PDA

View Full Version : Sasha's kittens are 8 today!

sasha the cat
07-18-2003, 05:12 PM
Mew, I can't believe it was eight years ago today that my five beautiful baby kittens were born! Outside too ... I wasn't ready to let KatMa bring me inside but did let her see my angels on July 19th when they were 1 day old!

At the end of this Birthday Celebration you'll see a photo of me & my babies, taken when they were much bigger than newborns -- about six and a half weeks old.

As some of you know mew-meeeow, I was an abused & abandoned pussycat, about a year old [my Vet thought] when I considered adopting KatMa & Paw-Paw. Three times a day KatMa would feed me (from May onward) and I would let her watch me eat & drink. Also, I'd purr very loud so KatMa knew the food and loving care were both appreciated.

Then after a week or so, I'd sit on KatMa and purrrrrrrrrr and let her pet me. My babies were growing and KatMa was watching very closely! On July 17th KatMa fed me supper at about 10 p.m. and I stayed with her & Paw-Paw, purring and being petted until we called it a night. That was around midnight. Next day KatMa was frantically calling me "Sasha, Sasha"! [her name for me].

She was in a panic, I could hear it in her voice... But, my babies were brand-new and needed me with them 24/7! On July 19th in the afternoon I came when KatMa called. She saw me walking quickly toward her, all sleek and slim. KatMa told me humans do not lose the pregnancy plumpness overnight the way I did.

She fed me and petted me and asked where my babies were. I ate, drank, rested a bit then left. KatMa tried to follow but I was very evasive & she didn't find the kittens. However, Paw-Paw grew up in the house where we live, and he knew exactly where mommacats had kittens in the past, when he was but a wee boy.

He said to KatMa: "come, I know where Sasha has the kittens". And KatMa followed. When I saw they knew where my hide-out was, I let them come in and brought my babies out. KatMa started to cry with joy. That was the day I officially adopted my purrents, July 19, 1995 -- the day after my 5 angels were born!

KatMa was a very good KatGrandMa. She enlisted the neighbours to share in the duties (my babies were born under their enclosed balcony). So, my kittens had nannies! Four young ones who played with them all of the time. I got to eat ice-cream on hot days, and KatMa made me homemade food as well as serving me enriched food for nursing momma cats.

Then, after all my babies had agreed to be adopted by their fursons, someone tried to STEAL ME! KatMa trusts no stranger with cats & Paw-Paw flipped out! I ended up being brought into the Palace and had my own apartment quarters until I got used to the idea that Sasha The Queen was no longer an outdoor, abandoned cat. I was Queen of a whole Palace! My purrsons loved me and valued me...I had hit the mother lode, the jackpot, and had the whole nine yards!!!

But-- OooW! there were other cats living with my purrsons, and a DOG! So, I refused to make friends with any of them as my outside experiences left me fearful of cats, dogs, and all kinds of other animals.

That was okay -- I lived in my private quarters of the Palace until 1999 when I would sometimes join the other furkids upstairs. But I didn't like them around me...too spooky! So at ten o'clock every night Paw-Paw brought me into my purrents bedroom and I stayed with them for an hour or more.

Much to KatMa's regret & sorrow, the other furkids have all passed away after living long, very happy lives. They've made the trip to Rainbow Bridge so I'm an only furkid now. I rule the whole Palace and I love it!

Happy Birthday, my Dear little babies, born July 18, 1995, named:

Carmel, [boy, orange kitty, the largest & dominant one]
Licorice, [boy, black with darker black markings]
WhiteNose, [girl, tuxedo with white nose]
BlackNose, [boy, tuxedo with black nose]
RugRag, [girl, brindled calico, the smallest one]

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p634201fd23fd1a078f09ef7b3aff5cf8/fc1a449c.jpg

Love from Your Mommy Cat, Sasha

GrandKatMa& Paw-Paw love you all. So do I...precious ones!

Steffi N
07-18-2003, 06:37 PM
Sasha, happy birthday to your babies. I know they are eight but they will always be your babies. Tell KatMa and PawPaw that I hope they are all healthy and happy. You are Queen of the Palace and deserve to be. Pets and skritchies and headbumpies to you and to Carmel, Licorice, WhiteNose, BlackNose and RugRag.

slick
07-18-2003, 06:57 PM
What a wonderful story!! Sasha you are so lucky to have found your KatMa and Paw-Paw and I do say a big Happy Furrrday to your babies! I'm sure they are celebrating with extra treats and haven't forgotten your love. Kisses to you sweet Sasha!!

AmberLee
07-18-2003, 08:05 PM
What a marvelous story! Thank you for sharing it with us. Do your furkids still keep in touch with you and their "Grands"?

Lorraine
07-18-2003, 09:05 PM
Sasha my dear, Happy Birthday to your kittens. Your story is very heartwarming. Sending you nose kisses, and headbumpies, from Sammy and Romeo. And a kiss from me!:)

sasha the cat
07-18-2003, 09:22 PM
Mew, me-eow to all of you. Thank you so much for reading about me and my babies and for the kind birthday wishes [purrday wishes?].

KatMa & Paw-Paw keep in touch with Carmel's purrsons. He grew up to be such a big boy -- 18 pounds! But he was the biggest of my babies so maybe he was like his father. KatMa thinks that would have been the really big orange Tom who adopted another neighbour after my kittens were born. There is a gorgeous male Tux cat who is probably 10 now. KatMa wonders if he fathered BlackNose & WhiteNose -- but who knows?

mew. gotta go. Supper time at 10:30 p.m. and KatMa can't feed me if she's being my secretary...

Barbara
07-19-2003, 05:10 AM
Sasha what a wonderful story. It must have been much work to educate so many wonderful kids but one can see how well you did:)

We are glad that you have such a good home now and I must say: I love your literary style:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-21-2003, 01:27 PM
What a great story, Sasha, and what a beautful picture of you and your babies. You certainly are a pretty kitty, and so rightly deserve the title of Queen of the Palace. :D