PDA

View Full Version : Is that a dog?

ChinookCrazy
07-22-2003, 09:45 PM
After plenty of debating, I decided to let the dogs meet my new horse. Well...I guess not all the dogs, just Scout (he's the only one mellow enough not to freak out Kentucky Blue, aka Tucky...my new Thoroughbred). I wish I had brought the camera...but stupid me forgot it.

Anyway, it was the cutest thing I have ever seen! lol.

I got out there and Scout was pretty confused with all the huge things walking around. He's a big dog, but compared to all the horses...he was a shorty. Even the ponies made him look small...lol. I had turned Tucky out in one of the pastures, and brought Scout out with me.

The two of them were a little hesitant at first...but Scout took the initiative to slowly walk up to Tucky. lol...it took about 10 minutes before they 'approved' one another and actually touched noses. Ah, sooo cute! :) Scout laid down next to Tucky while he grazed. Totally a Kodak moment...and I'm so mad I didn't bring my camera.

Anyway, Tuck and Scout are now best of friends...lol. I brought Tuck back into his stall and Scout followed us all the way into the barn and stood at the wash racks while I gave Tuck a quick shower. They are just too cute. ;) :) :D

clara4457
07-23-2003, 05:40 AM
Sounds adorable - you must remember the camera next time! :D

kingrattus
07-23-2003, 11:15 AM
Max met a horse the hard way. I was walking Max off leash in a ditch. I was looking at the horse & baby grazing & the next thing I knew Max was in the same field & I couldn't get him to come back.

I walked to the farmers house & told him my puppy is in his horse field & I really wanted him back. He took me to the gate & led me to max. I but Max on his leash, scolded him a bit (just told him he was being a very bad puppy) & started to hed towards the gate.

Well momma horse & baby were very excited to see people in her field & she was trotting past us & scaring the poo poo out of Max. The baby almost steped on him too & thats when I decided to carry him out (why did Max have to be a really heavy puppy, oi).

I have a cute story too.
About 6 blocks from my moms place, there is a horse statue (the size of a great dane). I always made sure I walked Max by it & pointed it out to him (Whats that Max!). As soon as Max saw it his fur would go up & the deepest meanest grawl & barks would come out of him. He hated that horse so much, he always pushed me onto the road far far way from it. hehehee

Oh & deer & Max do not mix at all. He hates the fact that they stair at him & will walk up to the truck with no care in the world. Max goes psycho, its too funny to watch.