PDA

View Full Version : How embarassing!

primabella
07-21-2003, 02:02 PM
I just thought of this before and thought I would ask it.

Has your dog ever done anything in public that really embarassed you? It could be anything. As much as I love Mickey, he's really clumsy and can sometimes make me look crazy by doing silly things.

For example, one day we were taking a walk and passed by this house that had tree branches or vines hanging over the fence. This guy on rollerblades passed by us and started barking at Mickey (I hate when people do that! :rolleyes: ). Mickey naturally got excited and started trying to chase the guy on the rollerblades. He got this leash all tangled up in that stupid branch and started running. I was holding on to the leash and as he ran, he pulled so hard on the leash I got all the branches in my face, had to untangle everything and almost slipped like, 3 times. (it goes up at a slope around there). The guy started cracking up and asked if I needed any help. It was so embarassing! Meanwhile, Mickey is still pulling and barking his head off. Lol.

He has also started running after stupid things like birds flying, and because there will usually be a tree or something, we'll both decide to go opposite sides to avoid it and so neither of us gets to go very far! ;) (tree in the middle, leash hitting the tree, one of us on each end)

Well, Mick was a puppy when all this happened...he's goten better.

Anyways, just thought this could be a funny thread. If anyone has any stories, please share. lol Don't make me feel like the only idiot who makes a fool out of herself! :o

apcrs5122
07-21-2003, 02:24 PM
LOL, goofy Mickey:D I think this is a great idea.

Ummm, Alex hasn't done anything really to embarrass me, but when we took him to the vet one day, we were out in the lobby paying and getting ready to leave, but there was a little pom in the waiting part of the lobby. Alex's favorite kind of dogs are the tiny ones so he tried to go over there. The floor is tile, and I was wearing flip-flops, so when he started pulling with all his might (115 lbs. of it to be exact) I tried to dig in my heels and stop him. Well, it didn't work, so here I am on one end, leaning back, trying to stop Alex, and he's pulling me across the floor. It was hillarious, but embarrissing too:o

Also, at a horse show we were at, we took Alex with us. He was tied to the tree on a long lead where we were sitting. My aunt also had her dog, Cindy, who is a golden retriever, but was just a puppy. My mom turned around to check on Alex and see what he was doing. Gusse what?! He was lifting his leg to Cindy's head and PEEING on her!!!!:eek: :eek: That was embarrissing:o But we got some diaper wipes out of the van and cleaned her up good;) :p

mpoier
07-21-2003, 02:41 PM
The only thing my Ceebers does is he'll chases everyone's shadows.....he'll get so into it that he'll smack his nose on the ground and then bark at the ground thinking that it bit him or something! LOL...what a crazy guy, huh?

binka_nugget
07-21-2003, 03:18 PM
I'm sure Kai has done alot of silly things but nothing too embarassing.

We took Kai to a dog supplies store with us and I was holding him like a baby. I felt a little vibration on my hand and seconds later my mom said "EWW ASHLEY! That stinks!". LOL Yep, it was Kai.

primabella
07-21-2003, 03:32 PM
lol everyone :D

CamCamPup33
07-21-2003, 03:42 PM
lol! well this isnt really embarassing or anything but oh well.. Well it was the first time that we took cami back to the pet store we baught her at.. (such a stupid idea!) anyway we reconized the lady that helped us with the papers and stuff she told us when we baught her to bring her back so she can see how much she has grown.. Well cami is really really freaked out by strangers.. She thinks that they are gonna like smack us or something :D :rolleyes: lol so naturally being afriad she would like hide behind me and growl and then the people will think shes a "bad dog" because she is growling at them.. but it was a little embarassing that she wouldnt let anyone touch her.. :p

LOL another embarassing thing is when she get excited and pees :rolleyes: i hate it lol cant she just control it with out getting all excited?!?! lol....

Okay so that want all as embarassing as anyone elses but.... oh yeah one more.. :rolleyes:

Well it was my birthday and everyone was sitting on the couch.. My uncle had just got here and she was sooo excited to see everyone she knew... So she acts crazy and like runs on the couch and then off and then back over and over again.. its funny but when everyone is freaking out its embarassing..

Cincy'sMom
07-21-2003, 04:02 PM
We took the dogs to the Mutt Show a week and a half ago, and one fun contest was for best trick. Well, Cincy kows how to play pattie cake, so I tried it with her once, she did fine. Took her to "perform" and she sat and looked at me as if she had no idea what I wanted. Oh well :)

primabella
07-21-2003, 04:21 PM
lol Ah yes. I have been through that with Mickey, Cincy'sMom. lol :D You act like they are the best dog in the world because of the tricks they know and then they just bail out on you :p Hehe All the more reason to love them so much! :D

Lol Amber. :D

kingrattus
07-21-2003, 06:22 PM
The olny embarrising thing Max does to me is, is when I'm running with him (off leash), he'll cut me off, stop dead in his tracks & trip me. Once I was running on gravel & he tripped me & I was cut up soo bad & bleeding everywhere (face, hands, elbows, knees, legs, toes, & rugburn on my tummy), I couldn't put his halti back on to take him home, so I had to heal him all the way home.

Even tho hes 9 1/2 he can still run like a power house & insted of tripping me he'll bump into me & make me fall on my butt.

I'll never teach another dog to play tag ever again, I always lose hehehe

wolfsoul
07-21-2003, 06:33 PM
One time I took timber into the petstore and she decided to be hyper. It wasn't like her at all, because we had just ran for an hour and swam for almost as long.

But nope. She had to be hyper. And in the process, she not only drooled all over the pet windows, jumped all over people, had a barking contest with another dog (he started it), she also, knocked down a shelf! :eek:

Also, another time, she was running beside my bike. I forgot to keep my eye on her, and didn't realize that she need to go poop. So, right in the middle of biking fairly quick, she stopped to go poo, I went flying over the handle bars, I couldn't unwrap the leash in time so the leash cut my hand (don't ask how). My momentum pulled Timber's halti forward and she dragged her muzzle across the asphault. I'm sitting there, bleeding at the wrist. She's sitting there, bleeding at the tongue and looking awful guilty. And to top it off, there was a huge group of huys sitting uder the tree right beside me, laughing their @$$es off!

Leather's a very good girl, but I have to say that it was quite embarassing when I took her to the wiggle waggle walkathon. (of course it was Timber's fault, as usual. That dog has nothing better to do than anger me lol) Timber attacked her, and they got in a huge fight. They were both on tight leashes on either side of me so I was freaking out. People are staring. I was kicking them, trying to get them apart, and I was thinking that everyone was probably thinking I was a very abusive person, kicking my dogs as they are growling and squealing. lol. So, when they finally calm down. Leather backs up, the halti slips off, and she's running around the parking lot having a hay day! Luckily, she came when she heard me call, but it was still maddening.

kingrattus
07-21-2003, 06:54 PM
Oh that reminds me of an embarassing time (thank god no one was watching me).

I was walking max in the neighbourhood & was about 2 blocks from home, when I saw Katie running loose.

Katie is a King GSD. Katie always breaks her chain & then runs around not far from home. Katie has known me since she was a puppy, I use to go & see her everyschool day (her house was beside my school bus stop). Shes the friendlest dog going, not a mean bone in her huge body.

getting back to the story now..

I saw her & called her over, not thinking of how she always greats me. Well she ran over & jumped up to give me a great big kiss.
1/2 way up Max attacked her bringing her to the ground. She snapped back at him & ran home. I was horrified & embarresed of Max's actions. But I couldn't get Mad at him, I had to praise him for a job well done.
He only brought her down & let her go right away. Max thought I was being attacked bt her. & there are alot of aggressive dogs in my neighbourhood & I don't want him thinking that he can't touch another dog if it hurting me. Max is a guard dog, my guard dog.

Well I ran Max home, told dad everything & ran off to find Katie to make sure she was ok & to bring her home. I knocked on her door & her misstres answered. I told her everything & she was more concerned about Max being ok, I told her he was a nip on his ear, but he'll be fine. So we checked Katie over to make sure she was ok & she was.
So then next time I saw Katie, she had a huge chain. I think she has finally met her match in chains hehe.

Oh & Katie isn't an outdoor dog. She'll spend a few hrs outside to play & do doggie stuff.

lovemyshiba
07-21-2003, 07:20 PM
Kito just embarrassed me the other day.
We were at a dog show, and we were browsing in the booths. I was looking at leashes, and Kito was beside me. They had them all just hanging from the top of the tent, straight down. I looked over at Kito, and there he was, proud as ever, with his leg up on the leashes:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yep, he peed on them. Boy was I embarrassed. I gave them my apologies, and ran outta there!!!!!

iceyshiver21
07-21-2003, 07:33 PM
Why do I find myself laughing and crying at the same time for all of you?? I mean...umm laughing so hard I cry :D
I don't think I've really had an emberassing moment. Unless this counts-
I was biking with Odie and he stopped to do his business. Some guys across the sreet saw me stop and sprayed me with a hose only i didn't realized that somebody was spraying me because I'm that big of an idiot and I yelled up to my friends who where just watching this happen and said "I think its raining should we head back??" The guy who was spraying me started laughing so hard that I looked over and realized what had happend but before I could say anything out of somebody's back yard came a balland odie took off knocking me and my bike down in the now mud.

Foam
07-21-2003, 07:36 PM
LOL to everyone's stories!!
Alright, I guess it's my turn. :rolleyes:

We were at Petco one time, because I decided to buy Darlin' some new toys and a couple treats from their little snack bar. My mom had driven me, but she went across the street to Best Buy with my brother. I was walking along the toy isle, when Darlin suddenly stops, and won't walk any further. She just kind of squatted, and started peeing right in the middle of the tile! I just laughed it off, and we took one of those wool stuffed toys and wiped it up. Thank goodness nobody saw but a lady in the same isle. She just laughed. It was still embarassing, though! ;)
I agree, primabella! What would we do without these guys!? :p

primabella
07-21-2003, 08:10 PM
No idea Foam! ;)

Lol funny stories! :D Thanks for posting them! :)

Emily I was literally laughing out loud at yours. I don't kow, it's just funny cause it's like this sophisticated dog show and you have Kito peeing on the leashes. LOL :D

My friend told me this story about her and her dog taking a walk. Her dog, Smokey, is a large GSD/Husky mix (I believe) and is really strong and a puller on the leash. He started running, pulling my friend along. All of a sudden, he stopped. My friend bumped into him and did a flip over him and landed face down. Lol. Never get tired of that story :D :D :D

lovemyshiba
07-21-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by primabella

Emily I was literally laughing out loud at yours. I don't kow, it's just funny cause it's like this sophisticated dog show and you have Kito peeing on the leashes. LOL :D

I know, right--only Kito:rolleyes:

Even better, someone came up to me that day and asked me if we took Best In Breed:) :)

bnormal
07-21-2003, 09:03 PM
Years ago my wife held a Longaberger party at our house. The lady who was the Longaberger rep wasn't much of a pooch person as we later found out. You know...the type of person who makes a strange face when they see that you have dogs...Anyway a dozen or so women showed up. My wife had a fairly elaborate spread of food sitting on the table in our dining room. When everyone decided it was time to eat all of the ladies proceded into the dining room. When they walked in they saw Callihan licking the meat in the meat tray...not eating it...just licking it.

The rep didn't think that was too funny. My wife was pretty embarassed.

I thought it was hilarious!

:D :D :D

primabella
07-21-2003, 09:05 PM
Lol bnormal! :D

Emily, that must have been cool to have been said to you. :)

Sevens
07-21-2003, 09:23 PM
When Bailey was a puppy, I took her to the vet for the first time. She still had about 3 stitches from getting spayed that didn't dissolve, so the vet decided to just pull them out.

He gave her a rawhide in her mouth to keep her busy and told me to put her on the table, then hold her up so she was standing on her hind legs.

He goes to pull the first stitch. Her eyes open wide and she spits out the rawhide and boom, it hits him smack in the middle of his forehead. I was like "Bailey!". So then he puts it back in her mouth and goes for the second stitch. She does it again. She did it on all three stitches and all three times, it hits him in the forehead.

Part of me was embarassed that my dog is spitting a slimy rawhide onto her vet's forehead, but then part of me was like "Dude, you should anticipate it and try to duck next time!"

LOL..silly Bailey!:D

apcrs5122
07-21-2003, 09:25 PM
LOL Sevens and everyone else too!!!!

CamCamPup33
07-21-2003, 09:49 PM

primabella
07-21-2003, 10:04 PM
LOL Sevens!! :D:D

puppygrrl4eva7
07-22-2003, 08:11 AM
Ringo never has really embarrassed me except one he peed on my foot and another time he peed on my dads foot, It was really gross:p

binka_nugget
07-22-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
Kito just embarrassed me the other day.
We were at a dog show, and we were browsing in the booths. I was looking at leashes, and Kito was beside me. They had them all just hanging from the top of the tent, straight down. I looked over at Kito, and there he was, proud as ever, with his leg up on the leashes:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yep, he peed on them. Boy was I embarrassed. I gave them my apologies, and ran outta there!!!!!

LOL! Kai likes to do that too! The first time we were in petcetera, he decided to wet the floors. Another time, we were walking around shops after a parade and walked into a dog supplies store. Kai decided to lift his leg on some dog toys. And just a few weeks ago, kai thought it would be nice to grace his presence by peeing on a bag of dog food....gotta love our dogs...

pitc9
07-22-2003, 08:56 AM
Oh my pups do crazy things to me all the time! When I take them both on a walk, they always seem to gang up on me, and make twist there leashes around my legs so I almost fall!!

But before we had Buddy, I had a friend of mine house sit and watch Sierra for us. Well I guess I forgot to remind her of how hard Sierra pulls when she sees another dog, well she took her for a walk, and walked past a house that had invisble fencing for there two GSD Mixes...well...Sierra took off down the ditch to play with the dogs, draggin my friend with her down into the mud, where she landed on her knees!! The two dogs ran though the fence...got shocked, and all three started playing, the owner came out and helped her to her feet and got his dogs back in his yard, then they ran out a second time, and got zapped again!!! This time my friend was ready and braced herself so she didn't fall again!!! I guess some dogs just never learn!! But there owner did!! He put up chain link within the following few weeks!!

micki76
07-22-2003, 09:06 AM
OMG pitc9!! What beautiful dogs! :D

pitc9
07-22-2003, 09:22 AM
Thx Micki!!! They are both rescues and are the loves of my life!
(oops...I hope my husband doesn't read this!! LOL)

Can you even imagine the people (I use the term loosely) that owned them and just left them!!

I couldn't imagine my life without them! And I'm sure they couldn't imagine there own lives without eachother!!!!

primabella
07-22-2003, 10:15 AM
Gorgeous dogs Angie :D

....gotta love our dogs...

You got that right. :D

bnormal
07-22-2003, 10:27 AM
pitc9, what part of Ohio are you in? I'm in Columbus...their are a slew of Ohioans on this forum

pitc9
07-22-2003, 10:37 AM
I am in Lake County, about 40 miles east of Cleveland.

bnormal
07-22-2003, 10:42 AM
pitc9, that's great....your GSD's are beautiful!

cloverfdx
07-22-2003, 10:53 AM
well the dogs in general are embarrassing:o j/k

actually clover is the only one out of the lot who has an embarrassing habit, when she gets excited she wipes her rear end along the ground (only does it when excited, not a medical problem)
and decides to clean herself in public (in the middle of a flyball meeting one night sitting in the middle of a circle of people and started to have a good ol lick) :o she is not much of a lady my girl lol, oppps and then going up to give her uncle stephen a big sloppy kiss ~Ack~
oh she also steals food, barks alot, demands attention, just downright embarrassing :o

but i love her more than life itself she is my baby girl:D

joycenalex
07-22-2003, 07:20 PM
[...Anyway a dozen or so women showed up. My wife had a fairly elaborate spread of food sitting on the table in our dining room. When everyone decided it was time to eat all of the ladies proceded into the dining room. When they walked in they saw Callihan licking the meat in the meat tray...not eating it...just licking it.......
brad, i burst out laughing at that, really, just licking it? btw did he get dog slobber on the " basket". joyce

bnormal
07-22-2003, 07:35 PM
Joyce, he really just licked the meat! He didn't get any of the baskets wet, my wife really would have been mad then!

KYS
07-22-2003, 08:20 PM
pitc9, Your dogs are beautiful. :)
I love everybody's stories, and bnormal,
if you say he only licked the meat, than I believe you. lol

Rocky!!! What doesn't he do!!!
When he was 6 months old, I took him to
our neighborhood pet shop.
Their were two high school students, (boyfriend/girlfriend)
browsing through the store. The young girl was wearing her cheerleading outfit. She went over to pet Rocky, and when she turned around to talk to her boyfriend, Rocky lifted up
the back of her skirt to take a sniff. The poor girl was sooo embarrased, as her boyfriend laughed.
(I appolized of course.)

The most embarrasing/annoying for me, is when Rocky barks at other dogs on our walks. I am so embarrased, I feel like hiding
my head in the sand.

primabella
07-22-2003, 08:30 PM
Oh Karen same here. Mick is always barking at other dogs and I'm like "No Stop!" cause the other dogs are all well behaved ignoring him. lol Oh well :D

Pam
07-22-2003, 08:31 PM
Ashley, my mini poodle who is now at the Rainbow Bridge, once threw up right next to my son's friend's foot at he was seated in my living room! :o What made it even worse was that he never had any pets growing up and was not overly fond of animals to begin with. I am sure Ashley didn't make a hit with him at all. He could hardly bring himself to look down at his shoe, so I told him it was OK - she had missed his shoe. :o :o

bnormal
07-22-2003, 09:00 PM
KYS, the sniffing story is too funny! Callihan does the same thing...he gives everyone who comes into my house the once over...even my mom!

I guess this answers the age old question, "where does a 120lb Doberman sniff"?

Anywhere he wants to!

Foam
07-23-2003, 08:31 PM
pitc9, your GSD are absolutly BEAUTIFUL! Stop posting, you're making me jealous! ;)

KYS
07-23-2003, 09:13 PM
posted by bnormal:Callihan does the same thing!I guess this answers the age old question, "where does a 120lb Doberman sniff"? Anywhere he wants to!

Wow!! Callihan is a big muscled boy. He weighs
more than my chunky monkey Rocky. :eek:
Yep! I guess Callihan, can sniff anywhere he wants. lol

bnormal
07-27-2003, 08:53 PM
KYS, is Rocky an Akita? Those sure are beautiful dogs! Akitas' must be one of the strongest breeds?

RogueFerret
07-27-2003, 09:36 PM
Neither Vally or Max have done anything to embarrass me, but my boxer Blitzkreig (RB) was something else all together!

My brother brung his girlfreind to my house and Blitzy Just lifted his leg and peed on her like she was a tree out side.:rolleyes: I was so embarrassed and we gave her a new pair of socks. She broke up with my brother the next week.

He also pooped in the floor at SuperPetz. I had ran out of baggies and was trying to clean it up with old bank envelopes that were in my purse. My husband was with me and it embarrased hm so bad that he walked off to the other end of the store and pretended that he didn't know us.

And then there was the flea market incident. We have an indoor flea market and you can bring your dogs as long as they stay in a shopping cart. Well, Blitz was fine untill he saw my grandmother (she has a booth there) and her Pekenesses. Well, her dogs yapped at Blitz, so he turns over the cart he's in and knocks over a few other carts that other people had and I'm pulling on his leash trying to get him to behave and it was so bad that we got kicked out of the flea market. I was so mortified that I haven't been back since.:(

I really miss the flea market too:(

Airedalekisses
07-28-2003, 06:35 PM
My 'Dale stuck his wet nose under a lady's dress while we were waiting for the light to change at a corner(I think she enjoyed it) My fox terrier had dug one of my mother's rather large bras out of the laundry basket and came to the door carrying it just as the UPS man delivered a package. Terriers can be real clowns!!