PDA

View Full Version : Plants and Pets....

Chinadoll
07-24-2003, 02:42 PM
After a long nightmare with 3 different mortgage companies, the condo I was going to buy got put back onto the market and sold while I was dealing with mortgage company #3. I'm so over the stress and anxiety. 4 days after it sold, my current mortgage company called back and said we have your financing in place.

With my lease for my apartment up in 8 days, I've decided to rent another place while I look for something else to buy. I don't want to spend anymore rent $$ in the place I'm at because it's too small and I don't like it.

Saw a place yesterday that I really like. Only one problem...wrapped arond the bottom of the stairs, is a built in garden. I'm sure whoever had the place before had a beautiful garden inside which probably flourished under the skylights. Now it's just dirt. The owner said he'll be happy to do whatever I want with it. If I wants plants, he'll get plants. Personally if it was me owning the place and not knowing who's going to rent, I'd take out all the dirt and put rocks and fake plants in.

I'd love to plant stuff in there, but I'm afraid that the cats will use it as a big litter box..and that'll they eat whatever plants I put in. I know there are some safe plants. Anyone have the link to the toxic vs. nontoxic plants for cats? I was thinking that if I decided to take on the plant thing and got safe plants that I could plant it and cover the dirt around the plants completely with rock/gravel. Would that work? Or should I just tell him to remove the dirt and fill it with rocks?

Any ideas?

NoahsMommy
07-24-2003, 03:22 PM
Here is a link: http://www.cfainc.org/articles/plants-non-toxic.html

I would be a bit wary of planting that planter because of the possible litter box confusion. The rocks over the dirt is a really great idea though, I bet that would help that a lot. :)

Would it look cute planted with grass? That's a pretty modern look and it would thrill the furkids. ;)

Fox-Gal
07-24-2003, 08:49 PM
The grass idea sound like a pretty good idea, throw in a little cat nip and it could be a fun place for your kitty's. You could always put in a few plants and a kitty litter box or two. If a box is right there, most cats will go to it before they use the grass area.