PDA

View Full Version : DOGGIE GAS!!!:)

shais_mom
11-23-2001, 03:37 PM
Of course they didn't mention the yougurt thing in the food, that Jessica told me to do with Greyhounds but..........
The Flatulent Dog

There are few odors in nature as foul as the
emissions of a
flatulent dog! And, like humans, some dogs are more
susceptible to gas than others. If your vet rules
out any
underlying medical problems, you might discuss
changing
diets to see if the change of ingredients might
decrease
your dog's gas problem. (And please remember: never
give a
dog an antacid designed for humans. Serious health
problems
could result).

Dog First Aid offers emergency advice for dogs in
distress. http://www.dog-first-aid.com

Logan
11-23-2001, 04:27 PM
Oh, Staci! I thought at first it might be little Keegan, and I was wondering how in the world such a little thing could be causing a problem!! :o

Hope you two had a happy holiday.

Logan

mugsy
11-23-2001, 04:34 PM
Our vet suggested putting a large rock in Daisy's bowl to get her to slow down. It has worked so far. He also suggests for an upset stomach Tums or Pepto.

Rottie
11-25-2001, 06:25 PM
Carl used to eat really really really really really really really really fast! He still eats fast, but he's not so bad anymore.

We tried the ball in the bowl thing and he just pushed it out. :rolleyes:

We discovered he only eats really really fast if he is really hungry. He used to eat once a day, so by the next day when he got to eat again, he was really hungry - the result, he ate really fast. So we cut his meal in half and gave half in the morning and half at night.

We also feed him in his crate in another room with the door closed. This prevents him from worrying that someone else is going to come in and eat his food.

He doesn't eat "slow" now. But at least he chews. :D

RachelJ
11-26-2001, 08:59 AM
My two also get fed twice a day. This also helps prevent the gurking up of that yellow stomach acid.

Rottie
11-26-2001, 02:23 PM
I also put some water over Carl's food. It helps quite a bit to slow him down. :)

[ November 26, 2001: Message edited by: Rottie ]

Edwina's Secretary
11-26-2001, 03:18 PM
I have a problem with my husband eating too fast. Maybe I'll try some of these ideas on him!
:D :D :D