PDA

View Full Version : Which Frisbee is best?

primabella
07-22-2003, 01:54 PM
I'm going to get Mickey a Frisbee tonight, but I don't know which is best. Plastic (Gummy) or Material? Please help. Thanks! :)

sheltielover
07-22-2003, 02:12 PM
We bought one of the soft Frisbee's for the girls and they love it!

primabella
07-22-2003, 02:14 PM
Hey sheltielover! :D

Which soft one do you mean? The Gummy ones or material? Because we had bought some plastic ones but they were to hard for him to catch. Probably hurt him a bit.

ParNone
07-22-2003, 04:13 PM
Hi prima!

I use a real soft rubbery kind of frisbee for Oz, called
Squidgies. I've found them at Toys R Us and Target.
They make some specifically for dogs called Dogobies
too, but I've only seen those on the internet. Here's
a URL of what they look like:

http://store3.yimg.com/I/perfectpuppytoys_1748_68955

Oz loves these better than the material frisbees, because
they fly better, but they're still real soft and flexible, so he
can bend them in his mouth too.

Par...

primabella
07-22-2003, 04:40 PM
Oh those are cool Par. Thanks! :)

My mom came home from work before and had bought Mick one. lol. It's a soft plastic and he loves it. He's still afraid to catch it in his mouth, but he uses his paws. lol :D

Thanks for replying. :)

sheltielover
07-22-2003, 05:12 PM
We have the soft plastic and soft material ones.....they love both!

binka_nugget
07-22-2003, 08:50 PM
I use both material and hard plastic. He seems to like playing with the hard plastic more. If I can get some money..maybe I'll buy him a soft plastic one for his birthday...

primabella
07-23-2003, 08:22 AM
Mickey had the hard plastic one - he had two of them. He was too afraid to catch it in his mouth. Lol. He just chewed them up. This soft plastic one isn't even chewed on yet, even though Mick has chewed on it. Like, you don't see any marks. It's great.

We played for a good half hour yesterday and he's starting to catch it more. He really loves it. He feel asleep with his paw under it. Hehe :cool: He actually catches it with his paws and then, like brings it down to the floor. He hasn't caught it in his mouth.

Why is he catching it with his paws? lol :p

STELLA'SGIRL
07-23-2003, 09:20 AM
HELP! I dont know what games to play with my dog. The only thing she seems to like is casing your hand, but usaully at the end of the day, everybody has teeth marks in their hands or their hands are red. If you have a different game to p[lay with her please let me know!!!!!:eek:

primabella
07-23-2003, 11:44 AM
Why did you post this in my thread :confused:

Okay, well Mick loves chasing my hands but if your dog is biting, you need to stop now before she understands that biting is something okay to do. I'm sure your dog would enjoy other games like catch, frisbee, playing with puppets, tug o war, hide and seek...there are so many you can teach her. Try a few of these...:)

binka_nugget
07-23-2003, 12:43 PM
yea...I'd do what prima suggested and stop playing that before she thinks it's okay to bite. Kai still nips my sister and brother and it's really a hard habit to break since he's a year old already. Luckily, he knew from day one not to bite me :D. Just stick with it and she should know in no time. A "game" we play is setting up chairs in the living room then running around them until kai can catch up to us or we can catch up to him...lol.

STELLA'SGIRL
07-23-2003, 02:14 PM
Ok thanks. Sry but it was dog games so..... Ill try frisbee. She likes to chase after stuff or catch things. Thanx again!:D