PDA

View Full Version : Bambi Hunt

Cheshirekatt
07-18-2003, 07:42 PM
Sometimes I really wonder about people.....

:rolleyes:

Las Vegas Groups Protest Naked 'Bambi' Hunts
Fri Jul 18, 9:04 AM ET

By Steve Friess

LAS VEGAS (Reuters) - Outraged by a Las Vegas company that claims to offer men a chance to stalk and shoot naked women in the Nevada desert with paintball guns, women's groups and government agencies were scrambling to find a way to shut down such "Bambi" hunts.

"As soon as I found out about this, I called for an investigation," Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman said. "Las Vegas is a place where anything goes, but this crosses the line if this is real."

Real Men Outdoor Productions Inc., insists it is doing nothing illegal and only providing another variety of adult entertainment in a city celebrated for sin.

But critics, some of whom maintain that the hunts may be a hoax to drum up publicity for sales of a "Hunting for Bambi" video, say it should be shut down.

The company has a Las Vegas business license to sell a $20 video of hunters chasing nude women through the woods as a spoof on hunting videos that feature men hunting deer.

That video was staged, Real Men spokesman David Krekelberg said, but it gave rise to the idea of hosting hunts with paintball guns and charging men $10,000 for such weekend tours.

Krekelberg said the company has so far hosted 18 "Bambi" hunts in undisclosed locations around Las Vegas. In each, a hunter faces off with two women dressed in nothing but sneakers, each of whom receive $1,000 and can earn up to $2,500 if they make it through the hour without being struck by the paintball, he said.

But Jodi Tyson, director of the Nevada Coalition Against Sexual Violence called the "Bambi" hunts offensive, dangerous and exploitative.

The world's largest paintball products maker, Brass Eagle Inc, has also protested the hunts.

The U.S. Bureau of Land Management (news - web sites) is also looking into speculation that the hunts have taken place without permits on public property. About 90 percent of Nevada is owned by the federal government.

"In our patrol of the lands, if they're out there without a permit and we find them, we would cite them," BLM spokeswoman Jo Simpson said.

Krekelberg denied that any of the hunts had occurred on federal property, saying only that they occur on private estates in southern Nevada. He refused to say where out of fear of sabotage, noting that "there are nuts out there who would come in and throw a wrench in there."

He also asserted the women were not being mistreated, noting that they can wear goggles and helmets for protection if they wish.

Uabassoon
07-18-2003, 09:23 PM
two women dressed in nothing but sneakers, each of whom receive $1,000 and can earn up to $2,500 if they make it through the hour without being struck by the paintball

I can honestly say that I would do it if I would make that much money in 1 hour. I don't even make that much in a month!

Cheshirekatt
07-18-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
I can honestly say that I would do it if I would make that much money in 1 hour. I don't even make that much in a month!

lolololol

But have you ever been hit by a paintball??? They HURT!!

Uabassoon
07-18-2003, 09:50 PM
LOL have you ever been bit or scratched by a cat. That hurts too, yet I still let it happen :D

Cheshirekatt
07-18-2003, 09:54 PM
LOL have you ever been bit or scratched by a cat. That hurts too, yet I still let it happen :D

ROFL

Good point. :D

popcornbird
07-18-2003, 11:35 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I would rather die than do that for a million dollars. :rolleyes: My self dignity is more important than money.

lovemyshiba
07-19-2003, 08:05 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have no self dignity--I would do it!!!!!:D :D :D

Only in Vegas....

allanimalswelcome
07-19-2003, 09:41 AM
Wow...this...is.....interesting.

GoldenRetrLuver
07-19-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have no self dignity--I would do it!!!!!:D :D :D

Only in Vegas....

lolololol :D

This is very intresting.....

iceyshiver21
07-19-2003, 03:01 PM
wow...the only thing that scares me out of it is the paintballs...those suckers HURT! 1,000? That's alot of money. Heck, with that money I can by the best paintball gun and shoot them back.

tatsxxx11
07-21-2003, 06:30 AM
As reported on the news, these "harmless" paint balls can travel up to 100 mph., or faster. They just don't cause discomfort, they can cause severe, bleeding injuries. When "men" play this harmless game with each other, they are dressed in full, protective gear. Here, after "Bambi" is successfully stalked and "hit," she is mounted in the same manner as in a wild animal "kill" and are free to negotiate with the men for a sexual encounter. These women are free to do what they choose for a "buck," yes. A "lot" of money?? Perhaps. But sadly, and not surprisingly, the women get only 10% of the fee charged ($10,000.00) and the real money is made later, by the videos that are made of the "hunt" and then sold over the internet with no "royalties" going to the women. Women throughout history have been viewed as mere sexual objects, to be sold for (and have sold themselves) the gratification of men. That is sad commentary enough. But what is more disturbing than that is the fact that a " harmless game" such as this advances the concept/perception of women as weak and defenseless; trophies to be hunted. The images I saw on TV of these "macho" men in camo gear, stalking and then pointing a "gun" at naked, defenseless women, sickens me. Just as is the case in the hunting of wild animals, the human is armed to the hilt; the prey defenseless. There's enough sexual violence perpetrated upon women as it is. I think these women do themselves and us all, a great diservice at further promoting the perception of women as something to be stalked and subjugated. What a sick, negative example to set for young, adolescent and teenage boys. Scary stuff, in my opinion. Until women start thinking more of themselves, men won't! I have no problem with men glorifying the beauty of a woman's body, or women enjoying the image of an attractive guy. It's the aspects of violence and subjugation that disturb me. How about a bunch of naked, cowering, sneaker clad macho men, scampering about in the woods, cowering behind trees, while armed women hunt and mount them as trophies??? Hard to picture, isn't it??

RICHARD
07-21-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
These women are free to do what they choose for a "buck," yes.

How about a bunch of naked, cowering, sneaker clad macho men, scampering about
in the woods, covering behind trees, while armed women hunt and mount them???

i think you missed the point.

the bambi hunt is just a bunch of does trying to make dough.

naked men hunted and mounted???

not even gonna touch THAT one!!!!

;)

lol

tatsxxx11
07-21-2003, 01:37 PM
I need an editor!:D

CathyBogart
07-21-2003, 02:12 PM
You know.....I'd do it...

It is, after all, a bunch of consenting people doing something they want to do. Yes I've been hit by paintballs, but I've also been hit by airsoft pellets, and I'll take the paintball any day!

catland
07-21-2003, 02:52 PM
think of the sunscreen:eek: :p ;) :cool:

Cheshirekatt
07-21-2003, 11:02 PM
What about the branches, nettles, pine cones and (god forbid!!) poison ivy!?!?!?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

CathyBogart
07-22-2003, 01:34 AM
I don't think there is any poison ivy in that area. Poison oak maybe.

anna_66
07-24-2003, 10:09 AM
How about a bunch of naked, cowering, sneaker clad macho men, scampering about in the woods, cowering behind trees, while armed women hunt and mount them as trophies??? Hard to picture, isn't it??

I don't know...sounds good to me:p

But seriously, I think this is just the stupidest thing I've ever heard of:o

Cookiebaker
07-24-2003, 12:12 PM
Sandra, thank you so much for making the points that you did. I agree with you 110% and couldn't have said it nearly as well.

This has bothered me since the first time I heard about it.

RICHARD
07-24-2003, 12:18 PM
i think the problem we have with this topic is
people making more money, having fun doing it and
never having to dress up for work.

just think of the money saved on suits, slacks, shirts, etc.;)

Edwina's Secretary
07-24-2003, 01:43 PM
Just take out the word "woman" and substitute "dog", "black man", "cat".

How do you feel about it now???

Cookiebaker
07-24-2003, 01:51 PM
Good point Edwina's Secretary!!

RICHARD
07-24-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Just take out the word "woman" and substitute "dog", "black man", "cat".

How do you feel about it now???

ah, i personally don't think that substitution is valid-remember, the women do it WILLINGLY....
it's not a willy-nilly (not the lip sync-ing GRAMMY winners), random, free for all...

it doesn't bother me......I think that people should worry more about the things that women are
made to do AGAINST THEIR WILL..somehow chasing willing, naked women around with a paintball gun
rates higher on the :rolleyes: scale then the
idjits on the batchelorette, for love or money,
or the ridiculous dating shows where women act like a bunch of cheap, sleazy harlots.......i like
my women with a little decorum...but i do wonder just how loose a gal is when she, on the first date, is willing to get drunk, jump into a jacuzzi and swap spit with me.......

what makes women look dumber???

at least the women getting shot at are willing to work for their money.:eek:

Edwina's Secretary
07-24-2003, 02:39 PM
Richard...I agree with you on those ghastly T.V. shows. In a way I feel sorry for those women that they don't have more self-respect but it is their life. However, I refuse to sponsor it and will not allow those shows on MY TV.

My point is the concept....what if the black man or an asian man participated voluntarily? Would the concept be more repugnant? Can you picture a racist watching that shouting for the shooter and then saying...."Boys, let's get us some of that!"

I realize that women and men are willing to do many things to put food on the table. I find prostitution -- a victimless crime in my opinion -- less offensive than this.

RICHARD
07-24-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary

My point is the concept....what if the black man or an asian man participated voluntarily? Would the concept be more repugnant? Can you picture a racist watching that shouting for the shooter and then saying...."Boys, let's get us some of that!"

go back to women....i'm sure there are a few nationalities represented in the 'bambi hunt'

you have to remember that when a person ALLOWS
themselves to be used in that way, they are allowing themselves to be degraded. we can't jump in and say, "WE MUST PROTECT YOU FROM YOURSELF"
because they will come back with the "it's my right...."

our distaste over what they do is distasteful to them because they see nothing wrong with it.

my POV is based solely on their agreeing to do skeezy things to make money.

now, if women were kidnapped and made to 'run bambi' that would be distasteful to me...

tatsxxx11
07-24-2003, 04:54 PM
Willing vs unwilling...hmmm, depends on how one defines "willing." I believe there was a reality show that got shelved recently. The premis?? Homeless men fighting it out, "willingly" for a buck. There was another nixed reality show; a 21st century version of the "Beverly Hillbillies" where poverty stricken real life families from Appalachia were filmed living in their spiffy, DEEEEEE-LUX new digs in some posh neighborhood. Yes, willing participants but for what reason and at what cost? And WHY were those shows cancelled...? Too many people found them offensive and disrespectful to those particular groups! I guess many of us, deperate enough, would do just about anything for money. Women, since the beginning of time, have been taught that when all else fails, sell your body. I guess milenia of desenitization have caused us to find the degredation of women perfectly acceptable. And I suppose many of us, desperate enough, would do just about anything for money. I just find the whole thing very sad. And frankly, I'm sick of men making money from the exploitation of women......willing or not! (Yes, one can be "willing" and still be exploited!)

And Richard, it's the promotion of "benign" activities like "Bambi Hunting," agreed upon by "willing" participants, that leads to those types of totally unacceptable acts of violence perpetrared upon women, like rape and domestic abuse. It sets THE STANDARD!!!!! Women have to start thinking "we're not 'giving the show,' we're running the show!"

RICHARD
07-24-2003, 05:31 PM
There was another nixed reality show; a 21st century version of the "Beverly Hillbillies" where poverty stricken real life families from Appalachia were filmed living in their spiffy, DEEEEEE-LUX new digs in some posh neighborhood.

I just find the whole thing very sad. And frankly, I'm sick of men making money from the exploitation of women......willing or not! (Yes, one can be "willing" and still be exploited!)

well doggies!

then we have to stop women from making any money at all....look at it this way....
if you work for a living and your boss is a man,
aren't you being exploited? the only way that this will change is for women to challenge themselves and the evil sisters who believe that by willingly
volunteering for skeezy shows, jobs and all that other crap, to aspire to doing something noble and smart for themselves...

now, you have probably heard that Kobe Bryant just commissioned (NOT BOUGHT-COMMISSIONED)an 8 carat
purple diamond ring that cost 4 million bucks......
now, here's a guy that commited adultery-for sure,
is charged with rape and publically admits to his infidelity....he asks for forgiveness then gives his wife a ring......

now that's a case of being exploited.....and before everyone says, "i'd make my husband buy me a ring too...." it shows just how much value everyone puts on honesty and the institution of marriage...

i guess it's o.k. to cheat on your wife, as long as you have the bucks to make her happy....

Bryant may deserve to be penalized for his stupidity, but his wife should penalized for taking the ring, period....what kind of message does that send to women????

I'm sick of women making money for being exploited.....willing or not!

RICHARD
07-24-2003, 05:55 PM

And Richard, it's the promotion of "benign" activities like "Bambi Hunting," agreed upon by "willing" participants, that leads to those types of totally unacceptable acts of violence perpetrared upon women, like rape and domestic abuse. It sets THE STANDARD!!!!! Women have to start thinking "we're not 'giving the show,' we're running the show!"

aha!

you just gave your arguement away.....
the standard has to be set, for women and men,
a long time before kids show up on 'JACKASS',
Road rules, extreme dating and all the other crap
that's on the tube.....we need to impress that fact on the kids before they get stupid and end up as a blurb on the telly. If people had more common sense and respect for themselve there would not be the need for "bambu running"..THE STANDARD is "we're not 'giving the show,' we're running the show!" so that must MAKE US THE SHOW.....back to square one???

I don't have a problem with, nor am i 'promoting' the "bangee stalking" game in vegas.....As a matter of fact, i find it hilarious and sad......

don't be angry at these guys that come up with a potentially irritating game....be mad at your sisters who would WILLINGLY sign up to be EXPLOITED in that way.....on second thought don't be mad at them....they may be too far gone to see that money isn't 'all that and a paintball on the ass'....
be mad at their mothers and fathers, who just missed the point of giving their daughters that little self worth that would keep them from
running around naked being shot at with paintballs.....

by the way,
the homeless fighting show was 'in reality' a couple of guys who pitted homeless gents against each other for money, there never was going to be a TV show based on their concept......they instead sold video tapes on a site called "BUMFIGHTS"..

reality show????? i should think not

:eek:

RICHARD
07-28-2003, 03:53 PM
heres to .....

egg on the face, being a sucker, humble pie and
all the good stuff that makes you eat the words you have put to 'screen'.......

the bambi hunt has been exposed as a hoax..

we can all rest easier knowing that naked women won't be prancing across the Vegas landscape.....

i prefer paintballing my women while they are dressed.......when you tie them across the hood naked, people tend to stare at you on the drive home.;)

again, i do not condone the mistreatment of any woman, doe, vixen or other female, warmblooded animal.........however, i do believe in people taking account for their actions, beliefs and behaviors....

once again,

protect your reputation,
it's your most valuable asset.

p.s. and should your husband hand you a 4 mil, 8 carat purple diamond ring for his infidelity, wear it proudly-you got the ring, his 'girlfriend' didn't!;)

catland
07-28-2003, 04:03 PM
It could have been worse. It could have been young women wearing nothing but

BIKE SHORTS :eek: :eek:

Logan
07-28-2003, 04:17 PM
I saw on MSN this morning that it was a hoax, and actually posted it here, then ended up deleting it since I hadn't participated in any of the discussions. Once I read everything posted here and the article, I was glad to find out it wasn't true!!! :eek: