PDA

View Full Version : Chest pains

binka_nugget
07-25-2003, 04:29 AM
For the past few days, I've been getting weird feelings on the left side of my chest. It's not exactly painful but just a weird feeling. I don't think I've done anything different than usual that could have caused this. The only thing different that I could think of is that I've stayed out in the sun alot more but I drank alot of water to stay hydrated. I guess I'll ask my mom to take me to the doctor if it doesn't go away in a few days. Any ideas on what it could be?

joycenalex
07-25-2003, 06:56 AM
ashley, it's a good idea to see the 'human vet'. i had a case of costochondritis, it's an inflammation of the covering of the ribs. my areas of small but noticeable discomfort/weird feelings were along my strenum/breastbone. it was more painful when i was doing lots of pulling/yard work/shoveling type motions, really using those ribs and muscles. i was given anti-inflammatories, it took a week but i eventually felt better. depending where and how you describe your condition to the doctor it could be many other conditions, so i think you should go.

primabella
07-25-2003, 09:14 AM
Hope you're okay. :) Maybe you pulled a chest muscle while you were sleeping or while taking the sun. I got pains like that for awhile and it was because I pulled a muscle really badly.

wolfsoul
07-25-2003, 10:05 PM
I get shot pains sometimes --- I don't know if it's what you have. They are like shots of pain that spread, all throughout your chest/back, making it so you can't breathe or move. It really hurts. I still have to talk to my own doctor about it lol.

Koneko_kokoro
07-26-2003, 12:18 AM
i get pains in my side when i run ...eheheheheh.... lol.... yes.. you should go to see the doctor... i hope you get better!!!^^