PDA

View Full Version : Homemade lab blocks

wolfsoul
07-22-2003, 01:25 AM
There are no (good) lab blocks in my area, nor will my mom let me buy off the internet.

So I decided to make my own. lol.

I blended up some veggies (two leaves romaine lettuce, bunch of broccoli, baby carrot) and an egg, and I mixed some dry ingredients (flour, oatmeal, baking soda, baking powder) and I mixed it all together and kneaded it. (man, was it was sticky! Took lotsa flour!) Then I cut them, covered them with egg white and baked.

The end result is...ummm...interesting. They smell like rotten corn lol. My friend tried one and she said they were discusting. I even had some and yup, pretty darn gross. But the rats love them! They are very crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Yummy for them I suppose. Icarus even tried to grab one away with his paws. Yeah right, not without a trick! :D

I'm very proud of this creation lol. My next step is to freeze them so they don't go bad. :)

kingrattus
07-23-2003, 11:59 AM
Now why didn't I think of that when I had all my mice & rats.

Kfamr
07-23-2003, 12:38 PM
Hehe...They sound sick.

Hahaha... When I read the title i thought it said "Homemade Black Labs" I was like uhhhh.....???

That's what I get from not getting any sleep I guess.

luckies4me
07-23-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Hehe...They sound sick.

Hahaha... When I read the title i thought it said "Homemade Black Labs" I was like uhhhh.....???

That's what I get from not getting any sleep I guess.

Haha, that got a chuckle out of me! :D

WolfSoul, funny you posted this today as I am cooking dog biscutes right now for the rats and Morgan lol. I don't think I will be brave enough to taste them though. I would assume Morgans will taste like burnt peanut butter, as they contain peanut butter and carob chips......but still, not that brave lol.

I bet they taste yummy, they sound very healthy too. May I request more pics of your furry gang? ;)

wolfsoul
07-23-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me

I bet they taste yummy, they sound very healthy too. May I request more pics of your furry gang? ;)

Hehe, i'm getting alot of picture requests lately -- I'll have to bring out the camera. :)

The rats just love these things! I freeze them first, so they are very hard to chew on. Even timber had troubles, so now she just swallows them whole :rolleyes: