PDA

View Full Version : Ok, have to vent...stupid neighbors!!!!

Sevens
07-21-2003, 11:12 PM
We have this couple living downstairs from us. Initially, they were pretty cool and they have a one year old basset hound. When we got Bailey, they seemed pretty happy for us, we set up a play date or two for the pups to play.

For the last two months however, they have been pretty weird. It's like if they see Bailey or us coming, they don't want to interact with us. I admit, Bailey can be a little rough when she plays, but so can their basset hound. If they see me bring Bailey to the dog park, they usually don't talk to me, seem irritated that Bailey wants to play with Ralph (their dog), and they leave pretty soon after.

Anyway, they knew we were dogsitting James with the option to adopt. They didn't really say anything. Well, I just took the pups out to potty and here comes the boyfriend with the basset. Bailey and James stand perfectly still while the bassett jumps all over Bailey.
He tugs the bassett off and starts to walk towards his door. I mentioned that we just adopted James and he got a funny look on his face and said "Guess having one wasn't enough of a challenge for you". And on top of that, he let their three cats out for the night and they all surrounded my dogs and started hissing and spitting at them. I pulled the pups inside really quickly.

I really just wish they would move the hell out. They obviously don't like us or the dogs or maybe they have opinions of how we take care of them. As far as I'm concerned, they can stick those opinions where the sun don't shine. We take very good care of our dogs physically, make sure they are socialized, and happy. I mean, hell, they didn't get their dog fixed for a whole year because they didn't have the money ($35 at the spay/neuter clinic), but yet they can have people over twice a week to watch Buffy and drink cases of beer that they buy for their guests.

Sorry this is so long, I just had to vent.

iceyshiver21
07-21-2003, 11:53 PM
What would they think if we moved in??? We got 6. :D

Thats sad that people can be so closed minded. I would straight out ask them. But then again I've never been the oen to bite my tounge off.

anna_66
07-22-2003, 06:52 AM
:mad: People are stupid!

ScantyNebula
07-22-2003, 07:18 AM
Its 35 dollars to spray there??? I am so jealous, make no wonder they euthanize animals at the spca here, some people probably really can't afford it :(

It really sucks when you have neighbours like that .. But just ignore them, and they may go away ;)

pitc9
07-22-2003, 08:15 AM
I don't understand people either!
If they have a problem with you or your dogs, why can't they just say something instead of acting like children?!?! And letting the cats out while you were there with the pups....oh thats real nice!
They need to grow up!!!

We have a stupid neighbor also, there are 4 houses all together, we all have dogs, and since these people moved in, we all have had to fence in our yards to keep THERE dog out!!
The dog poos in everyone's yard, charges at us when we are in OUR OWN YARD!!! And bugs everydog around!! (Chases them.... etc....)

Some people just shouldn't have a dog!!!

primabella
07-22-2003, 10:18 AM
I'm sorry your neighbors are such jerks :mad:

Just ignore them, or if they act rude again, tell them off. :D Hehe

apcrs5122
07-22-2003, 10:24 AM
People can be so rude and inconsiderate:mad: Those are the kind of people that I just want to slap in the face (:rolleyes:lol).