PDA

View Full Version : Dale is adjusting well to his new home :)

Christiansmommy
07-21-2003, 10:05 PM
Unfortunately i don't have any new pics to post. My hubby loaned out the camera for a few days to a friend. I am having digital camera withdrawl!!! ;) He is getting so big so fast, that i told my hubby if we don't get the camera back soon, we will miss out on this stage of his life (to compare to other pics).

He sleeps well at night. Wakes at 6:30am to be let out and eat...then i make the hubby's lunch in the kitchen (for him to take to work), and Dale plays on the floor. Then we go back to bed until my son wakes up (unless i have to get things done around the house). He just loves to be with people. He is always under a chair or next to me :) Although, we are crate training too, so he goes in there, as well. Doesn't whine about it anymore either. Not sure how long potty training will be, but he does give me some signs when he has to go, like whining and sniffing on the floor. Consistency on my part should help the process....i feel like i am standing outside with him all the time ...heheheh....but he usually goes when i take him out...he seems pretty good about it, time will tell.

We are keeping in touch with 2 of the owners of his brother and sister and of course the breeder. So it will be neat to watch his siblings grow too. We met their owners the day we picked him up...they were picking up their pups too.

Dandy and Guinness are fine with him. They are so layed back, that i didnt expect a problem. He isnt the type of breed to chase cats...so he kinda just watches them as they pass by...on an occasion he will try to play with them. But just earlier, they were all in the living room playing on the floor (separately), but none the less, comfortable to be able to play in the same room. I can see Guinness and Dale curled up next to each other some day...

As soon as i get more pics i will post. He goes to his 2nd puppy kindergarten class on Wednesday, so i will update on that too:)

Anyway, thats about it :)

Robyn

CamCamPup33
07-21-2003, 10:14 PM
yay!! lol

lovemyshiba
07-21-2003, 10:46 PM
That's wonderful Robyn!!!

Dale sounds just absolutely perfect for your family!! I'm sure his grandma Pam loves him too, and his Auntie Bella and Uncle Ripley!!!
That's great to hear, that he and the cats are ok together!!!

Can't wait for more pics!!!:)

Pam
07-22-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
That's wonderful Robyn!!!

Dale sounds just absolutely perfect for your family!! I'm sure his grandma Pam loves him too, and his Auntie Bella and Uncle Ripley!!!
That's great to hear, that he and the cats are ok together!!!

Can't wait for more pics!!!:)

HeHe! Lovemysheba, the other night Dale was over and he thought Bella's tail was a stuffie. We have one that looks very similar to it! hehe! Fortunately he just chomped down on the fluffy part but she was "outta there!" LOL! These 3 will be spending a lot of time with each other and I suspect that Dale will start to think of himself as a HUGE poodle at some point! LOL! He looks so funny as he runs alongside them - they sort of prance and he lumbers along like a bear! :D

sasvermont
07-22-2003, 06:16 AM
Robyn, I am so glad things are running so smoothly for you. And yes, we would like more pics. Tell hubby to get that camera back right away!

Welcome to your new and exciting home, Dale!

Love,
Auntie Sas

anna_66
07-22-2003, 06:44 AM
:( No pics (I was so hoping for some new puppy Dale pics-soon...right;) ).

I'm so glad to hear he's doing so great in his new home with you! By the way it sounds, he'll be potty trained in no time (what a smart boy you are Dale!).

Getting along with the kitties-that's terrific! I think that would have been one of my biggest worries:o

Well, as soon as you get your camera back (hopefully soon!) we'd LOVE to see some new pics, I bet he's grown since we seen him last!

K9karen
07-23-2003, 11:40 PM
Oh Robyn, I'm SO gald things are working out so well! It's so neat how we're going through raising new dogs together! I hope K9L can meet all her cousins soon!!!

Rachel
07-24-2003, 06:53 AM
So where is Grandma's camera? :p