PDA

View Full Version : The Whole "Shebang"!

kimlovescats
07-19-2003, 04:25 PM
Ok... my husband and I have settled it once and for all! We now have SIXTEEN permanent resident cats! :eek: We have been through thick and thin .... a viral epidemic and a recent flea INFESTATION ... with these cats, and we simply cannot give them up! During the recent flea infestation ... we had to put them all outside for several hours in our "cat-proof enclosure". There was one tiny low place under the fence, and Lacie dug her way out!!!! Boots followed her, but we were able to find him hiding in a nearby drainage pipe!!! Unfortunately, we have not seen Lacie in a couple of weeks now... and it breaks my heart! We have called, looked, and put food out for her. Poor Lacie was still very feral .... and just hated being indoors. I feel so guilty that she is back on the streets, and worst of all had not been spayed yet!!!:( At least I have some concellation that her babies are well provided for and will definitely be spayed/neutered. I still hope that she will show back up one day ... I can't imagine why she wouldn't want to return to such a loving and safe environment!?:confused:

Anway ... my husband added all new 2 x 4's around the bottom of our fence ... so assure that no one will be able to dig out again! Most of them are happy to just stay in the yard, and don't even attempt an escape! THANK GOD! If we hadn't had to fog the garage for so long, this wouldn't have happened. :(

So, as it stands ... we've decided to keep all the others ... all 16. This will end my ability to take in more ... but that doesn't mean that I can't feed ferals, or help with trapping / altering, etc.!! I will never cease to care for the homeless kitties of the world!!!

Here is my new signature tag including all sixteen! If it is too large, I may not use it for very long! :D http://www.kimscats.com/MySixteenCats.jpg

Uabassoon
07-19-2003, 04:28 PM
They are all so cute! However I'm going to be really upset with you if I don't see some more pictures of them :D . Those are 16 of the cutest little faces in the world.

rg_girlca
07-19-2003, 04:44 PM
Kim, I envy you to be able to have 16 gorgeous, adorable kitties amongst you. Thanks for sharing them all with us.

As for Lacie, please don't feel guilty. It wasn't your fault. She saw her chance of escape and used it. I'm sure when she is good and ready, you will see her again.:)

AmberLee
07-19-2003, 06:05 PM
What a beautiful signature table! Wonderful.

jenluckenbach
07-19-2003, 06:16 PM
Poor Lacie. :( She just did what she thought she had to do, she could not know that staying would have been better for her. I will pray for her.
As for the others, they look so great together. :D

Lorraine
07-19-2003, 08:36 PM
What a incredibly beautiful kitty clan! They are all so precious!:)
I hope Lacie may decide to come back home. She didn't know what a wonderful life she could have had with you. I hope she is safe, and fed wherever she is.

Freckles
07-19-2003, 08:46 PM
That's a great picture of the whole group. Are the pics in a special order? ie: maybe Grace is your first cat, Harper the second, etc.

kimlovescats
07-19-2003, 08:52 PM
The first two rows are in the order I "got them"... the last two rows are all the ones I took in through my rescue efforts! ;o)

catmandu
07-20-2003, 10:18 AM
There will be a place in Cat Heaven for Your husband and Yourself. we are praying that Lacie is doing all right1 My rescues Nugget and Rascal , who wer born ferals are the same way. tney come into eat and even thougn they are neuterdc , they wont stay inside but in the fort I built in the back yard!Bless You!

Barbara
07-20-2003, 11:12 AM
I think we all agree that signature size can be proportional to the number of kitties in it:p

They look very cute and well-groomed.

We hope that Lacie comes back soon but we know she may want to have that experience again -being a proud mom:) So we hope that at least she comes back when she's in "difficulties" again:)