PDA

View Full Version : What do you use for fleas on kittens?

Fox-Gal
07-23-2003, 01:44 AM
I have my "Heater Vent Kittens" and their mom, is a inside/outside cat. She was born in the wild and only puts up with the house because that where her kittens are. Problem is she bring in fleas to her kittens. I have treated her, but the frontline is not working on her for some reason.

What would you use on the Kittens? Their only about 3 weeks old. Would like to see if anyone has a better way then me.

Ideas? Please.

aly
07-23-2003, 03:31 AM
Use either Johnson's baby shampoo or Lemon Dawn dish soap. Give them a gentle bath in warm water. The lemon Dawn works best at killing the fleas. Just get some suds going, and wrap them in a cloth to let the Dawn sit for a minute or two. Then rinse them off and dry them thoroughly. I never put them down until they are bone dry.

jenluckenbach
07-23-2003, 04:58 AM
Repeat what Aly said. A bath. But no flea products are safe for babies, and be careful about mom too, while she is nursing. Use a flea comb to catch and then kill the fleas.

Blustang24
07-24-2003, 05:52 PM
i use revolution it seems to work well.

wolflady
07-24-2003, 07:09 PM
What a neat suggestion Aly! I wouldn't have thought of that! :o
:D

We use revolution on the young kittens at the shelter where I volunteer, and it seems to work well.

Fox-Gal
07-24-2003, 07:29 PM
Thanks guys, for the info. I'll give them a try. I gave them a bath...but didn't use the Dawn, so I'll see if that makes a difference. Maybe even the revolution too. :D I don't want fleas on them and not in my home also.