PDA

View Full Version : Question??

Amber_The_Pet_Lover
07-22-2003, 03:26 PM
Im a 13yr old. Im responsible with my work with my pets and school. I was just wondering how old you have to be to vulunteer at the humane scociety? I talked about it with my mom she said If im old enough it would be great for me to start working there.
any idea's? Im thinking of calling them but I just wanted to make sure about it here. So I dont make a fool of myself calling. lol
~thanks~

primabella
07-22-2003, 03:29 PM
Well, it depends. Over here, you need to be 18 to volunteer. It all depends. In some places you could be 13 and work there.

I honestly think 13 is a bit young. You might be really responsible and work even harder than some of those who do, but I would wait a few years to apply.

Kfamr
07-22-2003, 03:30 PM
I really depends on where you live.

Down here you have to be 15. You have to do it through your school councilor.

binka_nugget
07-22-2003, 03:31 PM
At the vancouver spca, I'm too young to volunteer apparently. They didn't tell me the exact age though...At the vancouver pound, I'm old enough but they said that my mom needs to be with me while I walk the dogs. My friend goes there all the time without her mom..and she's only a couple months older than me :confused: meh...do they have a site? maybe you could email them and ask?

Amber_The_Pet_Lover
07-22-2003, 03:53 PM
alright thanks everyone!!!!!!:D :) ;) :cool: :rolleyes: