PDA

View Full Version : Hiding kitty- not Ebby! :)

ChrisH
07-24-2003, 11:14 AM
Oct 11 update at the end of the thread

My next door neighbours lawn is a little overgrown :rolleyes: and looking through my living-room window I saw a cat playing. But by the time I got the camera she had gone...or so I thought. :) On looking again I saw.....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/pb7777b7f4b08f7dbb5c45af5f84cc367/fb9601aa.jpg

Outside I went with the camera and got these shots..
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/pd522788c8e211784313f12ba5295b333/fb960193.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/ped451abb65c342f7e84c4602dd8c8ee2/fb960192.jpg
She is so pretty, all white except for that black sploge on her face and a black tail.

I either scared or annoyed him/her because she moved across the path to the ajoining neighbours lawn
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/p6daa332290d0e854dd6661935dc52d45/fb96019f.jpg
But only for a while, I saw her back in the long grass later.

Just in case you are wondering, she, actually I am guessing at she, :) anyway, she is not a stray, I know who she belongs to, though I don`t know her name.

:D :D

Barbara
07-24-2003, 11:19 AM
She's so cute with her face markings. Maybe you can make friends with her as time goes by:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-24-2003, 11:41 AM
She's so pretty! It would be neat to see her black tail on an all white body. That would just be too cute! :D

We had a new friend show up last night. Terry and I were upstairs when we heard this "cat noise" that I didn't recognize, so we went down to investigate. Well, we had the back door open because it was just beautiful here yesterday, and right on the stoop, immediately on the other side of the screen from Tubby....was Tubby! Yes! It was a black cat with a white locket, just like Tubby! I couldn't believe it, although he was a lot skinnier than Tubby - which indicated to me he was a lot younger.

Tubby was growling at him, and I could just see a major spat breakout through the screen, so I tried to get Tubby away from the door so I could close it. Well, he started this deep throat yowl thing, which started Peanut off on the same thing. :rolleyes: He almost snapped at me too, but I saw it coming and backed off before he let loose on me. The outside kitty didn't run away right away. It was almost like he wanted to be friends. But by the time I got T & P calmed down so Peanut didn't end up as Tubby's whipping post, he was gone. :( I wanted to go out and try and make friends with him. Oh well, maybe he'll come back again because it was obvious he was somebody's cat, not just a stray. Tubby really didn't calm down all night though, he stood vigil at all the back windows for who knows how long - I went to bed and he was still there, although he was in bed with me this morning, so he must have gotten tired at some point. ;) :D

Anyway, sorry for the long spiel, the white kitty is adorable Chris! Hopefully you can get a pic of her black tail. :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-24-2003, 12:12 PM
AWWWWWWWWWW

SO CUTE!!!
I love kitties with unique markings... well hey.. I love all kitties!!

She sure is a cutie pie
!!:D

NoahsMommy
07-24-2003, 03:35 PM
What a beautiful kitty!! I bet she enjoys her romps in the grass...how fun! :)

Has Ebby seen this white cat??

ChrisH
07-24-2003, 05:26 PM
Debbie, how strange it must have been to see Tubbys near twin like that! It is a shame it upset Tubby so much though.:( Please let us know if you see him again.

Kelly, I don`t know if Ebbs has seen him/her! I suspect she may have done during one of her window watching spells! :)

Sara, there is/was another kitty around a while ago with similar markings, all white with a sploge on the face but with a orangie ringed tail! Must be a sibling I guess. Haven`t seen it in a while though.

Barbara, I would like to make friends with him/her and other kitties around here, (and there are quite a few!) but at one time or another I have chased them away with a water spray from my back garden because they have been stalking the birds, and now, understandbly, they tend to run away when they see me. :(

Chris

RogueFerret
07-24-2003, 07:33 PM
I love to see the kitties with the big patches on thier faces like that.:) Thanks for showing us a picture of her (or him).:D

SANDY FROST
07-24-2003, 09:33 PM
What a pretty cute cat she is. I had a small skunk in my patio but no pictures.
Are Bob and Ebby getting along?
Sandy Frost

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-25-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by ChrisH
Debbie, how strange it must have been to see Tubbys near twin like that! It is a shame it upset Tubby so much though.:( Please let us know if you see him again.

We didn't see him last night, but I think we heard him. Again Terry and I were upstairs, with the door and windows open, when we hear this awful cat fight! :eek: :eek: I knew it wasn't T or P because it sounded like it was outside and further away, but I ran downstairs as fast as I could, and there's Tubby in the window, looking extremely interested in what was going on. Peanut was crouching down looking scared a little further back from Tubby. The cat fight was still going on, and it sounded just awful! So I ran outside to see if I could find them and break them up. I didn't see any cats at all, but as I ran up the hill next to the house, the fighting stopped - thank god! There are condos next to us and the lady in this particular one is the one that has the nasty orange cat that we've dealt with in the past. I told her son(?) off one time already about keeping the cat in because he was coming down and terrorizing T & P. Well, we haven't seen the cat in awhile, but it knows to run from us. I've never seen such a nasty cat. So this lady was outside calling for Fifi. (Fifi, I thought? What an idiotic name for such a nasty cat :rolleyes: ). She said she had heard it too and came looking for her Fifi. I'm thinking that what happened was this new little black boy happened to cross into nasty orangie's territory and a fight ensued. I just hope the little black boy was ok. Could care less about the nasty orange one. :mad: Terry was on the patio as I made my way back, and he cupped his hands to his mouth and yelled to the lady "Keep your cat inside!" It's just aggravating because now we can't even leave the door open on nice evenings while we sit upstairs. We have to be around to supervise every moment of open doorness, and T & P just love being able to sniff the breezes. They do sit in the windows and sniff, and I'm not quite so worried about that because the windows aren't at ground level like the door is. We went through all of this a few years ago, and things have been so peaceful since nasty orangie found out he had to avoid us, but I guess we're all on the vigil again. :mad: :rolleyes: The sounds do keep T & P occupied though. :rolleyes: ;)

And thanks for the interest Chris. :D

ChrisH
07-26-2003, 11:39 AM
Debbie, I do hope that was just an isolated incident and the orangie keeps on keeping away from your home!
I hate to hear kitty fights outside......come to think of it, I used to hear them regularly, especially at night (most cats are indoor/outdoor in the UK) but I haven`t heard any in a while, I am glad to say!
There are bully cats about though. Glenys a lady who lives close by, in my street, has three cats (I have posted pictures of two of them, PussPuss and Holly) but they are not the bullies, no, it is they who seem to attract them!
The first bully was Misty who lives/lived next door to me - she went missing a few weeks ago, also her owner has moved out, well, practically.... Anyway, Misty wasn`t very well looked after by the lady next door (she stopped allowing her indoors and used to leave food outside for her) so she, Misty, used to go over to Gleny`s home, miaowing pitifully ect, and Gleny`s, being the cat-lover she is, would give her food, and she also made a comforable shelter for her to sleep in. Misty though, wanted a little bit more than this, basically, to become a member of Gleny`s household, and to this end would attack the resident cats, she even got the best of Bammy, who is no pushover by any means. But after a while Misty seemed to realise that her bullying and stuff was not going to earn her a place in the family and so she spent more and more time looking for another cat loving home. She was spending a lot of time at another house not to far away and was coming back less and less, she hasn`t been around for about a month now. So, we hope that she has found the home she was looking for and is now living there very happily.
The second bully is a black and white tuxie that appeared a month or so ago. (pic attached) No-one knows where he is from, but as the estate I live on is rather large that is no surprise. When he does his rounds of the street, and that is most days, it is Gleny`s cats he chases most of the time!

Anyway, please let me know what is happens with your orangie street bully, hopefully it will be nothing!:)

Chris

ChrisH
10-11-2003, 02:39 PM
I found out cutie-cat`s name is Lucky and I got some nice pictures of him/her yesterday. :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/p29b28bfbe60535f9b7b397e089f9d900/fadbabbd.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/p70ca8ad339785e9b1cfe242b4b97ce2a/fadbabbb.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/p6c8587d638c92fe9c291b84f9d7727ff/fadbabb8.jpg

Chris
:D