PDA

View Full Version : My very hot day

wolfsoul
07-22-2003, 06:11 PM
Have you ever walked around in the swealtering heat?

It's 42 degrees out (about 110 degrees) and my friend and I have been walking all over downtown!! :eek: Aggh! We took the bus home, and it took us all around Rutland before we got back to Kelowna an hour later. It took us an hour waiting for that stupid bus. And it took us about 15 minutes to walk to my house from where we got off.

And it's SOOOO hot! My friend is use to rain every single day in Campbell River.

Well, good news: I found what I'm going to buy for my pet swap buddy. Bad news: How to get mom to drive over there...hmmmm...

Is anyone else having a unfortunalty hot day?

kingrattus
07-22-2003, 06:14 PM
ooo ooo ooo!! What ya getting ur pet swap buddy!! heheh :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

slick
07-22-2003, 06:15 PM
I hear ya sister!!! Since we are only 4 hours away from each other I can relate. Although I'm at work all day, the evenings are awful and my poor cats just hate it. Their appetites go down and all they do is sleep all day (Hmmmm, not a bad idea, after all in Mexico they have siestas in the afternoon heat!!) Hang in there.

wolfsoul
07-22-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by kingrattus
ooo ooo ooo!! What ya getting ur pet swap buddy!! heheh :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LOL....oh, you know, something really bad ;) :p jk

Kfamr
07-22-2003, 06:25 PM
Everyday is a hot day in Florida. :p

AC is the best!!

primabella
07-22-2003, 06:26 PM
Honestly, what would we do without AC?

The days here have been like a warm winter day. It's terrible. Always raining or there's a cold wind. Today was cold in the morning, but now it's humid and the air is stuffy. This isn't even pool weather, I can't enjoy my summer! Ugh!

Foam
07-22-2003, 06:42 PM
110 is NOTHIN'!
It was about 123 F degrees two weeks ago!
Puh..hot..Haha :rolleyes:
I'm being sarcastic, allthough in Bullcity it really was 123 F.
Uggh, but here in Arizona, it's ALWAYS hot. :mad:

Tonya
07-22-2003, 07:54 PM
Yes, Phoenix is cookin!!! It averages from 95-109 here where I live. I work outdoors, so I really feel the grunt of it. :mad:

wolfsoul
07-22-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Foam
110 is NOTHIN'!
It shouldn't be 110 in British columbia though! :p Everyone is always saying that it's super cold here --- well it's not lol. I know how you feel, last year it got up to 122. We made the record for the hottest city in BC with that temperature, even beating Osoyoos! (I always thought Creston was hotter, but I guess it's because it's always hot there every day)..

kingrattus
07-22-2003, 09:18 PM
LOL....oh, you know, something really bad jk
=============
But I. oh I mean what if ur swap buddy doesn't want something really bad?? heheh

iceyshiver21
07-22-2003, 09:43 PM
It shouldn't be in the 100's in Minnesota either. Yet it is...try doing agility in that weather..it don't work....I mean the dogs can get wet, and lay in pools of ice. But the people got to wear pants and run 10 laps around the course if you say "no" while your in the agilty ring. :(

tomkatzid
07-23-2003, 12:21 AM
It's just about 10:30pm in Seattle and it's 74*. It's wonderful. I love it when the nights are this warm, I just hate it that the days have to be so hot to get the nights this warm:)

popcornbird
07-23-2003, 02:13 AM
Oh yes. Its HOOOOOOOOT here! I didn't even know until I went in the yard. AC really helps! :D Its been about 95-105 this whole week. I've seen hotter than 110 though wolfsoul. I've seen 125 with 80% humidity, several years ago on a summer trip to the Middle East. I walked outside in that weather for about an hour at 2 in the afternoon. :eek: Its was NOT fun. If I didn't have an icecream in my hand, I would probably have gotten sick from the heat. I felt sick actually. I was all dizzy, I was wearing dark sunglasses and the sun was still hurting my eyes, and I felt like I was walking in an oven. :eek: When we got back to the hotel, it was like 70 degrees in there with the AC on. What a relief. I just plopped on the bed and sighed. Coolness at last! :p LOL

For those of you from Arizona, I know how you feel. Arizona is so hot its almost scary. :eek:

Fuzzy317
07-23-2003, 03:03 AM
All those from Arizona, how many times have you heard

". . . but its a dry heat." :D

Its still HOT. :)