PDA

View Full Version : Big and Small most popular

thebing
07-25-2003, 09:01 AM
Is it true that men like big dog for pets and women like small dogs for pets?

And what is the most popular breeds for men/women?;)

pitc9
07-25-2003, 09:24 AM
My fav is GSD, as well as my hubby's fav!

lovemyshiba
07-25-2003, 10:38 AM
I don't know if it's necessarily true that women like small dogs and men like big dogs. In some cases, sure, but not all.

I like them all, but I'm not fond of the toy dogs so much--except for a Pappillion--I want one someday!!!!

denver83tet
07-25-2003, 10:43 AM
I don't think it is true. Well, not at my house anyways. I prefer big dogs, my significant other prefers little dogs. :)

GoldenRetrLuver
07-25-2003, 11:46 AM
I dont think is true, I love big dogs. They fit my lifestyle. :)

GSDgurl
07-25-2003, 11:47 AM
I don't think it is true either....for I love BIG dogs.

:cool:

ChinookCrazy
07-25-2003, 05:21 PM
I agree with everyone else...I really think it depends on the person. I really like bigger dogs, but don't mind smaller ones (although, I'm not really a huge fan of many toy breeds). My brother likes bigger dogs, but loved our little Westie (our first dog...now watching over us from heaven). My boyfriend doesn't care about the size, he just goes for the whole 'bulldog-ish,' 'pit bull-ish,' 'boxer-ish' look. I think it just depends on the person...and the dog's personality. I'd rather have a sweet, tiny dog than an obnoxious, mean, larger dog.

But, then again, that's just my opinion. ;) :D :)

binka_nugget
07-25-2003, 05:31 PM
All my favourite breeds are medium/big...but I don't have anything against small dogs.

tikeyas_mom
07-25-2003, 07:48 PM
well my dads favoret dog is the alaskan malamute, my moms is the shih tzu lol. BIG difference.

cali
07-25-2003, 10:39 PM
lol my mom likes little tiny dogs, I like medium sized dogs, and my brother likes huge dogs, no idea what my dad likes, but he had small to medium growing up.:p

Pam
07-26-2003, 07:08 AM
Though we may have differing ideas on lots of things, hubby and I agree on this one. We love poodles and it doesn't matter what size they are. It can be an 8 lb. toy, a 15 lb. miniature or a 45 lb. standard. Poodles are our heart. http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/love/1luvu.gif I am not saying that there aren't a zillion other breeds that we both admire, but we have been drawn to poodles like magnets over the years. With us the issue is not size but breed. That said, for me as I am getting older and prefer to do most of the grooming of my dogs myself, I think a smaller dog is easier to care for these days although Bella is no problem at all (just a little heavy getting into the bath tub!) LOL! :rolleyes:

anna_66
07-26-2003, 08:07 AM
I don't think it's true.

We have 3 dogs and all of them vary is size and breed (Rottie, Siberian & Chow). We all love all of them equally.

thebing
07-28-2003, 10:28 AM
I most say that a lot of men that I no go for big dogs ? and not for small dogs like Spaniel

halter91
07-28-2003, 10:35 AM
I think it's somewhat true...I'm 6'5" 285lbs. Could you see me owning a Poodle. Nah, I love my Box-Weiler. He's a house!! lol!!!

Kfamr
07-28-2003, 10:52 AM
I don't think it's true.

Personally, I prefer big dogs. I'd take any dog that I was able to though. :)

Crikit
07-28-2003, 12:17 PM
I don't think it's true. I prefer medium dogs to small dogs, in fact the only small dog that I like enough to own would be the Papillion, which could be why I own one.

kingrattus
07-28-2003, 09:45 PM
I'm 100% female & I really don't like small dogs very much, I find them too aggressive, & yap none stop. Anything over 60pounds is my kind of dog, but I fancy, black labs, rotti's, pitt bulls, GSD, dobbs, masstifs & thats just about it. I like strong dogs, ones I can play fight with.

Max & I use to fight so rough my dad always broke us up. & then it was time to put cold water on my arms from all the bite marks & claw marks. I miss those days, Max is too old now & doesn't like to be tossed on his side & sat on anymore (not with all my weight of course, just enough to keep him pinned until he wiggles away with my arm in his mouth. It was soo funny once, Max had me pinned down & was jumping on me & nipping my hair & pulling on my pant leggs. I wish I had a camera in those days, it was soo funny to watch. I lost most of the time too.

Tonya
07-28-2003, 11:20 PM
I prefer large dogs. They make me feel comfortable and secure. When I am sad, I like to burry my face in their fur and hug them. On the other hand, my husband prefers small dogs. He thinks large dogs are to big to own in town.

thebing
07-29-2003, 05:29 AM
I'm about 6'2 tall and 18 stone and I cannot see myself with a small dog, I do no that a lot of women like big dogs, but I do think that more women than men like small dogs?:eek:

MammaMangorin
07-29-2003, 05:31 AM
I like all dogs :D

ParNone
07-29-2003, 12:15 PM
I'm sure there's a psychological reason behind which type
of dog each of us chooses. I'm 5'8" and somewhat reserved
and I've been told I'm intimidating on first impression, which
I hate. I've always wanted to be outgoing and approachable
and when I was younger and more insecure about my height,
I wanted to be smaller. So I was drawn to small, cute,
friendly dogs, hence how I ended up with 2 Cairns.

Now that I'm older, I don't get as bogged down with myself about
appearance, but I do still want to be approachable. Big dogs
now hold just as much attraction for me, but they still need to
be really friendly, or at least preceived to be friendly, hence
how I ended up with a Collie. Although I do get some peace
of mind that I think he'd protect me if need be, I don't want
him warding anybody off, if unwarranted.

Par...

thebing
08-12-2003, 03:57 AM
What about breeds what is the most popular breed of all?