PDA

View Full Version : So, so sad!!

Cheshirekatt
07-18-2003, 06:17 PM
One of the best things about living where I do is the bald eagle nest that is only about 1.5 miles from me.

Every year these two eagles manage to successfully rear one to two baby eaglets. They're amazing. You can go down to the lake and watch the parents teach the youngsters how to fish.

Once I even had one of the parents fly right over my car, dangling a trout heading for the nest.

This year was a record year......not one or two, but THREE babies!! Well, one of them was standing on the edge of the nest, exercising it's wings and part of the nest fell out of the tree!! Noooooooooo!! According to wildlife officials all the babies are ok, and old enough to be on their own, but I'm soooooooo sad!

I really hope they'll rebuild in the same spot and continue to nest there. I drove by it every day and really looked forward to seeing the ealges in there.

iceyshiver21
07-18-2003, 06:19 PM
Aww..poor little one :( Once a bald eagle spent the night in our tree..they are HUGE!!

primabella
07-18-2003, 06:25 PM
Awww I hope they do! :(

lol Kate, I love your sig :D :D

LoudLou
07-18-2003, 06:35 PM
I hope they will rebuild. Glad the babies are all ok.

iceyshiver21 - Great Signature.... Do you do windows & dishes?

;) ;) :D :D

iceyshiver21
07-18-2003, 06:49 PM
I think they should come back next year...you said that they come back year after year right..............???

Hehe..thanks
windows...NOT DISHES :eek: the food on the plates scares me.:eek:

Cheshirekatt
07-18-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21
I think they should come back next year...you said that they come back year after year right..............???

So far.....I really hope they do.

iceyshiver21
07-18-2003, 07:09 PM
They should. Losing one chick should make them move..although I could be wrong. I hope they don't move. There isn't to many more left, and I hope any neighbors you have love and care about them as much as you do.

Cheshirekatt
07-18-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21
They should. Losing one chick should make them move..although I could be wrong. I hope they don't move. There isn't to many more left, and I hope any neighbors you have love and care about them as much as you do.

People around here love them! Every time they have babies it's in the paper and people watchthem almost constantly.

lovemyshiba
07-18-2003, 07:48 PM
That's sad, but what an awesome site--to see those amazing creatures every year!!!
I really hope they come back again!

Do you have any pictures??

Cheshirekatt
07-18-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
That's sad, but what an awesome site--to see those amazing creatures every year!!!
I really hope they come back again!

Do you have any pictures??

Ya know......this is probably what's bothering me more than anything. I swore this year was going to be the year I got some pictures!

Did I??

No!!! *smacks forehead* I could just spit I'm so mad at myself!