PDA

View Full Version : Help! They're Everywhere!

anna_66
07-24-2003, 06:04 PM
The vet had told us that walking Angus up hills would be good for him, so I thought "Oh yea, there's a little park only a few miles from our house that would be great!" Little did I know that we were going to be attacked once we got there:eek:

I've never seen so many mosquitos in my life, they were everywhere!!!

They mostly just swarmed around Angus's head, but I think I was covered with them (oh no, am I going to get west nile virus now
:o ). I tried to bear it (for a total of about 20 minutes) till Angus was ready to go. Thank goodness he gets tired fast;)

I know we've had quite alot here as of the last week, but nothing like that!

Does anyone know of any good bug spray for humans-I have some good stuff for the dogs, but I think I was their main target tonight:eek:

How about you guys...have you had many more mosquitos than usual?

tatsxxx11
07-24-2003, 06:17 PM
Oh, poor Angus, poor Mommy:(:( You're such a good Mom to have weathered the bug attack for your sweetie. You're right. It was probably worse for you than for him! The mosquitos here are pretty bad too, this year. I use any one of the repellents with DEET in it, spray or lotion. That's what's recommended as being the most effective against those nasty buggers. For the "girls," we switched from Frontline to Advantix this year. In addition to killing AND repelling the fleas and ticks, it also is very effective against mosquitos. I read that one doggie last year did contract West Nile from mosquito bites:( Hope sweetie Angus had fun, despite the attack! He must be pooped:) Give him hugs and kisses for me, ok?? And I hope you weren't too badly bitten, Anna:(

Andie
07-24-2003, 06:27 PM
There is a rice field right outside our end of town, I know about mosquitos! I haven't found anything this year that will keep them off me. They don't really bother the dogs. Maybe our mosquitos just want human blood repellent on or not.

primabella
07-24-2003, 06:33 PM
Poor Angus and you! Mosquitos suck...literally (lol I just realized I made a pun :D ) Hope you don't get West Nile. Doubt it though.

I try to stay away form parks or fields around 5-7pm. That's when they all come out for us. My brother goes to play soccer sometimes and comes back with a bunch of bites.

iceyshiver21
07-24-2003, 06:58 PM
Try living in the state with 10,000 thosand mosquitos breeding lakes! wow. lol.

hehe...Everytime I get bit by a mosquitos I yell "I GOT WEST NILE!!" lol.

Bet your not "iching" to go to the park for awhile.

Cincy'sMom
07-24-2003, 07:22 PM
I know my parents said they haven't been going into the Dog Park in the evening because the mosquitos are so bad. They have just been walking the dogs instead. I guess one positive of living in the "big city" . We haven'tnoticed too many :)

anna_66
07-24-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21
Bet your not "iching" to go to the park for awhile.
HEE!HEE! :p :D Nope I'm not!

tikeyas_mom
07-24-2003, 10:04 PM
I have only seen about 2 of thoughs buggers around here so far lol and they didnt last long around me, mahhhh *evil laugh*.