PDA

View Full Version : What an awful sound!!!!

Stenograsaurus
07-18-2003, 08:36 PM
My neighbors got a puppy. Why is beyond me. :confused: The wife and daugher are allergic to dogs. The poor thing is outside bawling its head off now. It is so awful to hear. It will not be an inside dog and it sounds so young. I haven't seen it yet. My hubby says he thinks it's a little beagle or something. That makes sense. They would only own a hunting dog. This is so heartbreaking. I don't know how I'll be able to sleep tonight listening to that poor thing. :( Anybody want to sneak into my neighborhood and steal a dog? I need a good story or poem from the dog's point of view on what it's like to live as an outside dog. I'll anonymously mail it to them. Anybody have any?

lovemyshiba
07-18-2003, 08:43 PM
I don't have a poem or story, but I would be more than happy to come and steal the pup--I can be there in under an hour!!

That certainly sounds like a sad situation, poor pup:(
I hope it gets inside, or taken to a nicer home.

lizbud
07-18-2003, 11:06 PM
Here's one I found, I'm sure there are many others.

THE BACKYARD DOG

You see in every community, a dog tied day after day
to a tree or a porch or fence, lying lonely on a bed of bare, packed dirt.
The water bowl, if there is one, is usally empty or just beyond reach.
Abandoned, but chained up in the backyard, dog cannot move
to confort or shelter themselves. In winter they shiver,
in summer they lauguish... year round they suffer.

Ofcourse, dogs can be forced to live outside, alone and always from
the human pack, but to force this kind of life on a dog is the
worst thing you can do. Being alone goes against the dog's
most basic instinct. If you doubt this, think of all the whining,
barking, and clawing dogs you have seen outside.
These dogs are trying desperately to get the attention of their human family.

People who keep their dogs constantly tired outside rationalize it,
saying that they do spend time with them. But even the most well - meaning
among them do not spend significant time with their animal companions.
Under the best circumstances, the backyard dog gets a bowl of food
and water, a quick pat on the head and just maybe
a few minutes of contact with another living being each day.

Dogs can offer people the gift of steadfast devotion, abiding love
and joyful companionship, Unless people except these
offering and take time to return them in kindness,
it would be best not to get a dog.
A sad, lonely, bewildered dog tied out back only suffers,
what sort of people wants to maintain suffering?

Why can't "working dogs" also be inside family dogs? It's a
very sad sound to hear those pitiful cries of distress.:(

I Love Brian, Forever <3
07-18-2003, 11:25 PM
That's terrible.

I could never imagine having one of my babies as an outside dog. I'd be worrying constantly about them. As it is, when my dogs go outside, I check on them every few minutes, to be sure they're still in the yard and are ok. Please DO send an anonymous note to your neighbors.

Tonya
07-19-2003, 12:33 AM
Poor baby! I hope they start giving him some attention! I'd send them that note if I were you.

I'm sorry, but I do disagree on the outside dog thing. I think it is possible for a dog to be well balanced and happy and be outside only...When the humans practically live outside. If might be hard for some of you to understand that, especially if you are used to city dogs. But, I've grown up in a farming community, around lots of working ranch doggies. If the humans spend their days outdoors with the dog, I think it is harmless for the dogs to simply sleep outside.

My dad's dog is outside only. They have better quality time then most dogs. He's "helping" my dad all day long on the field. He goes everywhere my dad goes. They talk and give each other hugs and kisses throughout the day. At the end of the day, they jump in the pool together. After that, my dad actually prepares a special warm meal for him. Then, he tucks him in his climate controlled house. (Heating pad, space heater aimed at it in winter, fan in summer). Does that sound depressing and neglected?

Of course there is an acceptation. There are lots of people who work all day, come home, spend 5 minutes feeding and talking to their dogs...and then wonder why they have behavioral problems. That is wrong.

I think that we all need to understand that there are thousands of different people here. We come from all regions; from harsh climates to beautiful climates. From blue collar, to white collar... From cities to rural areas. We do not all live the same lifestyles. We do not all face the same dangers and worries. What is good for one isn't always good for the other. That doesn't mean it is wrong. There is one thing that we all have in common. We love animals. If we love our animals, we of course do what we think is best for them.

primabella
07-19-2003, 09:13 AM
Poor dog :9 I have neighbors (street in back of mine) who own a Golden who is constantly crying. his eyes are blood red at the bottom. He walks around in his own filth all day and I think the highlight of his day is when I bring Mick by that street so he can see him. I feel terrible. Stupid idiotic people don't deserve to own animals! :mad: The house next to that one, there is also a (I think) neglected Golden. The owners just sit out and tell him to shut-up whenever he barks. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I hope that e-mail idea of yours works. It's so terrible.

iceyshiver21
07-19-2003, 11:49 AM
Another?? Oh..in a few days..its still gonna be crying and guess what they won't beable to stand it. Is this a future shelter pup? Lets hope not.

GoldenRetrLuver
07-19-2003, 12:31 PM
Thats awful....poor pup....I think you should definatley send an anonymous letter to them. Why someone would buy a puppy if they are allergic to them and keeps them outside 24/7 is beyond me...
:( :mad:

Stenograsaurus
07-22-2003, 10:52 AM
Liz, I printed out what you posted and have it ready to send. It will most likely fall on deaf ears though.

Iceyshiver, I can assure you that this will not be another shelter pup. They wouldn't take the time to drive it to the shelter when they get fed up. :( :mad:

iceyshiver21
07-22-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Stenograsaurus
Iceyshiver, I can assure you that this will not be another shelter pup. They wouldn't take the time to drive it to the shelter when they get fed up. :( :mad:
:( :( :( Sad :( :( :(

pitc9
07-22-2003, 04:58 PM
I hope your words do not fall on deaf ears!

I just found homes for two golden/blk lab mix pups that were left outside since they were 13 weeks old! It took me almost 6 months to talk the guy into giving them to me so I could find a home for them!! I did, the women took both, and they are wonderful inside dogs now!!

I don't understand some people!

Stenograsaurus
07-23-2003, 11:13 AM
Well, I met the little squacker last night. Her name is Ruby. She is a six week old Beagle puppy. Boy was she cute. The mom held her for a little bit and had started breaking out in hives so I know she is really allergic to her. I told her how heartbreaking it was to hear her crying. I explained to her that she is crying because she is scared and lonely. Bringing her in the house was not an option, so I suggested getting a clock that ticks to put in with her in the crate to remind her of the mom's heartbeat. They are keeping the puppy in the garage when they aren't outside with her. The family does spend a lot of time outside.
I was holding the puppy and started doing "the mommy sway". The mom said that Ruby was acting just like a baby, laying her head on my shoulder. I explained that they are just like little babies, they rely on you for everything. The owners drove two hours away to get the puppy from a farmer in Brookville. (backyard breeder?) The puppy has all her shots. Unfortunately the dog will never be an inside dog but I feel a little better after talking to her.

lizbud
07-23-2003, 09:11 PM
Stenograsaurus,

Awe... her name is Ruby & she's a 6 week old baby.:) :)
It makes me feel better too, now that you've met the lady
who has Ruby. I hope you will be able to meet up accidently
sometimes to check up on this pup from time to time. Good
advice to her about the clock idea. I hope you'll be able to be
a good, positive influence in Ruby's life. Maybe sneak a pic.:D

CamCamPup33
07-23-2003, 09:16 PM
ooohhhh ask her if you could keep her with you in your house and they can visit her when ever.. :rolleyes: i just want some pictures! thats soo sad that ruby will never be an inside dog.. she is wayyy young to be outside all alone.. :(