PDA

View Full Version : Do your Pet's feet smell like Fritos?

Freckles
07-21-2003, 10:47 AM
This might be the topic that gets those who only look at the Cat/Dog/Pet of the Day stories to paws and check out the story behind the question: Frito Feet (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2619)

fairlady68
07-21-2003, 07:55 PM
I appreciate the reference to the billions (!) of posts from the year 2000 that came in response to tatsxxx post about Frito Feet. I was coming to this part of the site to write and say, "whattya?!!" I did not have time to read past the first of what looked like over ten pages of posts in response to that original comment.

Anyhow, I have never had a dog, but I do have a cat. I do love to kiss and smell every part of her. Sometimes her fur has that warm, cleanly sweaty smell that a human head of hair might have after the person has been sitting in the sun. Other times (most times) it smells so fresh and clean...from her constantly washing herself. She is an indoor kittie so she does not get into anything really gross.

The only rather icky smelling part of her is her tushie, of course, but I don't go out of my way to smell her there!

I have never noticed a particular smell on her feet, though...However, I did get vicarious enjoyment over the great amusement that y'all got over this topic, even if I could not relate to it directly myself!

Take care,

lovemyshiba
07-21-2003, 11:20 PM
Yes!!!
I had read the various "frito feet" comments, and, not knowing the story, assumed someone's dog had gotten into fritos!
Then I found the old post, laughed so hard reading it, and went and smelled the paws--12 fritos sleeping below me!!!

Corinna
07-21-2003, 11:22 PM
Oh no I think it's time for the dip(to go with the fritos) This thread never dies. So here we go again!!!!

slick
07-22-2003, 01:12 PM
Does this mean that if I were a dog my feet would smell better???:eek: :eek: :eek:

SherryAR
07-22-2003, 08:53 PM
I can't believe you posted this. We ALWAYS say that about our dog's feet--that the bottom of his feet smells like Fritos!

kege
07-28-2003, 08:12 AM
I've often called my dog "Frito dog" because at times I'd think she smelled just like Fritos! Not only did I think I was the only one and that I was crazy - but I never realized it was coming from her feet until I saw the poll question!

Then I checked, and the smell DOES originate from her feet! But why does it smell this way?

BTW - it's definitely Fritos and not popcorn! :D

kohala
07-29-2003, 11:07 PM
I laughed out loud at work when I saw one of our fav's made the poll question! And cats have frito feet, too, by the way! Grasshopper has a distinct frito smell to her tootsies - Dadcat theorizes its the "sweat" - ? Oh, yeah? But Fritos are CORN chips! Oh, maybe that's it! Instead of corns they just get Frito Feet!

micki76
07-30-2003, 09:58 PM
Yep. One of Chester's nicknames is Cornchip! :D

Cataholic
08-02-2003, 06:45 PM
This always reminds me of why I love PT- the whole secret vocabulary. Frito feet? I have a whole bag of fritos here!

puppygrrl4eva7
08-04-2003, 12:06 AM
Wow I never noticed that but I just sniffed Ringo's feet and they do smell kind of like Fritos lol:D

wolfsoul
08-04-2003, 01:43 PM
I think Leather's do...But Timber's smell like dog. And I can't get to close to the cats feet to tell lol. The ratties -- their feet smell like nothing lol.