PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!!!

Amber_The_Pet_Lover
07-20-2003, 09:41 PM
:confused: I have such a problem!! This past month I have been trying to find a good small pet for me. Something that lives long, small. I really really want a new pet. I already have 1 dog 1 cat and a hamster. I was thinking of another hamster. But my dad is hard to convince I can take care of another pet. Any ideas? on small pet and how to convince my parents? Thankyou alot!!

I Love Brian, Forever <3
07-20-2003, 10:09 PM
Hey.

Are you sure you're ready to take on the responsibility of caring for another life? Why don't you wait for the chance to rescue one? ;) :)

binka_nugget
07-20-2003, 10:29 PM
I think the best way to convince your parents is to show them how responsible you are with your current pets. If you don't walk the dog often, you could walk it everyday and keep it up. If you don't clean the litter box often, do that. Maybe cleaning the hamster's cage if you don't do it too often. If you could keep up with taking care of all the pets, your parents should see that you're ready for another addition to the family.

HoRsELUvR
07-21-2003, 09:32 AM
I agree.show your parents you are a responsible pet owner and then if you still want a new pet,ask.having lots of pets is a big responsibility,but if you show them you are responsible,maybe they will let you have another pet.

Amber_The_Pet_Lover
07-21-2003, 10:18 AM
:) Thankyou everyone for the information. But It might be hard cause I do all the work. Walking the dog, Cleaning the litter Box, and Hamster cage. But I could try other new things. But any ideas on a type of pet??
Thankyou Everyone!

Amber_The_Pet_Lover
07-21-2003, 10:37 AM
Yes, I Love Brian, Forever <3 Im really really ready for any new friend. But Im confussed what to get. Do you mean rescue a dog or a cat??

CamCamPup33
07-21-2003, 11:56 AM
No i think she means a different animal like you said something small.. they have other types of animals at different kinds of shelters.. Try here : www.Petfinder.com they have plenty of things for you there!

CamCamPup33
07-21-2003, 11:57 AM
by the way where are you located?

Amber_The_Pet_Lover
07-21-2003, 01:45 PM
Hi! Im located at St.Marys, Ohio, Usa my zip is 45885

Amber_The_Pet_Lover
07-21-2003, 01:48 PM
CamCampup33 I have looked on petfinder. Only the dogs though there is alot I like though!

Maybe I could get a older cat my parents like cats! cats were my first pet!~ lol hehe

popcornbird
07-21-2003, 02:04 PM
Although hamsters make wonderful pets, you said you want a *small pet that lives long*. Unfortunately, hamsters don't live too long. :(

If you want a small pet that lives long and makes a wonderful pet, I would recommend getting a bird. They live very long. A little parakeet can live to be 10-15 years old, and some even make it to their 20s. A cockatiel can easily live to be 20-25 years, and many even live into their 30s or early 40s. I believe lovebirds can live to be 20 or so, and if you want a bigger bird, they can live to be 80 to over 100 years :eek:, but then they wouldn't be a small pet and they cost thousands of dollars, so I don't know if you're parents would be willing to get one. I would say go for a cockatiel, or lovebird, or budgie, for a first bird. Of the 3, I recommend getting a cockatiel, mainly because I have 2, and from my experience with them, there couldn't be a better pet. Birds are so acrobatic, clowny, loving, and cuddly, and they can keep you laughing and entertained for hours. They are also very intelligent, and they say cockatiels have the minds of a 2-3 year old child, so they are very intelligent, and bring years of joy. They are also a *small pet* so I think they would fit into what you're looking for.

I don't know how to convince your parents, but I wish you luck in getting another pet. If you decide to get a feathered friend, or other small pet, make sure you have a safe place to house them away from your larger pets, and be sure to do extensive research on the breed you plan on getting before bringing a new animal into your lives!

Amber_The_Pet_Lover
07-21-2003, 02:16 PM
Birds are great pets. But we used to have 2 mean parakeets. we got the from the petshop (Bad Mistake) so they wouldnt let me handle them even though I tried and tried. And anyways my brother dont like birds. :( :( :(

CamCamPup33
07-21-2003, 05:30 PM
they have other pets:) ;)

CamCamPup33
07-21-2003, 05:32 PM
what about a bunny? they make great pets!! and they arent too hard to take care of...

CamCamPup33
07-21-2003, 05:36 PM
scout is adorable!! click there to see!

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=1877828&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=3f1c6a9f0edb2a23-app1&display=&preview=1&row=0

Amber_The_Pet_Lover
07-21-2003, 05:49 PM
Cute Bunny!