they say etc. on a dare etc." Never thinking all the pain it would cause & how fast it got out of hand. And too afraid to speak up.

PLEASE SPEAK UP AND TELL US WHAT HAS HAPPENED - I can forgive.

If she is not dead then she or someone must be hurting - because they know what they have done. And she can post under 10 different names - it will catch up. This also will affect her own homesite and her yahoo email add.

If we don't find out soon maybe Karen can get her phone records from when she talked with her mom (if she did) and call the parents. Or Yahoo can get involved and contact the owner of the computer. Believe its illegal to post that type of info. if not true.
Sorry about spelling

I hope she is alive and well.

Dogz
07-31-2003, 06:37 PM
I haven't posted on this thread, because I didn't really know what to say. I mean, Jessica and I pmed each other a lot, and we Jewels and Otis were going to be in the couples contest.
Just like sammi said:
felt doubts that night but was too chicken to post anything in fear that you would think I was a cold hearted bit_h
I had my doubts too. I mean I was crying, and I told my mom and she asked me, "Why would her mom be on the computer if her daughter was in ICU?" I just was like, "Her mom was getting some of her things." And my mom said the same thing that some others said, "You don't need to bring anything into ICU." I didn't really know what to say. If this is just a hoax, then I am not too shocked. You never know, it may not even be a fourteen year old girl, but it might be too. I felt horrible for days after the news of Jessica's death. My mom kept telling me that she's more likely to be alive than dead. I didn't really think about it. I just thought.. well I don't really know what I thought exactly. I thougth that maybe I could trust her or something...well, I just wish that we could figure this all out... or I wish that someone would speak up.
I too, hope that Jessica is alive and well.

tatsxxx11
07-31-2003, 06:41 PM
This is what is SO sad and upsets me so greatly. That so many, sweet, loving, TRUSTING, very special young people have had to suffer this. Their hearts have been broken and they are confused. Just look at the heartbreaking signatures that have been made in tribute to their friend.:( It breaks my heart that such innocent young people had to learn this sad life lesson. I hope and pray that somehow, "Jessica" will find it in her heart to speak to her friends and explain herself.

sasvermont
07-31-2003, 06:55 PM
It seems to me, that if you are someone's friend, you have their home address or phone number. Was Jessica on the Christmas card list? I cannot believe she would not have given out at least what state she lived in...... and if she was so close with so many people, why don't they know more about her? Seems odd to me, in many ways.

It is such a shame no matter how you look at it.

Crikit
07-31-2003, 06:56 PM
Why would anyone from this site hack into another members account and do something so maliocious? Yes we have disagreements and yes there are some members that just don't get along. But I seriously don't think that there is anyone on Pet Talk that would sink so low as to do such a thing.

micki76
07-31-2003, 06:58 PM
I just thought of something. Its a horrible thought, but I believe its possible.

WHAT IF someone hacked into her account, somehow, and did this? What if her parents and she had no idea? What if she was gone on vacation and a pet sitter did this? I still find it hard to believe Jessica would do such a thing, ever, but we'll see.

Its a scary thought, but what if someone from this site hacked into her account? :(

Sweetie, I know you're hurt by all this, but you're really grasping at straws. I for one am hoping it is a hoax, so that a young woman will stil be alive, and I know you are too, but I know you don't want to think your friend would do this to you. I'm so sorry, PCB. :( :( :(

Cookiebaker
07-31-2003, 06:58 PM
The thing is, Popcornbird, that suppose it WAS a hack job. Wouldn't she come back and say "hey hey hey I didn't write that!" I know I WOULD! If she truly was innocent, she wouldn't be embarrassed to admit that somebody else took over her account.

Aspen and Misty
07-31-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
It seems to me, that if you are someone's friend, you have their home address or phone number.

I consider me and popcornbird to be good friends (lets hope she thinks the same, LOL) But I could not tell you where she lived, whats her phone number or even what her real name is. But I still consider us to be friends.

Me and Wolfsoul are good friends. I know her name, but I don't know her phone number and adress. And to be honest if she delated where she lived I would have no clue :o

I mean, I know your just trying ot make a point, but I mean just cause Jessican does not give out her home adress and phone number to people on the internet does not mean we are not friends with her.

Ashley

wolfsoul
07-31-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty

Me and Wolfsoul are good friends. I know her name, but I don't know her phone number and adress. And to be honest if she delated where she lived I would have no clue :o

I know your name too! LOL. :p I can't even remember where you live...:o

I've been to Tikeyas_mom's house plenty of times, but I have no clue what road she lives on...and I can't remember her phone number lol. Is it 4604? Or...4764? or something? Help Jynnelle lol

Dogz
07-31-2003, 07:30 PM
Yes, I agree with you Ash.

I am still greiving because of Jessica. If this isn't a hoax, I am truely sorry Mary. My thoughts are prayers are with you family. But, if this is a hoax, then I just don't know what to say. Like Ash said just because she didn't give us her address it doesn't mean she wasn't our friend.
When I first saw the post I believed it 100%. I was so sad when I saw the post the Mary had posted. My daughter is in heaven. I started bawling. I didn't think twice about it.

Emma

allanimalswelcome
07-31-2003, 07:32 PM
Same here but then when I looked over the posts carefully I was like "What a sec..."

I do think this is a hoax and I really think Jess needs to step up and say something.

~Rachel

wolfsoul
07-31-2003, 07:34 PM
...she's on...

And looking at PMs...

I feel like a spy :p

allanimalswelcome
07-31-2003, 07:34 PM
LOL me too.

She's on! Must follow every move...:D

lizbud
07-31-2003, 07:38 PM
Good Lord you guys, I can't believe the morbid fascination
with this thread. This ongoing, endless discussion of is she or
isn't she ? It's kind of like passing a train or car wreck, people
slow down to look....but don't want to REALLY see the blood &
guts on the road. Or do they ? Weird, very weird..

It's like how long does everyone want to go on" beating a dead
horse" ? Do you really think if this is a hoax that the person who
is responsible for it will come back online and explain their reason
for it? Not likely. And if this whole thing is true, how could you
ever forgive yourself for doubting a grieving mother? Either way
I feel this subject has been beat to death already & any further
comment is just to blow off steam. It's over, one way or another.
I choose to move on with my life. I wish you peace "Jessica".

Dogz
07-31-2003, 07:39 PM
I'm really confused... when somebody says that Jessica is on, I look, and she isn't on under mine...:confused:

wolfsoul
07-31-2003, 07:39 PM
She's on! Must follow every move...

*007 theme song plays in head*

*Has sudden urge to walk flat against a wall and pull out a revolver*

:D

micki76
07-31-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Dogz
I'm really confused... when somebody says that Jessica is on, I look, and she isn't on under mine...:confused:

That's because she never stays on for more thana a few minutes. :rolleyes: