PDA

View Full Version : Reece into chocolate again :(((

aly
07-21-2003, 10:28 AM
UGH! I had some chocolate up high on a kitchen counter. The dogs can't reach the counters and Shiloh knows not to get up there. Skylar hadn't ever been up there, but I have a feeling he was up there today. So he (or someone) knocked over the chocolate and Reece ate some :( :( He's thrown up twice now since I got home an hour ago.

I know he didn't eat enough of it that his life is at risk. I think he's just going to have some tummy problems today. I've alerted my vet though just in case.

I swear, I'm going to have to get a safe for the chocolate and trash that Reece loves to get into from now on!

primabella
07-21-2003, 10:33 AM
Awww poor Reece. I hope he gets better soon. Hopefully, a little tummy ache will be all he gets.

Kfamr
07-21-2003, 10:39 AM
Reece you silly man! Stop eating that bad stuff!

You don't want to lose your figure for the Mr. PetTalker, Do you!?

ReeceMan get that stuff out of your system quickly (just make sure ya do it outside, please? :o ) and get better soon!

aly
07-21-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr

ReeceMan get that stuff out of your system quickly (just make sure ya do it outside, please? :o ) and get better soon!

Lets just say, I've used a lot of carpet cleaner today :eek:

Kfamr
07-21-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by aly
Lets just say, I've used a lot of carpet cleaner today :eek:

I know how that is! :eek: :o

apcrs5122
07-21-2003, 10:51 AM
Aww, poor Reece. You need to stop eating that bad stuff so your mommy will stop worrying! It's not good for you!

I hope that all Reece gets is a tummy ache, and that he starts throwing up outside!;)

Oh, and while we're talking about dogs throwing up outside (:rolleyes: ), I wanted to share with you what Alex does when he throws up. The very first time he threw up with us, we rushed him to the back door so he could do it outside. Since then, whenever he feels like he needs to throw up, he rushes himself to the door to go out!:eek: He's such a good dog:D

Hope Reece feels better!:)

lovemyshiba
07-21-2003, 01:48 PM
Poor Reece man!!

I hope all he has is a tummy ache--he'll probably get it all out of his system.

Aly, are you in this gift exchange?? If so, maybe whoever has you will send you a safe for the chocolate:)

CountryWolf07
07-21-2003, 02:20 PM
Poor boy! That's odd, though.. Rosie has eaten some chocolate.. but she never threw up or anything.. strange..

Crikit
07-21-2003, 02:39 PM
Oooo Reece man, you gotta learn that chocolate isn't good for you dude. Now repeat after me. "I Reece will not, eat my mommies chocolate...even though it tastes so nummy...and will try to stay out of the garbage." Had to say try for the garbage one because it's really hard, at least according to Smudge.

Hope your feeling better soon Reece.

aly
07-21-2003, 06:04 PM
Oh my goodness, someone check me into the nearest mental hospital ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an awful day!

I'll give the shortest version possible:

Reece ended up throwing up about 14 times in a short period. I took him to the vet (and Peka) and put him on fluids. The vet tech had me scared to death telling me that there was no way I could take him home tonight. I talked it over with the vet though, and we agreed that since he was starting to act perky, I could take him home and watch him closely. I'll take him to the Emergency Vet if he starts to have problems again. So he had some shots and fluids and they sent him home with some pills too. I could hear my poor baby crying and yelping when they took him back there and stuck him in the cage to have the fluids. He hates it back there and wanted mommy. When they brought him back out to me, he ran to me and danced circles around me. Then he kept nudging his leash and charging for the door, hehe :) Since we've been home, he's already been following me around trying to get my food. And I caught him trying to get the cat food too! He's not supposed to eat for the rest of the day. What a goof.

I'm not sure what's wrong with Peka. I had them check her over and do a few tests, but they only found things that I already knew about. She's been whining and moaning and I have no clue what's wrong :( :( :( :( :( I am just bursting from stress over that dog.

So, the grand total on the vet bill: ONE MILLION DOLLARS AND 43 CENTS ... Hehe, ok so maybe I'm exaggerating a tad :)

Emily - Unfortunately I have too many vet bills right now to join the gift swap. I'm hoping we'll do another one when I have more money :D

Sevens
07-21-2003, 09:55 PM
Aww, poor Reece. Sweet boy, I hope he feels better soon!

Also, I hope you feel better soon aly...we all know how stressful it is when one our pups gets sick.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it wil be a better day tomorrow for you and the pups. :)

CamCamPup33
07-21-2003, 10:01 PM
Reece,
Dont scare your momma like that!! hope you get better soon reece! :)

lovemyshiba
07-21-2003, 10:43 PM
lol, Aly--one million dollars and 43 cents!!!

It sounds like Reece is feeling better--you know him best, so I'm sure he is best home with you.

We'll keep little Reecie Peecie in our prayers, hoping his tum-tum feels better!!

As for Peka, you know I'm thinking of her--I hope she is not in any pain:(

shais_mom
07-21-2003, 11:08 PM
Get Better soon Sweet Reecie!

anna_66
07-22-2003, 07:21 AM
Oh poor Reece, I hope he's feeling better today:)

And Peka, give that sweetie a kiss for me.

pitc9
07-22-2003, 10:00 AM
Sierra and Buddy send there best wishes for Reece!!!

I have a dog at my parents house that has a tummy made a steel!! She once ate a 1 pound bag of peanut M&M's, and another time she ate an entire huge summer sausage and she never got sick!!! Some pups can handle to much junk food....some can't!!

We all hope Reece feels better soon!!!

aly
07-22-2003, 10:00 AM
Reece tore up a pizza box this morning while I was at school. Hahaha. He can finally eat again today, but he has to be on I/D food this week. He probably won't mind it and be happy I'm not starving him anymore :)