PDA

View Full Version : August 7th..dooms day :(

slleipnir
07-23-2003, 08:08 PM
I get my wisdom teeth out on August 7th..I'm really nervous already...I'm such an idiot though, I'm sitting here complaining about being scared when a co-worker of mine has to get hers out on friday, only with her, the dentist says the roots are growing the wrong way an knocking out the roots to her other teeth! So they say her bottom teeth will fall out in like 3 months :( She musta felt like telling me to shut up..I feel bad now. The dentist never told me ANYTHING about my teeth..so I have no idea whats going on which scares me..but I think maybe I should consider myself lucky that I don't have to do that (or so I hope?!) but me being the stupid person I am still am nervous and worked up as ever..I wasn't even going to post anything on this topic at all till I was done (afraid of more horror stories) but it feels better to get it out..somehow..Sorry for the whining :(

GoldenRetrLuver
07-23-2003, 08:17 PM
Aww...Its actually not really that bad. I got two teeth pulled out yesterday. :p Im such a worry wart about things like that. You'll be in my prayers. :) Good Luck. :)

Kfamr
07-23-2003, 08:26 PM
Get some frozen peas to put on your jow when it's over with! :p

Cookiebaker
07-23-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Get some frozen peas to put on your jow when it's over with! :p

Hehe That's the ONLY good thing frozen peas amount to. :p

shais_mom
07-24-2003, 12:26 AM
It really isn't that bad.
Just don't eat/drink any milk products afterward. My mom gave me ice cream and after it threw it up she said "Oh come to think of it, you're sister got sick on that too!" It just curdles in your stomach. BLECHHY!
Good Luck!

captain
07-24-2003, 12:37 AM
Getting your wisdom teeth out .............. good luck!!!

Hope you don't look like a chipmunk :p :D

I was lucky. I had no swelling, no sickness, NOTHING!!!
Will be thinking of you ....:)

andrea_NMAggie
07-24-2003, 01:22 AM
My dentist keeps 'recommending' me to have mine taken out too. I'm sure it will free up some extra space in my mouth...but they've already come in straight, without any problems. I'm just being wimpy, thinking that as long as they're 'ok' then I'll just leave them right where they are! :D The word on the street (from all of my wisdom teeth-less friends) is that its not as horrible to have them taken out as we all think (fear).

popcornbird
07-24-2003, 02:22 AM
Ouch! I would be scared too. Good luck! I don't have my wisdom teeth yet, so I don't know how it feels. Do you have all your wisdom teeth out now or just the bottom ones? I think the bottom ones grow out earlier than the top. Good luck and here's to hoping it won't hurt at all! :p

joycenalex
07-24-2003, 06:27 AM
the dentist gave me an iv live of valium, i started counting backwards from 100, got to 97 and it seemed 2 seconds later they were waking me up to go home. my brother drove me to my moms' house where she spoiled me for 2 days, soup, jello, yogurt. my face was a bit puffy, i only used the pain meds the first day, and the worst part was how my breath/mouth tasted on the second day. i used warm water mouth rinses, then no alcohol ones later that week. i did fine. hope this helps, joyce

Airedalekisses
07-24-2003, 08:07 AM
It's not so bad! nice cold iced tea does wonders for the swelling if you have any at all-one good thing by having the teeth out you have a thinner face-that supermodel jawline-or so I keep telling myself. Good luck and don't worry!!:)

anna_66
07-24-2003, 08:25 AM
I hated having mine taken out too, but it really wasn't bad at all, just sore for a few days. So...don't worry about it:D

Amber_The_Pet_Lover
07-24-2003, 08:48 AM
Good Luck! I havent got mine yet, but Im sure it wont hurt at all, Try not to think about it. Think about your pets!~ hehehe:)

Kona & Oreo's mom
07-24-2003, 10:03 AM
It's really not as bad as we all hear about. Don't let anyone tell you their horror stories! Just don't listen! I had mine out recently after avoiding it for a long time (fear), and the anticipation was much worse than the actual procedure and recovery. You'll do great. I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Sevens
07-24-2003, 10:34 AM
I had all 4 of mine out at the same time a few years ago. Here are some tips:

Like people above have said, the frozen peas used as an icepack are very useful.

I didn't have any problems with milk products after the fact. Milkshakes from Wendys are great, just use a spoon.

MOST IMPORTANT THING-----DO NOT DO ANYTHING THAT WOULD CAUSE SUCTION IN YOUR MOUTH.... This should be in the doctor's instructions to you. I am specifically talking about drinking through drinking straws or smoking cigarettes. If you use a spoon like for soup or something, don't slurp/suck out of the spoon, just use the spoon to pour it in your mouth.

If you do create suction, you could dislodge a part of the skin in the incision area that is very important and you could get what is known as "dry sockets". Not pleasant situation, those buggers hurt a lot. Just make sure you skip the suction thing for about a week and you'll be fine.

And really, don't worry about it, like everybody said, the anticipation before the surgery is the worst part!

Good luck!!!:D

HoRsELUvR
07-24-2003, 02:42 PM
good luck!dont worry about it.i hope it goes smoothly and is not too painful.