PDA

View Full Version : Cat Literature

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-21-2003, 01:44 AM
I just wanted to share with all of you the name of one of my all-time favourite authors - DERIC LONGDEN. He writes wonderful books about his life with his blind wife, author Aileen Armitage, and his FABULOUS CATS!

If you love cats, you will read these books in gales of laughter, with tears streaming down your face! He transfers their little personalities onto the page, and by the end of the book you feel like they are YOUR cats too!

Has anyone else got any suggestions for good books to read, especially for us cat lovers?

Harley
07-21-2003, 07:01 AM
The first thing I did was check out amazon.com and read about Longden's cat books, which easily convinced me that you were absolutely right on target describing his works. Next, I checked out my public library's web site to see what it has - NOTHING! I was so disappointed. I'm a library user - not so much a book buyer but I may have to make an exception here! :)

I highly recommend the series by Peter Gethers and his Scottish Fold cat, Norton. (The Cat Who Went to Paris ) There are 3 books about this charming cat who "proves that sometimes all it takes is paws and personality to change a life." Peter Gethers was a confirmed loner and cat hater - until Norton entered his life. You'll fall in love - guaranteed.

I also loved Hiss and Tell :True Stories from the Files of a Cat Shrink by Pam Johnson-Bennett. Each chapter describes some of the wildest and most unusual house calls of her career as a feline behaviorist. She has other books on cat behavior too, but this is the only one I've read.

Barbara
07-21-2003, 07:04 AM
I love the cat mysteries by Rita Mae Brown: her cat is her co-author AND the cat is the detective:D :D

rg_girlca
07-21-2003, 11:47 AM
I really enjoyed reading Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul. Stories about pets as teachers, healers, heroes and friends. These are true stories by people like, Barbara Bush, Jimmy Stewart, Betty White, Gilda Radner and more.