PDA

View Full Version : Ally the Hunter......

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-19-2003, 02:38 AM
Ally was being VERY brave last night - saving her Meowmie from the evil ghekos.......

I see you........
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid70/pc2414cbf72f1b3670d1e37f722aed83d/fba29096.jpg

Now... if... I... can ... just ... hang ... on .....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid70/pcb67082b40f6bf5f9bd5c616adef323d/fba2907e.jpg

This was followed by a VERY un-graceful landing in the bath, but never mind, there's bound to be another gheko on the window this evening!

(Luckily most of them stay outside!!!)
;)

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-19-2003, 03:31 AM
Hi Popcornbird,

Yep, we have TONS of Ghekos at this time of year! Occasionally one will come inside, and then I hide in another room until my teenage son has disposed of it (he just catches them and releases them outside - we don't harm them). I am not a squeemish person by nature, but there is just something about Ghekos that totally grosses me out!!!:eek:

Ally has occasionally caught one, but I don't even want to talk about that.......:eek:

Barbara
07-19-2003, 04:59 AM
Ok, I freak out if I see spiders but I think geckos are really cute. I've seen them a lot in South East Asia and as they help you to get rid of the other creepy crawly stuff I really like them a lot:)

P.S. No spider problem here: Tigris eats them:D

zanzanfergie
07-19-2003, 07:17 AM
What gorgeous pictures! LOL, you are so lucky to have Ally protecting you :D and of course, we are so lucky you were able to capture the moment.

I love geckos and skinks. When I was little me and my little sister used to catch them and keep them for pets. The tough part was catching live flies for them to eat :rolleyes:

lailamara
07-19-2003, 09:05 AM
Was there water in the tub?:p Ally sure is a cutie. I too love geckos and other lizards. I travel a lot to countries where they are everywhere. I feel better knowing that they are around in my room to protect me from other bugs. Barbara, Maya is a great hunter of spiders like Tigris. But she doesn't kill them. She carries them and gently places them in my bed.:eek:

cubby31682
07-19-2003, 09:13 AM
Ok this has nothing to do witht he subject but it made me thing of my Aunt. 3 days after my father died my Aunt and Uncle showed up from New York. I went in side the house to get a drink of water. And all the sudden I hear my Aunt screaming at the top of her lungs. I run into the living room to see her running in circles and all the cats just watching her. She finally ran outside to my Uncle and said that there was a bug inside our house. My mom seen the bug and it was a misqueto ?spelling? And there was also a spider crawling around on the floor. So my Uncle came running in and killed the misqueto and but before he could get the spider the cats have taken care of it. I remember this part of that week clear as day. I don't think I ever laughed so much and so hard at my Aunt before. My Mom started laughing which was good for her as it was for all of us at the time. My mom told me that they were talking about my dad and what had happened the my Aunt got up and started screaming. I am glad I came in the house when I did or I would have missed it.

K & L
07-19-2003, 09:13 AM
:eek: :D :eek: :D Good Picture!

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-19-2003, 09:18 AM
:eek: those pictures are SO FUNNY...... espically the last one....

Ally was being the expert huntress huh?;) She must have REALLY wanted to catch that gecko....:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-21-2003, 01:31 PM
Ally you silly kitty, your paws don't stick like gecko paws do! :D

Great pics! :D

apcrs5122
07-21-2003, 01:32 PM
Goofy Ally, Tryin to get them gheckos;) :D

kimlovescats
07-21-2003, 02:09 PM
OHHHHH, Ally is sooooo adorable! I just love her cow-spots :eek: and what cute pics!!! :D

ramanth
07-21-2003, 02:28 PM
LOL! I love that second pic. :D