PDA

View Full Version : Frizzy hair cure

wolfsoul
07-18-2003, 03:40 PM
I've finally found a cure to frizzy hair! lol.

You take 2 eggs, and about 1/2 cup of canola oil, and put it in your dry hair. You leave it on until it dries, then wash it out with shampoo. (Eggs and oil are good for your hair).

I'm proud of myself now lol. And if you keep bushing it when it's wet, it even lets your hair go somewhat straighter :eek: :D So that makes me happy!

just thought I'd share. :)

RockyRoad
07-18-2003, 03:50 PM
Ooh, I'll have to try that! Thanks for sharing, I hate when my hair is frizzy. :)

popcornbird
07-18-2003, 05:24 PM
Cool. I'll have to try that! Can you use olive oil instead? I know olive oil is very good for hair, and we usually don't buy canola oil so........

Where'd you get this tip from BTW? A friend of mine puts egg yolk on her hair for that before taking a shower, but I never tried it because I'm too paranoid. :o I'll have to try this though next time my hair's frizzy! Thanks!

wolfsoul
07-18-2003, 06:04 PM
olive oil would work too, I bet. :)

I just made it up lol. I've read lots of things about putting eggs in your hair, and decided it would probably be better with oil. lol. :o

binka_nugget
07-18-2003, 06:59 PM
Ohhh I'll try it today...I'll tell you how it goes lol.

I Love Brian, Forever <3
07-18-2003, 07:00 PM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. lol. :p :D

Airedalekisses
07-19-2003, 08:15 AM
Kinda like mayonnaise on your head? I hate to think if you rinse it out with hot water-you'd have an omelet! I'm kidding-I hate the frizzies-had them since I was a kid-my hair's stark white so I look like a giant ball of cotton candy in the summer.:D

ChloeLove
07-19-2003, 12:35 PM
I should definately try it out, then! See...look how frizzy my hair is!!! And this is better than usual!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid70/p4bcddfbe32a6d8669c38e6ddb09e4417/fba1dbbc.jpg

(it's a bad pic, but it gives an example of what my hair looks like, but I got it angled a few weeks later. And I straighten it, but it doesn't do much good)

Rottieluver45
07-20-2003, 07:03 PM
Cool! That`s Helpful! I have really curly hair and I can`t control the frizz!

HoRsELUvR
07-21-2003, 09:28 AM
thanks for the tip!i have very frizzy hair sometimes.I have tried olive oil and as long as you dont use it excessively and you wash it out,it works really well.

Jessica12345
07-21-2003, 09:33 AM
i would LOVE to get rid of my frizzies! :D LOL but ive never heard of putting eggs in your hair! :eek: do you have to... like... stir them with a wisp? (sorry if i spelt that wrong... or even if thats not what its called! :p ) LOL

Jessica12345
07-21-2003, 09:34 AM
sorry, forgot a question! :D how long does it last? do u know? im hoping to do it before the first day of school... lol. and could you use cooking oil? lol. :p

isis
07-21-2003, 09:47 AM
that sounds so discusting!!!! LOL. My hair never gets frizzie,but my best friends does and she hates it!!I'll have to tell her that today.:D :p

wolfsoul
07-21-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Jessica12345
i would LOVE to get rid of my frizzies! :D LOL but ive never heard of putting eggs in your hair! :eek: do you have to... like... stir them with a wisp? (sorry if i spelt that wrong... or even if thats not what its called! :p ) LOL

I stir them with a fork, but a wisl would work. :) You just have to make aure that it's very broken up and mixed well.

I'm not sure is cooking oil would work, but probably lol. (just nobody try baby oil. I tried that once....Took me forever to wipe the grease from my hair :eek: )

And it lasts really long. I haven't washed my hair for a couple days and it's still not frizzy! :D I love having no frizzies lol. I think it lasts until whenever you wash your hair next.

popcornbird
07-21-2003, 01:42 PM
Yesterday we had guests over, and I had to take a shower really fast, so no time for slimy eggs. :p I quickly got olive oil, rubbed it on my hair, kept it on for 10 minutes, then went in the shower and washed it off with shampoo. Came out with nice soft and silky hair with no frizzies! YAY! :D My friend uses eggs, I always use olive oil, and it works great. From what I've heard, hair is protein and eggs have a lot of protein, so when you put them on your hair, it helps stimulate growth. Its kinda gross, but they say it works. LOL My friend actually uses the yolk and not the white, because the yolk is the protein part. Gosh, I still can't get myself to put eggs on my hair, but I think I should try it anyway.

For those of you who are going to use oil, olive oil and coconut oil are very good for hair, and people very often use them. As for other oils, I honestly don't know. Some people say Vitamin E oil is good for hair, but I don't know what form they put it in.

Amber_The_Pet_Lover
07-21-2003, 03:47 PM
I have straight hair. But if my hair decides to go frizzy on me ill try it!:)C:\Documents and Settings\Floyd Owsley\My Documents\My Pictures\2208061185_400_7.jpg

Jessica12345
07-23-2003, 09:26 AM
soo... are you supose to wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner after? do the eggs and stuff make it smell funny? lol. :p