PDA

View Full Version : For 10 million dollars..

slleipnir
07-19-2003, 10:17 AM
Would you sell your furbaby(s)? To me, this question seems stupid..This convo came up today at work..The cook said 'No way, wouldn't happen' and the other waitress said 'You wouldn't?! For 10 million? Omg, I'd sell my family for that!" I said I wouldn't either. She went on like 'well you could buy another one, you know? imagen what you could do with it!' I asked her if she'd honoustly 'sell' a family member if it was possible, and shes like yeah i couldn't..and I was like, well my dogs are like family to me..I don't see how you can just 'get another one'..gr..Money can't buy the love you can get from your animals..its not something you can replace..Then again, she said she'd never see her mom again for 10 mill..:x I couldn't do that either..I need my family..again, nothing money can buy..10 mill wouldn't be bad mind you :rolleyes:

Karen
07-19-2003, 10:25 AM
I would say no, absolutely not - but for $5 million, I'll let you pet her while I hold her, and I'll let you buy her parsley! ;)

GoldenRetrLuver
07-19-2003, 12:00 PM
Hmm...maybe I would for 10 million....NO WAY! :D You can't put a price on them, and I never will. :)

Uabassoon
07-19-2003, 12:04 PM
I don't think I could sell my babies for $10 million. However if the person was offering that much money because they loved one my of cats so much and I could visit everyday and they would live close to me I might consider it for a second. If someone has that much money they would be able to give my kitty everything that I can't like lots of huge cat trees, a bigger house for them to run around instead of this tiny apt. and I would go visit everyday. But I think if that actually happened I would say no.

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-19-2003, 12:05 PM
NO WAY!!!!

money can't buy you happiness... but Tinky and Jupiter give me LOADS of happiness EVERY DAY!!!!!:D

Foam
07-19-2003, 12:12 PM
Never! I don't care if it's all the money in the owrld! My furbabies mean the world to me! :D

ChloeLove
07-19-2003, 12:18 PM
NO WAY! They're my family, and it's just plain wrong to sell your family.

07-19-2003, 12:18 PM
NO WAY!! NEVER!!!:mad: :)

lovemyshiba
07-19-2003, 02:21 PM
Nope--not for any amount of money!!

Kfamr
07-19-2003, 03:45 PM
NEVER NEVER NEVER! Selling my babies would be just like selling my life.

How could she even say you can "get another one" ??? Nothing could replace the bond you have with a current pet.

Sell Brother or Sister?? YES YES YES!!!

Cincy'sMom
07-19-2003, 04:16 PM
My first answer is no way, no how, never!

The reality is, if I were in a position where I could no longer care for my animals properly and being with me meant they would not be cared for in the way they should, and someone who could care for them and who would love them they same as I did, then I would have to think about it. But in that case, I would rather give them to someone for free, that would love them, then someone just because of the money.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-19-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Karen
I would say no, absolutely not - but for $5 million, I'll let you pet her while I hold her, and I'll let you buy her parsley! ;)

Hehe... I had to laugh at that one... Good one Karen....

There is no way I would sell my pets. Not if you gave me $100 million, not if you gave me a billion. Like Kfamr said, it would be like selling your life to someone.

Crikit
07-19-2003, 04:22 PM
I would die before I sold any of my dogs for any amount of money.

kitten645
07-19-2003, 06:44 PM
I'd sell my family for that...humans are darn annoying...LOL j/k but never my kitties. They are priceless.

anna_66
07-20-2003, 07:03 AM
not for any amout of $$$$$:D

bluekat
07-20-2003, 09:28 AM
No Way!!!

NoahsMommy
07-20-2003, 10:19 AM
Both Wolflady and I say, "Definitely NOT!!!!" They're our babies, even if they are annoying sometimes...Aaron is still trying to be Noah's friend. ;)

kingrattus
07-20-2003, 09:15 PM
I would never ever sell any of my pets, their my babies!! Well ok, I lied, I would sell my guppies for that kind of money!! The guppies r feeder guppies & they live with Axle, so their not 100% pets, but I don't have to tell the buyer that hhhhehehe

aly
07-20-2003, 10:13 PM
NO WAY!!

Kfamr
07-20-2003, 10:25 PM
Buuutttttt Aly... *flashes money in the air*

Twisterdog
07-20-2003, 10:41 PM
Ok, I can't resist playing devil's advocate here .... :D

What if ...... the person offering you $10 million for your pets would truly love them, and would provide a wonderful home for them for the rest of their lives? AND, what if you took the $10 million and saved the lives of millions of animals with it, either by paying for spaying/neutering all across the world, or by starting huge, wonderful animal shelters, or by donating money for veterinary care, etc. Then you would know your pets would still be loved, and you would be saving millions of other pets from death, starvation, illness and fear.

Would you do it?

aly
07-20-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog

What if ...... the person offering you $10 million for your pets would truly love them, and would provide a wonderful home for them for the rest of their lives? AND, what if you took the $10 million and saved the lives of millions of animals with it, either by paying for spaying/neutering all across the world, or by starting huge, wonderful animal shelters, or by donating money for veterinary care, etc. Then you would know your pets would still be loved, and you would be saving millions of other pets from death, starvation, illness and fear.

Would you do it?

Oh geeeeeeeeeeeeeez :( Could I still visit my babies? :(

If they were well loved and cared for, and lived the life of luxury, and were very happy where they were AND it allowed me to save millions of animals ..... I would have to. But I would be devastated without them :( :( :( :( :( Tears are streaming down my face just thinking about it.

Karen
07-20-2003, 11:09 PM

Would you do it?

I'd still stick with my 5 million offer:

for $5 million, I'll let you pet her while I hold her, and I'll let you buy her parsley! and I could help an awful lot of animals for $5 million, and Miss Hoppy might charm the person into spending their $5 million to help animals, too.

GoldenRetrLuver
07-20-2003, 11:17 PM

Would you do it?

Ohhhhhh....thats VERY tough....IF I knew they would be very well taken for, loved, AND if I could still see them, I would do it. But I don't think it will ever happen. ;)

wolf_Q
07-20-2003, 11:20 PM
Of course not! Sure I could buy another poodle, schnauzer, and husky....but would they be the same dorky boys? Nope!

KYS
07-20-2003, 11:28 PM
NOPE!!!!!

HoRsELUvR
07-21-2003, 09:40 AM
I cant imagine giving up my cats for any amount of money.they are truly unique and i couldn't give them up.

popcornbird
07-21-2003, 01:51 PM
NO WAY! NEVER! NOT FOR A BILLION DOLLARS! :eek:

Would you do it?

Actually, honestly, no I wouldn't. Even if they are loved, and have a wonderful home for the rest of their lives, they are MY babies and no one else's. It would kill me knowing my babies are healthy and living a wonderful life with someone other than me. :( No, I wouldn't give up my pets for anything in the world. I can't. They are a part of me and life without them would be torture, even knowing they are in good hands, EVEN if I could visit them. They are MINE MINE MINE and no one else's. :p

Also, I don't think my pets would be happy with anyone else, even if they were given all the attention in the world. They are much too attached to us and don't like other people that much. It would break my heart and their's, just to let someone else have them for the money. :( No way. I wouldn't care about saving other animals if my own babies are with someone else. I wouldn't do it. I would feel like the most unloyal pet mommy to do such a thing, so honestly, if that happened. I wouldn't save a single animal with the money. I would get my babies back first...wait, I would never have given them to start with. :p

CathyBogart
07-21-2003, 02:22 PM
Absolutely not. My co-worker keeps making increasing offers on my bearded dragon, and I have refused him time and time again. He offered me $400 last time, and Alielle stays with me! Now, if I ever found someone that I -knew- would take vastly better care of her than I (yeah right! ^.^) they could have her, if I couldn't improve my care to match theirs. :(

I certainly hope nothing like that ever happens though.