PDA

View Full Version : This is Ricky...

bisi.cat
07-25-2003, 07:24 AM
...unfortunately he doesn't live with us:(

As Nellie isn't good with other cats ( and all cats were relieved when she left the shelter...sigh!) we accepted this and tried to find other ways to help cats in need...one day I've found a wonderful website of a cat shelter in Frankfurt and it didn't take long until we became members...I used to sew blankets for the cats and collect old blankets from friends and family to send to them...this year's vacations we visited the shelter and on that occasion we've met Ricky...now he's our sponsor cat, that means we donate a certain amount for him each month (unfortunately Frankfurt is quite far away, so we can't visit him often)...Ricky is one of the unadoptables...he's at the shelter for three years now, he's a cat with an attitude, he doesn't like to be picked up, he scratches and nips without any warning...so over the years no one showed interest for him :( :( :(
I was really tempted to take him ( and so many of the other cats there) home, but I had to collect all my senses...
I still hope he will find a good home...

Please take a look at him and enclose him in your prayers for finding a suitable home!!!

Barbara
07-25-2003, 07:28 AM
Oh Ricky you look like quite a character. And you are very handsome with your big paws. We are glad to see that at least you have a comfy bed where you live but I am sure it would be better to have a human to love (and bite once in a while).
All the best luck for you:)

Edwina's Secretary
07-25-2003, 07:29 AM
With that splotch on his nose he looks like an orange version of Edwina! What a cutie. And that shelter looks so cozy and clean!

Logan
07-25-2003, 09:00 AM
He is so handsome! I'm just glad that he has such wonderful accomodations while he awaits the perfect person to come adopt him. The generosity of people like you certainly helps them to maintain this good life for cats like Ricky.

Thanks for sharing and for caring!

Logan

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-25-2003, 11:02 AM
Aww...Ricky is adorable! Even though it's not the best furrever home, it looks like he lives quite comfortably. But Ricky, you don't have to bite and scratch everybody, they just want to take care of you. But I'm sure when that right one comes through the door, you will know it and you will let them know that you are the one they're looking for. :)

sheltielover
07-25-2003, 11:07 AM
Ricky is VERY handsome!!!! :D

denver83tet
07-25-2003, 11:09 AM
What a beauty! :)

rg_girlca
07-25-2003, 11:33 AM
Wow I was expecting to see him in a little cage like they usually are at shelters. But the surroundings are really nice and comfy looking.
I would take a cat like Ricky(LOL that's my hubby's name) as I seem to be more prone to take in the underdog.

I pray and hope that he will find a forever home.

HayleyRosie
07-25-2003, 11:36 AM
What a wonderful idea. Being able to donate money for a cat like that. I wonder if we could start something like that around here?