PDA

View Full Version : Progress, Adventures, Setbacks

Edwina's Secretary
07-22-2003, 09:30 PM
Dear Diary,

My ability to write has been hampered by the frying of Blondie's #%$#^ DSL modem in an electrical storm (did you know modems have mothers????)

I have (had????) been making progress in my relationship with Snooty One.... We passed each other without incident....we eat turkey in the same room at the same time...in fact...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/pc62a04cd01956dadc0803eda1d199d7b/fb997db8.jpg

I felt that meant I could venture out more....exploring the territory...I looked out all the open windows and smelled the outside air again! I traveled to the room where SO sleeps with Blondie and Curly (was a bit frightened by the dancing monkeys on the rug...) I saw an open door with fresh air wafting in! Out onto a screened porch. It is wonderful. Blondie was there so I greeted her. MISTAKE!!! SO was there too. My greeting woke her and she ran me off...

Today she has been most unpleasant. I try not to let it bother me. I didn't mean to scratch her pretty little face but she has been so MEAN today!!!

While she was outside I found one of her toys for her....maybe that will make her happy????
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/p9d8c46e37635aded7571ead63f97d4ea/fb997dc7.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/peea6cc582f3cecdc9232ee67c0449391/fb997dcf.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/p7d24635ca5e48647b7ad3ad46a28d701/fb997de4.jpg

I'll let you know.....

Eddie

captain
07-22-2003, 09:39 PM
Ooooooo Eduardo ........... you are trying so hard!!

LOVE the pic of the table ..........

Chin up lovely boy. Victory is not far away ......:)

Vermontcat
07-22-2003, 09:42 PM
Finally an update from you Eddie!:)
I was starting to worry about you and the SO!
I am happy to see a photo of you two in the same room!
Keep up the good work and let Blondie rub that sweet belly of yours!;)

Cinder & Smoke
07-22-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
... the frying of Blondie's #%$#^ DSL modem
(did you know modems have mothers????)

Eddie ~

:D LOTSA puter partz have "mothers"! :p
Dad offin questions the parental history of our browswer!

by Eddie...
I have (had????) been making progress...

I didn't mean to scratch her pretty little face... but ...

OMG! EDDIE! :eek:

No "butz" about it!
Ya KANT be scratchin Princess Edwina's purdy face! :eek:

Curley an BG won't be able to save yur sorrie butt iffin ya keep
beatin up on Blondie's Lil Gurl!!
QUIT DAT!

Maybe you could ask BG to give you a manikure - trim off da *klawz* so at least ya don't leave any :eek: markz on SO's facebonez! :rolleyes:

Kummone, Eddie ~
Ya gotta *WERK* wiff us!!

AmberLee
07-23-2003, 12:26 AM
Oh Eduardo!!!

Perhaps finding Edwina's toys for her will help... Scratching the resident goddess is not a good idea though. Fingers crossed things will work out. I'm sorry to hear that the modem got fried. I'm sure that didn't help the general atmosphere. Fingers crossed that you make a wonderful four-some very very soon, big guy!

Fondly,

Amber Lee

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-23-2003, 01:04 AM
Thank goodness we got an update! I was wondering how things were going!

Some progress - at least you are eating in the same room! Hang in there Eddie - you are making progress!

(Maybe you should try getting dressed up - that may win over our little fashion queen!!!)

07-23-2003, 03:42 AM
what great progress!! Hum, maybe by next valentine's day???;) ;)

jenluckenbach
07-23-2003, 04:55 AM
I've been wondering about you, Eduardo. (Well, I kind of thought you'd be doing OK, I was REALLY wondering about Edwina)

Kona & Oreo's mom
07-23-2003, 09:37 AM
Eduardo, you look so cute peeking under the bed for Edwina's toys. I think for sure she will appreciate your assistance. Good luck!

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-23-2003, 09:58 AM
Eduardo...

how handsome you are!!!! and *rub*rub*rub* for you cute little belly!!!!!

looks like you and Edwina are making fine progress.... *kisses* for you both!!:)

sasvermont
07-23-2003, 10:17 AM
Dear Eduardo, take my advice and take your time with the S.O. She has been queen for some time and will have a difficult time of it at first, I am sure.

Please do not hurt Ms. S.O. since it will only end up hurting your savings account (Vet's are expensive). So take your time, and all will be fine. I hope.

Very truly yours,
Miley (with holes)

ramanth
07-23-2003, 10:41 AM
Oh Eddie! I'm so glad you are making progress. :) Hang in there cutie!

Randi
07-23-2003, 11:09 AM
Oh Eduardo, you ARE really trying hard, and I foresee you'll get a bit of exersize when miss Edwina is around, but I'm sure you'll succeed in softening her up soon. Eating in the same room is a giant step in the right direction. :D Finding toys for her should help a great deal too - if only she doesn't think you're stealing them! :eek:

Now that you have discovered the porch, I bet you'll want to go out there more - but you better check if miss Edwina is there before you make yourself too comfy! ;) Good luck, sweetie! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-23-2003, 11:12 AM
Yeah! An update! I was starting to get worried that the news wasn't good....

I'm glad to hear you're making some progress, Eduardo. :D But I'm not suprised Ms SO is being particularly nasty today if you scratched her pretty little face! :eek: :( You have to know, Eduardo, that to a lady her beauty is of the utmost importance, and how can one be beautiful if one has scratches on one's face!? Please keep your knives to yourself - even if she is being nasty to you. You can rise above that and just turn your back, can't you....please.....??? :)

I think...was it Boots talkin' there...had a good idea of maybe getting those knives dulled a bit. If you remember, they did that when I took you to the vet, but that has been some time now, so maybe another visit to the vet might be order to get them done again, if BG or the curly haired one can't do it (I'm assuming Blondie wants no part of it since she's on SO's side ;) ).

The pic of you on the table is so cute. Looks like SO knows you're there, just can't figure out where. :D

And it's good that you're finding her toys for her. It's good because that means you're getting comfortable enough to play, and it's also a good will measure on your part. Hopefully SO will see that and relent a little on running you off.

Thanks for the update and Sara, "SO" :D :D I love it! :D Does that mean Don is going to be CHO (curly haired one?) ;) :D

rg_girlca
07-23-2003, 11:21 AM
Oh Eduardo I'm so glad to hear you are making a bit of progress with the S.O., but scratching her Highness's face will not get you brownie points with her my dear. Just chill out. When you are in the same room with her Highness, stay a couple of feet away from her, lay there calmly, clean yourself if you may, just ignore her and don't let her get to you. When her Highness realizes that she is not getting to you anymore, she will come around.
Good luck.

Barbara
07-23-2003, 01:56 PM
Eduardo -you have written yourself deep into our hearts and we see real progress in your life but maybe you should ask Miz Edwina how she is feeling. At the moment she may misinterpret some of your advances. The more gentle you are the easier she will trust you:)

catlady1945
07-23-2003, 02:29 PM
I do so enjoy Edwina and Eddie's communications. Have they thought of having their little stories published (along with photos). I think that would make a really cute book - I would buy it.

Edwina's Secretary
07-23-2003, 06:09 PM
Dear Diary,

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh...you just won't believe this! Today Blondie left me and SO alone...but first she gave SO some dried catnip to eat and rubbed some stuff on her. She was so mellow. When Blondie came home we both went to greet her. SO and I rubbed noses....yes that's right...no hiss, no hit....WE RUBBED NOSES!!!!!

Wow...I think I have a friend!!!

Eddie

Freckles
07-23-2003, 06:15 PM
That's great news, Eduardo, but when are we going to hear Edwina's side of the story?

Cinder & Smoke
07-23-2003, 06:21 PM
Dear Diary,

...you just won't believe this!

SO and I rubbed noses....

Wow... I think I have a friend!!!

Eddie

WAY TO GO, Eddie! ;)

But a word of caution, here...

Please remember the Dear Gurl (S.O.) was possibly not
firing on all cylinders ~
Like - she was ON DRUGz!! :p

Let's use a lil *caution* when we next approach -
her rememberance of this Happie Tyme might be a lil fuzzy!

But DO Keep Trying, Eddie!! :D

slick
07-23-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
Please remember the Dear Gurl (S.O.) was possibly not
firing on all cylinders ~
Like - she was ON DRUGz!!
LOL LOL I've never heard of that one before :D :D You mean to say that she may have had one paw stuck in the litterbox?? Poor SO. Congrats on making progress however I, too, must caution you. Being female myself I can say that some of us are very wary of those of the male perrrrsuasion and just because you did the nose-touching thing doesn't really mean that she loves you quite yet. You see, we like to play hard-to-get and we see the nose thing as a "tease" to get your attention and drive you nuts. Besides, I hear that men like to be taunted once in a while.:eek: :eek:

jenluckenbach
07-23-2003, 07:17 PM
Even though, like most women, the S.O. will probably like you one day and loathe you the next......................I still had tears in my eyes when I read this:

SO and I rubbed noses....yes that's right...no hiss, no hit....WE RUBBED NOSES!!!!!

Prairie Purrs
07-23-2003, 07:41 PM
Eddie boy, you may have found the way to Lady Edwina's heart--Eau de Catnip! A little roll in the nip now and then, and she'll think you're da Man (or, rather, da Cat). :D

Steffi N
07-23-2003, 07:48 PM
Ooh, nose rubbing (even if somebody was "under the influence").
Can paw holding and tail crossing be far behind. :D

auggie
07-23-2003, 08:54 PM
Hey Eduardo! Phoenix here!
Try living with TWO snooty females! What a guy has to put up with! *sigh* I kind of like the little calico, but she won't have nothing to do with me. She is such a mama's girl - spoiled brat.
The black furred one is mean, she attacked me just for lightly patt
ing her on the butt. Geez.... what a prude! I even let her have my turkey. We get turkey every morning (mom's guilt trip for having to go to work) ;)
So, you touched noses?
hmmm...I'll say: "don't trust the girl" - she'll smack you when you least expect it!
Phoenix

lizbud
07-23-2003, 09:26 PM
WOW Eddie

This sounds so exciting.:D I do so hope you've found the
way to Ms Edwina's heart little guy.:)

bisi.cat
07-24-2003, 02:00 AM
Aaaawww, Eduardo, we love to hear from your latest success with SO...having that kind of snooty female around, too (it's N-E-L-L-I-E) I know how gentle Eduardo feels...Emil (the neighbor's cat), who's very much like sweet Eduardo is always around to woo for Nellie (he's trying so hard to make friends now for almost four years!!!), but he's always rejected with a growl...

Keep on being steady and gently dear Eduardo...I know you'll finally win her heart...

I tell you why...just recently I managed to find Nellie and Emil sitting quite close together and there was no growling at all...

:D

Barbara
07-24-2003, 03:29 AM
Eduardo: NOSE RUBS:) :D :) :D

Yeah, yeah, yeah!!

A stick and a carrot -I guess there isn't more to expect from the ladies. Or should we say a paw and some catnip?

catlover4ever
07-24-2003, 08:22 AM
Way to go on making some progress. BUT, be very careful, she may smack you when you least expect it. I do agree with some of the others in that Eau de Catnip is probally the way to get her to come around some more.
;)

catmandu
07-24-2003, 09:42 AM
Keep on trying Eduardo. she doesnt dislike you she is trying to show you just who is BOSS!

Edwina's Secretary
07-24-2003, 09:45 AM
Does that mean Don is going to be CHO (curly haired one?)

Debbie...I think not because then I would have to be........BO
:D :rolleyes: :D

ramanth
07-24-2003, 10:08 AM
Oh Eddie! :D That's wonderful news! :D

Perhaps you shouldn't call her SO anymore then. ;)

Kona & Oreo's mom
07-24-2003, 10:12 AM
Congratulations to both Eduardo and Edwina! Progress!

Cinder & Smoke
07-24-2003, 10:19 AM
Does that mean Don is going to be CHO (curly haired one?)

:D :rolleyes: :D

We can *fix dat* "BO" problem...

Jest sphell it Blonde WUN an then
yur B.W.! :D

Hey Eddie ~

Boots da Kat sez ya otta buy yer KatNip by da truck-load -
lil cheaper dat way. ;)
An since it's prolly gonna take quite a bit of Nip to soften up
the ole S.O. ~ whatever ya save on Nip can be invested in
Turkey Futures!

:p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-24-2003, 11:02 AM

:D :D :D http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Chair%20Fall.gif

I guess I was thinking Blondie = B. Never thought of BO. http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/ROTFLMAO.gifhttp://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/ROTFLMAO.gif

Eduardo! Nose rubbies! How exciting! Maybe she is softening just a bit, even if she was under the influence. ;) :D

However, like others have warned, you have to be careful. Typcial female behavior is they'll rub noses today and swat tomorrow. So just be wary, but keep being nice and maybe the nose rubbies will become a regular thing, and she'll actually start liking you! :eek: :D :D

Way to go Eduardo! :D

NoahsMommy
07-24-2003, 01:20 PM
I'm so glad they are making progress. :) Thanks for the updates.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-28-2003, 05:35 PM
Way to go Eduardo! That's how I finally got my boys to tolerate each other. Leonardo still gives Chester a swipe now and then and 'THE LOOK' guarenteed to scare the fur off a frog, but all and all it's peaceful. Of course it took 3 years and a LOT of catnip to reach this point but it happened. Hang in there sweetie, you'll win her over yet.:D

krazyaboutkatz
07-29-2003, 12:00 AM
I'm so glad to hear that Edwina may have fallen under Eddie's love spell. :D You must still watch out though Eduardo because females can be quite fickle. :)

Killearn Kitties
07-29-2003, 03:14 AM
Oh this is such good news Eduardo!! We're all rooting for you. Surely the lovely Miss Edwina can't resist your photographic charms for much longer.