PDA

View Full Version : Alex's dreams

apcrs5122
07-21-2003, 02:51 PM
Alex dreams in his sleep alot. He growls, whines, shakes uncontrollably, and will bark. I know he's alright, but sometimes it worries me. I think he dreams of his previous home, and how he was abused by the way he growls and cringes. Is there anything I can do to help him? When he does it, I stroke him and talk to him. He's dreaming at this moment acctually. Do your dogs dream like this?

Kfamr
07-21-2003, 02:52 PM
Nala dreams like that alllllll the time. I just calmly wake her up and hold her. :)

apcrs5122
07-21-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I just calmly wake her up and hold her. :)

I've tried to wake him up, but I can't!:eek: But I hold him anyway:)

RubyMutt
07-21-2003, 03:07 PM
:eek: I was thinking about making a thread very similar to this!

Ruby does the exact same things! Sometimes I get a little worried too, but I am usually able to wake her up and comfort her.

CamCamPup33
07-21-2003, 03:47 PM
Cami often does that too.. Lol i do the same thing.. Pick her up and talk to her and tell her its okay..

kingrattus
07-21-2003, 04:11 PM
Max does that sometimes & it was a very bad idea to wake him up by touching him. 5 yrs back I woke him up & he lundged at me & then quickly realized what he had done & he went all babyish on me trying so hard to say he was really sorry. Once I walked by him & just touched his toe nail with my pants & he snapped at me & snarled, but once again he realized what he had done & went all babyish again to say he was sorry.

Thank god hes not like that anymore, I think it was just a phayse he was in cause it only lasted a year or less & hasn't happened since.

Now he mostly snores super loud, his paws twitch, & his lips twitch.

Silly puppy dog