PDA

View Full Version : Maybe another dog!!!!

apcrs5122
07-20-2003, 04:26 PM
I've been talking to my mom about this, but she doesn't want another dog. I'm planning on starting 4-h, and if I do, I'm going to do obiediance (sp) and probably agility, and Alex can definatly not do agility, and wouldn't pay attention in obiediance.

Anyway, I'm soooooo happy about it! I just wanted to share, and if we do start seriouly looking for a dog, I'll keep ya updated!

GoldenRetrLuver
07-21-2003, 09:12 AM
Yay! Congrats! Any idea on what breed, or still try to convince her first? :)

Kfamr
07-21-2003, 10:23 AM
Oh my gosh......

I WANT SCARLET!!!! She's so gorgeous.. Look at her wrinkles!!

Oh my gosh... I'm in love!!!:D

apcrs5122
07-21-2003, 11:03 AM
LOL, Kay ann:D I know, she is GORGEOUS!!! Whenever I see this pic of her, I think she's a puppy, but she's full grown!:eek: About 2 1/2 years! When I was at the shelter on Saturday and walking dogs (in the major heat, but they enjoyed it anyway;)), I didn't see her there!:eek: But she's still on petfinder, so I don't know what it is, I didn't think to ask:o

Oh, and to answer your question(s) Julie, I'm kind of still convincing her, but she's talking about it alot. I'm also going to do horse related things in 4-h, and where I live is in a different district than my aunt and all of my friends (but only an hour away; this stuff is CONFUSING!!!:eek: lol). But we are most likely adopt from the shelter, and we're thinking about what breeds would be good for agility/obiediance. We would prefer to not get a border collie, although they make great dogs. Maybe a sheltie (;)), but we're really thinking about an Austrailian Shepard (mix probably with it being in the shelter), or possibly an Austrailian Cattle Dog. We don't really know, but like I said, I promise to keep you updated:D

Oh, and by the way, what do you guys think about Dobermans doing agility? I've read in magazines that they were in the top 10 list, but I'm not really sure. My aunt and family down in Louisiana have a doberman that they rescued from the middle of the road as a pup, and they can't keep her due to my aunt's health reasons. She's really sweet and good-tempered, not at all the typical doberman (or at least what people think; those people aren't us). As my aunt says "There isn't a mean bone in her body." Anyway, what do you guys think? Is there a breed that you would recomend?

CamCamPup33
07-21-2003, 11:41 AM
yay!! Well you know since you getting a new pup or maybe that you are gonna have to take alot of pictures that way you can get a camera!! :D ;)

apcrs5122
07-21-2003, 12:05 PM
LOL, yeah!

Kfamr
07-21-2003, 12:32 PM
Ugh... Now I want another baby. :(

Kfamr
07-21-2003, 12:37 PM
Dad
Me

"Dad, We need another Dog."

"Nuh UH!" *while walking out door.*

I'll get him... trust me... just like I got him to get Nala.
We'll start by going back to the Humane Society like we did almost everyday for months.

:D :p

apcrs5122
07-21-2003, 12:38 PM
LOL, I bet Scarlet would really like Simba and Nala;) But you'd have to drive to Kansas to get her, of course:p

Kfamr
07-21-2003, 12:47 PM
Yeah.. She looks more like a Kiara to me though. :p

GoldenRetrLuver
07-21-2003, 06:47 PM
Ausises are great! :D. I had one, but he passed away..:(

Heres a pic of him (he was an aussie/pit bull mix.)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/p1f0704696c02053a9b0b0e17f7f0b650/fbd7f148.jpg

Good Luck! :D :)